Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 11:25 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The Bible not the Pope makes it very clear there is only ONE way to salvation......

1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
So, deep in the Amazon jungle there is this man. Let’s say his name is Nimbyah. He was raised by 2 loving parents, was very thoughtful of his neighbors, helped those in need, gave a portion of his food to a local man who was elderly and could no longer hunt. Married a woman and raised 2 children. Never hurt anyone and always felt terrible and repented if he ever did anything wrong. But Nimbyah doesn’t know Christ. He may have heard the name and a brief story about Him from rare visitors to his village.

Nimbyah dies.

Are you telling me that Nimbyah is spending an eternity in the fires of hell?

My God wouldn’t do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 08:05 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,435 times
Crickets..........

Old 04-12-2018, 06:49 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Because we all know that God's TRUE religion is headquartered out of Brooklyn, NY?
They sold that building two years ago to a consortium (that included Kushner Companies).

Headquarters is now in Warwick, in Orange County, N.Y.

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/1/23/1692...ersion-details

Old 04-12-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The Bible not the Pope makes it very clear there is only ONE way to salvation......

1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
"The Bible" is a collection of man's writings, not some spiritual authority.

That's the POV of the guy who was writing to Timothy. You need to bear that in mind

Old 04-12-2018, 08:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
"The Bible" is a collection of man's writings, not some spiritual authority.

That's the POV of the guy who was writing to Timothy. You need to bear that in mind
Actually, he knew full well he was writing Scripture, as he called it "God-breathed". His writings were called Scripture by a contemporary, Peter. Paul claimed to have received revelation from God. It wasn't "just his opinion". There were places where he was clear that he was simply giving his opinion, but this wasn't one of those spots.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:23 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
They sold that building two years ago to a consortium (that included Kushner Companies).

Headquarters is now in Warwick, in Orange County, N.Y.

https://ny.curbed.com/2018/1/23/1692...ersion-details
Hmm....didn't realize that. OK....so now they're based out of Orange County, NY.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Hmm....didn't realize that. OK....so now they're based out of Orange County, NY.
Yeah, it was big news in the NYC commercial real estate world. That building with WATCHTOWER emblazoned on a big sign at the top was a visible presence for many decades.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Actually, he knew full well he was writing Scripture, as he called it "God-breathed". His writings were called Scripture by a contemporary, Peter. Paul claimed to have received revelation from God. It wasn't "just his opinion". There were places where he was clear that he was simply giving his opinion, but this wasn't one of those spots.
I know, but I could write something and call it God-breathed, too. I'm sure he truly believed it was. Heck, I HAVE written things I felt very strongly were inspired.

Some people agreed, some did not. That's how it goes with people who write.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
That same man also wrote "25Now about virgins, I havenocommandfrom the Lord,butI givea judgmentas one who by the Lord’s mercy is trustworthy. " 1Cor 7:25

SO, preumably according to you we have God telling him to say "God is not telling me to say this, but..."

Your doctrine of men is so leaky only the most prejudiced and jaundiced would claim it.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:57 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Yeah I have seen her, even follow her youtube channel and on social media now.
She used to be a moderate Protestant (Church of Christ), and saw some of those videos before she became a Catholic.
They were quite refreshing even then, rather than the militant Evangelical Protestant videos declaring that the Pope was the Antichrist, 10 dirty secrets of the Catholic Church, and it was the ***** of Babylon etc etc.
This is the sort of stuff she made BEFORE becoming a Catholic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8p9i696K-o
The Church of Christ is not moderate. They left behind that theology when they split from the Disciples of Christ. They are fundamentalist in many of their beliefs... baptism by immersion, bible is inerrant etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity