Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2019, 06:49 PM

7,287 posts, read 6,863,053 times

Advertisements

Are you teaching that God will defy the will of man?

Old 05-26-2019, 07:47 PM

7,530 posts, read 2,963,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Dear Arleigh: Mankind is a will. The Will of all wills prevails. Our God wills all mankind to be saved.

Time for a song>>>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykYwSTv8h8

Old 05-27-2019, 07:05 AM

Universal Restoration

The reason why I do not conceive that “forever and ever” doth intend endless duration is because I find the words as often used for times and periods that must have an end, as you find them used for the misery of the wicked. You bring three passages which are all that are to be found in the whole Bible where they are used in that sense; I shall now invalidate those evidences for endless damnation by bringing an equal number of texts where you will allow the words are used in a limited sense. Is. 30:8; Jer. 7:7; Jer. 25:5.

These passages are as many and as strongly expressed as those which you brought to prove endless misery; and yet nothing can be more evident than that they cannot intend endless duration. The words do not necessarily imply that the wicked shall never be delivered from their sins and consequent suffering.

Now if the words “forever and ever” signify without end, then there is a contradiction that cannot be reconciled, but only understand them as the ages of the ages, (as indeed they ought to be rendered), and the whole difficulty vanishes at once.” -Elhanan Winchester –

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Elhanan-Winchester

Elhanan Winchester: The Gospel Preached by the Apostles (1788) | Mercy Upon All

"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for our sins only, but for the sins of the whole world"

"the whole world"= the radical all

Old 05-27-2019, 07:27 AM

Rom. 11:36

"From Him everything comes, through Him everything exists and in Him everything ends."

Ta pavnte= the all things.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming. From Him ta pavnte comes, through Him ta pavnte exists, and in Him ta pavnte ends.

Eph. 1:

"He has made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him. And you too, who in Him were made heirs, having been chosen beforehand in accordance with the intention of Him whose might carries out in everything the design of His own will."

The all things in the heavens, the all things in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one, the ta pavnte en/in Christ.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

Col. 1:20

"God purposed through Him to reconcile the universe to Himself, making peace through His blood...to reconcile to Himself through Him, I say, things on earth and things in heaven. And you..."

The all things (the ta pavnte) in the heavens, the all things (the ta pavnte) in the earth, and you who once were dead in trespasses and sins. God has purposed to reconcile the universe (the ta pavnte) to Himself. The ta pavnte/ the all, encompasses the ta pavnte on the earth and the ta pavnte in the heavens. The ta pavnte= the all, the whole enchilada.

Ta pavnte = in the absolute sense of the whole of creation, the universe. Of everything in heaven and earth that is in need of uniting and redeeming.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:53 AM

“God’s purposes are so vast and glorious, beyond all guessing now, that when they are achieved and consummated, all our sufferings and sorrows of today, even the agonies that nearly break our faith, the disasters that well nigh overwhelm us, shall, seen from that fair country where God’s age long dreams come true, bulk as little as bulk now the pieces of a broken toy upon a nursery floor, over which, thinking that all our little world was in ruins, we cried ourselves to sleep.” -Dr. Leslie Weatherhead-

Behold, I make all things new!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBY9TxnAMw

Old 05-30-2019, 08:00 AM

The Magnitude of Redemption

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." -1 John 4:14

"Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth." -1 Tim. 2:4.

This is not a pitting of man’s will against the will of God as some try to teach, with man’s will able to resist and hold out until God cannot change him, but must throw him into some eternal cesspool to be tormented.

Nay- for we read that ‘He is working out all things after the counsel of His own will,’ and man cannot disannul that which HE has willed. It is God’s will that all shall come to Christ. He is the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. Why then shall we be so foolish as to dispute the immutability of His truth?” -Ray Prinzing-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykYwSTv8h8

Old 05-30-2019, 08:09 AM

We can discuss words and their meaning, but in the end what do we grasp of our Heavenly Father?

My earthly father, like all father's of calibre, loved me and would protect me. We have those who actually believe the Father of all fathers, does not simply correct, and at times chastise, His wayward children, BUT is intent on endless punishment for any that "cross" Him!

To add to this already nasty scene, actually adds "unending torment" to the mix. I have no idea what would entertain a person to follow a god like this? I cannot grasp it, not for a second.

Rosey, for one, will rest His weary head on Abba, who will join me?

Old 05-31-2019, 11:41 PM

421 posts, read 151,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It won't be necessary for God to defy the will of man. Love is pretty persuasive, and time is on His side.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:12 AM

63,424 posts, read 39,679,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
We can discuss words and their meaning, but in the end what do we grasp of our Heavenly Father?

My earthly father, like all father's of calibre, loved me and would protect me. We have those who actually believe the Father of all fathers, does not simply correct, and at times chastise, His wayward children, BUT is intent on endless punishment for any that "cross" Him!

To add to this already nasty scene, actually adds "unending torment" to the mix. I have no idea what would entertain a person to follow a god like this? I cannot grasp it, not for a second.

Rosey, for one, will rest His weary head on Abba, who will join me?
Having experienced His love first hand, I happily join you in resting in Abba.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
It won't be necessary for God to defy the will of man. Love is pretty persuasive, and time is on His side.
My friend Hball: Time is indeed on His side! We grasp little in our wee spans of the outer laminar spheres of the unspeakable unknown!

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Word for today=

peithó

To persuade, move or induce one by persuasion to do something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity