Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:11 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I suppose Isaiah should have said a 3D Circle?The earth is ROUND like a CIRCLE, isn't it?
Based on some on this forum and in the world, the Bible should have had thousands more pages of extra text, comments, and footnotes to clarify every single point and iota. Only an absurd level of detail would work for them. But then they'd turn around and mock that as well. There is no satisfying these types of people. Their never-ending mission is to complain, corrupt, and destroy. It's not getting past me, and I'll continue to expose their ways.

I've traditionally had a neutral view of atheists, and haven't had any reason to be critical of them. But if this thread is any indication, they just may be some of the dumbest folks on the planet. They have a 'religion' and a 'faith' that they don't even see. They hold to things unproven and unfounded under a laughable guise of "research", and will follow after anything they see posted on the Internet. They're easily convinced of something just because it's on the Internet, and are clueless to the folly of what they're promoting. None of this "stuff" can stand the test of time, or any kind of real scrutiny, and yet they've bought it hook line and sinker. It's funny to observe though. A comic thread can be worthwhile, so I'm starting to enjoy this.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 04-16-2018 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 09:35 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
You can't argue with them, so might as well leave them alone. I've encountered quite a few out there. Irrational to me and I am in amazement that anyone could believe it. Peace

Old 04-16-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
might as well leave them alone.
It is they who need to leave us alone. The error is on their side, and I'm not backing down. As long as they continue to dish it out, I'll be there to meet them.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:45 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Based on some on this forum and in the world, the Bible should have had thousands more pages of extra text, comments, and footnotes to clarify every single point and iota. Only an absurd level of detail would work for them. But then they'd turn around and mock that as well. There is no satisfying these types of people. Their never-ending mission is to complain, corrupt, and destroy. It's not getting past me, and I'll continue to expose their ways.

I've traditionally had a neutral view of atheists, and haven't had any reason to be critical of them. But if this thread is any indication, they just may be some of the dumbest folks on the planet. They have a 'religion' and a 'faith' that they don't even see. They hold to things unproven and unfounded under a laughable guise of "research", and will follow after anything they see posted on the Internet. They're easily convinced of something just because it's on the Internet, and are clueless to the folly of what they're promoting. None of this "stuff" can stand the test of time, or any kind of real scrutiny.
I'm not an atheist. Neither is Dr. Heiser. It appears that you have no clue regarding the work of educated peer reviewed scholars and what they know about the time and culture in which the Bible was written. The only thing that you are exposing is your own fear of objectively examining the evidence. Your denials are ridiculous.

And scrutiny? You refuse to scrutinize the issue at all. All you've done is bark 'nuh uh.' And it's apparent that that is all you are ever going to do.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:47 PM

I'm not going to waste time with what is clearly foolish handiwork. I know the Bible enough to know what it says. I need no armchair "experts", as humorous as that is. They can take their obviously flawed ideas - which I can spot from miles away - and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. You can continue to buy into their ideas if that makes you happy. Frankly Capt. Mike, I don't give a damn.

The burden of proof is on you, not me. You still haven't proven your topic, and no one has been swayed. Your ship is off-course and not headed where you wanted it to go. You've failed your self-appointed mission Capt. Mike. Adios amigo.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:55 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I'm not going to waste time with what is clearly foolish handiwork. I know the Bible enough to know what it says. I need no armchair "experts", as humorous as that is. They can take their obviously flawed ideas - which I can spot from miles away - and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. You can continue to buy into their ideas if that makes you happy. Frankly Capt. Mike, I don't give a damn.

The burden of proof is on you, not me. You still haven't proven your topic, and no one has been swayed. Your ship is off-course and not headed where you wanted it to go. You've failed your self-appointed mission Capt. Mike. Adios amigo.
Talk about running after you said 'bring it on!' You obviously do give a damn! Blind, ignorant, and unwillingly to learn - typical religious nuttery!

Old 04-16-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:

You still haven't proven your topic, and no one has been swayed. Your ship is off-course and not headed where you wanted it to go. You've failed your mission Capt. Mike.
What are you afraid of? Why are you unwilling to let the Bible be what it is? It's an ancient document written by ancient Hebrews to an ancient audience that had an ancient view of the cosmos. The fact that they believed that the earth was flat doesn't affect the message that God communicated to them. What you are doing is trying to impose a twenty-first century cosmology on an ancient people. That's called cultural imperialism.

As for the topic which is that there is a growing flat-earth movement, yes that has been proven. And yes, the Bible does depict a flat earth no matter how much you deny it.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:01 PM

This thread certainly has evoked a strong reaction from certain people. Many Christians have no problem with accepting the ancient pre-scientific view of the cosmos that is depicted in the Bible. Others apparently can't handle it.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
But it's NOT depicted in the bible. That is an error in understanding they are trying to hang it on. And let's remember that the creation itself is a witness to what is written. So if the creation itself contradicts what some believe the Word is saying, then there's an error in understanding regarding the written Word, no other way around it. So the thing fails the 2 witness test and should be abandoned. Peace

Old 04-16-2018, 10:07 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
But it's NOT depicted in the bible. That is an error in understanding they are trying to hang it on. And let's remember that the creation itself is a witness to what is written. So if the creation itself contradicts what some believe the Word is saying, then there's an error in understanding regarding the written Word, no other way around it. So the thing fails the 2 witness test and should be abandoned. Peace
Is the peak of Christian reason - my goodness - I fear for humanity!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity