Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it time for a female Pope?
Yes, otherwise it's misogyny 3 14.29%
No, women belong in the kitchen 6 28.57%
There should not be a Papacy in the first place 7 33.33%
Other (Please specify) 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 10:38 PM

774 posts, read 1,775,269 times

Advertisements

In the almost 2000 year history of the Roman Catholic Church, there has never been a female Pope. Is it time for one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 11:12 PM

709 posts, read 377,231 times
In the Bible we find the answer. Woman should not become shepherd. It's against God's law.

P.s Woman belong to home with childrens. It is important task in family.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
In the Bible we find the answer. Woman should not become shepherd. It's against God's law.
How do you know this is meant figuratively, not literally, here?

Old 04-17-2018, 11:16 PM

33,170 posts, read 26,333,481 times
Quote:
You really believe that women belong in the kitchen? That's how you voted.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You really believe that women belong in the kitchen? That's how you voted.
Freedom of speech. Freedom of thought. Freedom of religion. That's what America is all about.

I realize that Mikko is not American, but one day they might have the same freedoms there that we enjoy here.

I didn't know that they had Catholics in Finland though. I thought it was mostly the lazy southern Europe that was Catholic.

Last edited by max.b; 04-18-2018 at 12:10 AM..

Old 04-17-2018, 11:59 PM

23,039 posts, read 10,373,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post
In the almost 2000 year history of the Roman Catholic Church, there has never been a female Pope. Is it time for one?
Absolutely not, A woman Pope?

Are you kidding me?

Old 04-18-2018, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Absolutely not, A woman Pope?

Are you kidding me?
It's logical, when you think about it. The Pope is the CEO of one of the most powerful organizations in the world. Why should this role be denied to women, and not due to their own failings, but as a matter of policy?

Old 04-18-2018, 12:12 AM

23,039 posts, read 10,373,922 times
I voted no, that women should stay in the kitchen cause that was the only way to vote no, and that is a pretty insulting thing, women can do all sorts of things in life, but many women really should serve in the kitchen. I knew one once, she wanted me to buy her a nice watch, and that just goes to show how selfish she was, I mean, there is a clock right there on the oven.

I have been the man who stayed home and raised the kid and it is really hard work, my hats off to the ladies who get no sleep, and who must have enough strength to do jobs way harder than men ever thought of. A man's idea is to be working making money, and he feels guilty at times because he is a man. The truth is, many men want to be away from the hard work a woman faces every day and I know it sure aint easy for single mothers, ESPECIALLY, when you have no family to give you a break like the fortunate, and there is no one to trust.

But a woman POPE?

The whole idea is that he stands in place of Christ, and this is an example of a bridegroom, if I may be so bold to speak, not being a Catholic.

No Insult to women, women truly can become as men, and also counted as sons of God, this is a true statement, in Judaism, there would not EVER be such a thing as a woman serving as high priest in the role of a man, because the role IS OF A MAIL, being the head of a female body. Having said that, I woman can truly become a son of God in a spiritual sense, and even counted amongst the high priests.

My vote don't count BECAUSE, I am not a Catholic. but all the protestants who mistakenly believe they aren't Catholic should have a say, being the fact that they follow Catholic law.

I don't follow Catholic law, so I should have a say.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:19 AM

You can vote "other" and then explain your position.

But ultimately, saying "no" means that women are told that they belong in one place and this other place is denied to them due to their gender alone.

Last edited by max.b; 04-18-2018 at 01:01 AM..

Old 04-18-2018, 02:56 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,168,429 times
Quote:

P.s Woman belong to home with childrens. It is important task in family.
in the bible we find the TRUTH...

Deborah

1 Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, now that Ehud was dead.

2 So the Lord sold them into the hands of Jabin king of Canaan, who reigned in Hazor. Sisera, the commander of his army, was based in Harosheth Haggoyim.

3 Because he had nine hundred chariots fitted with iron and had cruelly oppressed the Israelites for twenty years, they cried to the Lord for help.

4 Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was LEADING Israel at that time.

5 She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went up to her to have their disputes decided.

6 She sent for Barak son of Abinoam from Kedesh in Naphtali and said to him, “The Lord, the God of Israel, commands you: ‘Go, take with you ten thousand men of Naphtali and Zebulun and lead them up to Mount Tabor.

7 I will lead Sisera, the commander of Jabin’s army, with his chariots and his troops to the Kishon River and give him into your hands.’ ”

8 Barak said to her, “If you go with me, I will go; but if you don’t go with me, I won’t go.”

9 “Certainly I will go with you,” said Deborah. “But because of the course you are taking, the honor will not be yours, for the Lord will deliver Sisera into the hands of a woman.” So Deborah went with Barak to Kedesh.

10 There Barak summoned Zebulun and Naphtali, and ten thousand men went up under his command. Deborah also went up with him.

11 Now Heber the Kenite had left the other Kenites, the descendants of Hobab, Moses’ brother-in-law,b and pitched his tent by the great tree in Zaanannim near Kedesh.

12 When they told Sisera that Barak son of Abinoam had gone up to Mount Tabor,

13 Sisera summoned from Harosheth Haggoyim to the Kishon River all his men and his nine hundred chariots fitted with iron.

14 Then Deborah said to Barak, “Go! This is the day the Lord has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the Lord gone ahead of you?” So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him.

15 At Barak’s advance, the Lord routed Sisera and all his chariots and army by the sword, and Sisera got down from his chariot and fled on foot.

16 Barak pursued the chariots and army as far as Harosheth Haggoyim, and all Sisera’s troops fell by the sword; not a man was left.

17 Sisera, meanwhile, fled on foot to the tent of Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, because there was an alliance between Jabin king of Hazor and the family of Heber the Kenite.

18 Jael went out to meet Sisera and said to him, “Come, my lord, come right in. Don’t be afraid.” So he entered her tent, and she covered him with a blanket.

19 “I’m thirsty,” he said. “Please give me some water.” She opened a skin of milk, gave him a drink, and covered him up.

20 “Stand in the doorway of the tent,” he told her. “If someone comes by and asks you, ‘Is anyone in there?’ say ‘No.’ ”

21 But Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died.

22 Just then Barak came by in pursuit of Sisera, and Jael went out to meet him. “Come,” she said, “I will show you the man you’re looking for.” So he went in with her, and there lay Sisera with the tent peg through his temple—dead.

23 On that day God subdued Jabin king of Canaan before the Israelites. 24And the hand of the Israelites pressed harder and harder against Jabin king of Canaan until they destroyed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity