Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 09:36 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Last time you said this very same thing, I told you what I believed, and you thanked me for replying. What changed? Did you forget it?

Does he believe Jesus is the son go God, and whoever believed in Him will have eternal life? I asked him if he was a Christian, and he would not even answer that. I have absolutely no clue what he believes. If he wants to share his views, thats fine, if not, thats fine too. So far he has never given a straight answer to any question I have asked him. It is probably time to give up.
Some things I remember, some posters I get mixed up. I used to have a fantastic memory, now it goes in and out. I also recently, very pointedly, asked you what your beliefs on hellfire were. I didn't see an answer to that. What your message is must not be very important if you wish to discuss you or I instead of it.

Edit: the whole "are you a Christian" question. Even as a believer I wouldn't have been able to answer that question properly. To say I'm a Christian is to separate myself from Muslims, Jews, atheists....That was the whole point of my experience, it's about connectivity and not separation. I'm not different from anyone else solely based on my beliefs. I believe those words are meant to divide so i wouldn't have participated in them if I really were a believer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 09:43 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Age, Any reasonably minded person can see the games of avoidance, i'm right you're wrong, the bible says so, by the gullible ranks of the fundamentalists play, who are scared ****less to look at what they believe, just in case God strikes them down or worse still they see they are not building on the scriptures or Jesus Christ but the hay and stubble of the traditions, beliefs systems and doctrines of men.
There is no persuasion that a man can bring to layer faith onto someone else's fear, to help displace their fear, i.e. that God isn't going to strike them down for questioning doctrine. It is by revelation, and as you and I well know, many aren't meant to have the slightest level of revelation until well into the 'next life' - revelation of truth is a very broad spectrum.

It takes a long time to bring some sons to maturity - eons and ages - we just gotta let that process be sometimes, and accept we are not part of it, for everyone.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:51 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
There is no persuasion that a man can bring to layer faith onto someone else's fear, to help displace their fear, i.e. that God isn't going to strike them down for questioning doctrine. It is by revelation, and as you and I well know, many aren't meant to have the slightest level of revelation until well into the 'next life' - revelation of truth is a very broad spectrum.

It takes a long time to bring some sons to maturity - eons and ages - we just gotta let that process be sometimes, and accept we are not part of it, for everyone.
Sweet post,
Spoken like a spiritual poet lol. I don't think learning ever stops, I believe in an after life, but just because you might have an afterlife doesn't mean you will suddenly know everything.

A Living Hope
…11trying to determine the time and setting to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they foretold the things now announced by those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look in to these things.

I don't think learning ever stops, and I believe people are being educated no matter what religion they are in, and that God will use them some place else when they pass on from this life. I just see a lot of work, a lot of workers needed.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:58 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Some things I remember, some posters I get mixed up. I used to have a fantastic memory, now it goes in and out. I also recently, very pointedly, asked you what your beliefs on hellfire were. I didn't see an answer to that. What your message is must not be very important if you wish to discuss you or I instead of it.
#745 #736 #941 to name a few. I also added we will find out what it is exactly. I never claimed to have been there to know exactly what it is, and neither do you, or anyone else here. The Bible teaches unbelievers will be separated from God and all his glory.

I answer the best I can, and it gets old to listen to the universalists insist otherwise. It is dishonest.

Quote:
Edit: the whole "are you a Christian" question. Even as a believer I wouldn't have been able to answer that question properly. To say I'm a Christian is to separate myself from Muslims, Jews, atheists....That was the whole point of my experience, it's about connectivity and not separation. I'm not different from anyone else solely based on my beliefs. I believe those words are meant to divide so i wouldn't have participated in them if I really were a believer.
No, it is not a trick question, it is a very simple question. Do you trust Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? No answer.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
#745 #736 #941 to name a few. I also added we will find out what it is exactly. I never claimed to have been there to know exactly what it is, and neither do you, or anyone else here. The Bible teaches unbelievers will be separated from God and all his glory.

I answer the best I can, and it gets old to listen to the universalists insist otherwise. It is dishonest.

No, it is not a trick question, it is a very simple question. Do you trust Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? No answer.
OK, I'll look those posts over.

Asking someone if the trust Jesus Christ as their lord and savior is the trick in that question. They could trust the very same thing you do but recognize it as something else.

Edit: You are the guy that tried dropping that "I believe the truth" line on me. That's exactly what my mom would say.

Edit edit: If you believe in an eternal soul, where did it come from? What is it made of? Has it always been?

Old 04-22-2018, 10:08 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Asking someone if the trust Jesus Christ as their lord and savior is the trick in that question. They could trust the very same thing you do but recognize it as something else.
No, not a trick question, but I guess it could be used as an excuse to avoid answering any question.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
No, not a trick question, but I guess it could be used as an excuse to avoid answering any question.
See, this is why we have trouble understanding each other. I'm trying to say, that if I were a believer, I would have to avoid anyway of separating myself from the rest of His creation. Humanity looked to me to be the physical form of God. By defining myself as a Christian I am also defining what I am not. As in I'm part of one group and not part of another. I would have refused to be herded into one of the preassigned "rooms" meant to divide the creation. Remember, it was Satan that was jealous of mankind and not God. It was Satan that wanted to see us taken down a few notches and to see us on our knees.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:19 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sweet post,
Spoken like a spiritual poet lol. I don't think learning ever stops, I believe in an after life, but just because you might have an afterlife doesn't mean you will suddenly know everything.

A Living Hope
…11trying to determine the time and setting to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they foretold the things now announced by those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look in to these things.

I don't think learning ever stops, and I believe people are being educated no matter what religion they are in, and that God will use them some place else when they pass on from this life. I just see a lot of work, a lot of workers needed.
Oh boy, you're stirring me up so much. I've just had a couple of witnesses - 2 to be precise! ...Not by might, not by power, but my Spirit saith the Lord, and also this: https://youtu.be/fzU5jdbKOUk

Old 04-22-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
See, this is why we have trouble understanding each other. I'm trying to say, that if I were a believer, I would have to avoid anyway of separating myself from the rest of His creation. Humanity looked to me to be the physical form of God. By defining myself as a Christian I am also defining what I am not. As in I'm part of one group and not part of another. I would have refused to be herded into one of the preassigned "rooms" meant to divide the creation. Remember, it was Satan that was jealous of mankind and not God. It was Satan that wanted to see us taken down a few notches and to see us on our knees.
I wanted to include some scriptural backing for my claims:

Hebrews 2

[i]5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
7 You made them a little[a] lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
8 and put everything under their feet.”[b][c]

In putting everything under them,[d] God left nothing that is not subject to them.[e] Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them.[f] 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.[g] 12 He says,

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”[h]

13 And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”

And again he says,

“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”[j]

14 Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. 16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them,[k] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Old 04-22-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Oh boy, you're stirring me up so much. I've just had a couple of witnesses - 2 to be precise! ...Not by might, not by power, but my Spirit saith the Lord, and also this: https://youtu.be/fzU5jdbKOUk
I love that song! It came out when I was a kid and my dad listened to country music. When we go help chop wood we would listen to it in the truck. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity