Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 10:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Come down off your cross, dear. You were not attacked. An observation was made.
And there goes another personal attack---shows you are out of ideas to continue the subject. I hope you observed----I did not start this thread or even posted much in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 10:23 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And there goes another personal attack---shows you are out of ideas to continue the subject. I hope you observed----I did not start this thread or even posted much in it.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:32 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,896,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
I am asking you to clarify YOUR own comment and you refuse to do so, and somehow that is deflection from my part

You can't make it up folks

Now I've seen it all. LOL (well, lets see what Pleroo has to add )

Oh my.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Can I ask why you even bother talking to these people? Ignore them. They are here just to mock. The more you reply the more they post. And some of the posts are down right creepy. one grown man impersonates a 80 year grandmother.

Leave them be

Just my humble opinion...
If you want 'creepy', ST ...go to Post #123 . . .

That said, I have several times responded to a post of yours (the above Post #123 included) that have been ignored by you ...even though time and effort went into their posting. That's okay as I have a lot of time on my hands these days but it would be appreciated to at least receive an acknowledgement from you.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:04 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Some people can't imagine brotherly love unless it involves sex.
Apparently not.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Can I ask why you even bother talking to these people? Ignore them. They are here just to mock. The more you reply the more they post. And some of the posts are down right creepy. one grown man impersonates a 80 year grandmother.

Leave them be

Just my humble opinion...
When you let them speak, it exposes their fruit, which is anger and mockery, which in turn exposed the spirit which controls them.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:14 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When you let them speak, it exposes their fruit, which is anger and mockery, which in turn exposed the spirit which controls them.
And that is why I call them meat puppets. The evil ones pull a string and they just dance and twirl for them. They pull another string and all the lying worldly filth just spews out their mouth.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:23 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times
Quote:
When they hear the word "love" they think sex. They cannot comprehend a brotherly love connection can be very strong. Jonathan was not jealous of David stepping in and depriving him of the throne, he was happy for him. He insisted on it. He said he loved David like himself. This is a description of very selfless kind of love, the kind of love Jesus promoted. It is absurd people insist it translates into something erotic.

At time of war, soldiers form very strong relationships with their brothers in arms, and some might claim they love them more than their wife, but it is different kind of love. I tried to explain the different kinds of love, but it didn't take.

It is telling the same people who parrot "love your neighbor" now insist that if your neighbor is same sex as you, loving him/her means you are gay.
You are clearly making up lies about what others have said. I do not know what causes you to do this.

The only place in the scriptures where I am aware that someone is said to have loved a man even more than women is this case of David and Jonathan. Therefore, it does make one wonder what this may mean. Not that we can say with any certainty, but it is an unusual turn of phrase rarely used in the bible.

You are one of the most stiff-necked people I have ever encountered on-line or in real life. You do not know how to have a discussion about anything where the answer is unknown and cannot be proved.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The only place in the scriptures where I am aware that someone is said to have loved a man even more than women is this case of David and Jonathan. Therefore, it does make one wonder what this may mean.
It is because you think love always has a sexual element in it. It is not so. Read my post about different kinds of love.

Quote:
You are one of the most stiff-necked people I have ever encountered on-line or in real life. You do not know how to have a discussion about anything where the answer is unknown and cannot be proved.
Sure, sure, same to you. Get personal when everything else fails

Old 04-20-2018, 08:45 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If you want 'creepy', ST ...go to Post #123 . . .

That said, I have several times responded to a post of yours (the above Post #123 included) that have been ignored by you ...even though time and effort went into their posting. That's okay as I have a lot of time on my hands these days but it would be appreciated to at least receive an acknowledgement from you.
He's one of the fundie cowards that puts people whose arguments shred his ignorance on ignore.

I at least retain a sliver of respect for the fundies who do not.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Apparently not.
And some people can't think about gays without thinking about what they do with their naughty bits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity