Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2018, 02:25 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
What you cite comes after the wrath and fierceness of Almighty God being poured out on the wicked by His Lion of Judah, Yeshua. Finally, we do not delight in the destruction of the wicked, just the fact that they no longer will be imposing their wickedness on others.
Are you speaking of Sukkot?

Revelation 12
And the dragon was enraged at the woman, and went to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore.

Revelation 14:12
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 20
11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

You sure like to mention quotes from Revelation but what is it that you think you are speaking of, OTHER than appointed Holy days ordained by God in his last harvest? Do you know what day it is?
You keep quoting a book written in Jewish idioms to people who practice Judaism and who know the Holy days and what is taking place, and what is taking place is NO WHERE NEAR what you think is taking place.

Revelation is a Book TO LIVE BY, it's not showing you the end, it is showing a Gentile how to become a Jew. Who do you think is at war with the saints in this Holy book?

The book is written to those people who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus, IS THAT YOU? Then you quote verses about the fall of Babylon, and there is no reason for a Babylonian Christian to look around to see what Babylonians that Revelation is speaking of because of the fact, THE BOOK IS WRITTEN TO THE CHURCHES.

Revelation 3 ~ WHY A GENTILE MUST BECOME A JEW
Revelation 3
Message to the Church in Philadelphia
7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Revelation 2
Message to the Church in Smyrna
8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

You are continuously reading a book written in Jewish idioms about the duties of the priests of Judaism performing their tasks as each tradition and ritual practiced in Judaism on those fall Holy days, and you are putting yourself with the saints who keep the commandments of God and who have the faith in Jesus WHO ARE BECOMING PRIESTS, BUT THE BABYLONIAN CHRISTIANS ARE FIGHTING THEM AS THEY STAND IN THE OUTER COURT.

You are continuously taking ancient Jewish practices of Judaism along with their traditions as you misrepresent everything about it, everything about the appointed holy days people have been keeping for thousands of years before Jesus came along.

You keep Passover and unleavened bread, and Sukkot, and you love the law, THEN BY THE LAW YOU ARE SEALED IN YOUR FOREHEAD AND RIGHT HAND ON ROSH HASHANAH AS REVELATION IS SHOWING IN CHAPTER 7 AND CHAPTER 11. You are reading about Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur unfolding but you want to read it from Babylon, NOT ADMITTING WHERE YOU ARE, AND WHY A PERSON IS SEALED ON ROSH HASHANAH.

There is no way for you to change the facts of the laws, there is no way that you can change the fact that what holy days you keep, THEY SEAL YOU IN YOUR FOREHEAD AND RIGHT HAND.

Exodus 13

Dedication of the Firstborn
(Deuteronomy 15:19-23)

1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine.
3And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten. 4This day came ye out in the month Abib. 5And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee, a land flowing with milk and honey, that thou shalt keep this service in this month. 6Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the seventh day shall be a feast to the LORD. 7Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters. 8And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt.

9And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth:

for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. 10Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.
11And it shall be when the LORD shall bring thee into the land of the Canaanites, as he sware unto thee and to thy fathers, and shall give it thee, 12That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD'S. 13And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem. 14And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What is this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage: 15And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem. 16And it shall be for a token upon thine hand, and for frontlets between thine eyes: for by strength of hand the LORD brought us forth out of Egypt.

You are reading Revelation written about Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, the feast of Tabernacles, and Shemini Atzeret, BUT YOU ARE ACTING AS IF YOU ARE AMONGST THE SAINTS WHO KEEP THE HOLY DAYS OF JESUS AND WHO KEEP THE HOLY DAYS OF GOD AND HAVE GOD'S SEAL IN THEIR FOREHEADS. You are sealed by whatever holy days you keep, are your Holy days in Jerusalem? Do you accept the 7 feasts of Christ and his holy 8th day? If you don't, then you are reading Revelation as a man sealed in his forehead, but he doesn't know what the seal is.

Which one are you with? Israel who keeps the commandments of God? Have you now become a Jew through living by Revelation?

Do you keep Christmas and Easter from Babylon, or do you keep the feasts of Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 02:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Do you keep Christmas and Easter from Babylon, or do you keep the feasts of Jesus?
You can always eat at my house.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
You're referring to the world church. The true Church of Yeshua has never ruled because the world knew Him not. Howbeit, the Saints will rule in the not-too-distant future.

Malachi 4
[1] For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
[2] But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
There is no Malachi 4...

Old 04-21-2018, 03:55 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There is no Malachi 4...
Yes there is. While the Masorectic text (the so-called Tanakh) only contains the first three chapters of Malachi, both the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls contain the fourth chapter.

https://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/gree...book=42&page=4

Biblical Dead Sea Scrolls - Malachi 4

Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
So says the damned.
You know things have got to bad when the so called damned are saying there are none more wicked than the fundies.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Yes there is. While the Masorectic text (the so-called Tanakh) only contains the first three chapters of Malachi, both the Septuagint and the Dead Sea Scrolls contain the fourth chapter.

No, what is chapter 4 is contained in chapter 3...

Malachi - Chapter 3

19 For lo, the sun comes, glowing like a furnace, and all the audacious sinners and all the perpetrators of wickedness will be stubble. And the sun that comes shall burn them up so that it will leave them neither root nor branch, says the Lord of Hosts.

20 And the sun of mercy shall rise with healing in its wings for you who fear My Name. Then will you go forth and be fat as fatted calves.

The Bible was divided into present-day chapters by Stephen Langton about 1200 CE. Verses were separated and numbered by Robert Stephanus in 1557. The Hebrew Old Testament was first divided into verses by a Jewish rabbi by the name of Nathan in A.D. 1448, which Robert Stephanus applied to the New Testament in 1555. - http://www.answers.com/Q/When_were_c...d_to_the_Bible

So, something is wrong if you are actually finding chapters and verses in the texts of the DSS...

Old 04-22-2018, 07:15 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, what is chapter 4 is contained in chapter 3...

Malachi - Chapter 3

19 For lo, the sun comes, glowing like a furnace, and all the audacious sinners and all the perpetrators of wickedness will be stubble. And the sun that comes shall burn them up so that it will leave them neither root nor branch, says the Lord of Hosts.

20 And the sun of mercy shall rise with healing in its wings for you who fear My Name. Then will you go forth and be fat as fatted calves.

The Bible was divided into present-day chapters by Stephen Langton about 1200 CE. Verses were separated and numbered by Robert Stephanus in 1557. The Hebrew Old Testament was first divided into verses by a Jewish rabbi by the name of Nathan in A.D. 1448, which Robert Stephanus applied to the New Testament in 1555. - When were chapters and verses added to the Bible

So, something is wrong if you are actually finding chapters and verses in the texts of the DSS...
That's true that the verse and chapter breaks weren't originally a part of the Bible but were added later. I compared the Chabad.org version of the Tanakh with the jewishvirtuallibrary version of the Tanakh, both of which are online.

The Chabad.org version of the Tanakh has Malachi as 3 chapters with 24 verses in chapter 3.
https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16221
The jewishvirtuallibrary.org version of the Tanakh breaks Malachi into 4 chapters with 5 verses in chapter 4 whereas chapter 3 only has 18 verses.
Book of Malachi
The Latin Vulgate which is a 4th century translation breaks Malachi into four chapters.
Malachias 4:1 Latin: Biblia Sacra Vulgata
ecce enim dies veniet succensa quasi caminus et erunt omnes superbi et omnes facientes impietatem stipula et inflammabit eos dies veniens dicit Dominus exercituum quae non relinquet eis radicem et germen

http://biblehub.com/multi/malachi/4-1.htm

Last edited by Michael Way; 04-22-2018 at 07:33 AM..

Old 04-22-2018, 07:22 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
What day is that? Where do you get that from?
From the Bible.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
So says the damned.
Quote:
Jude 1:9
But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous judgment against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

WHO ARE YOU AGAIN? I think you should apologize, no, really.
I am a servant of the Most High, and it's Biblical.

Acts 13
[6] And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Bar-jesus:
[7] Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.
[8] But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
[9] Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
[10] And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
[11] And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
[12] Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You know things have got to bad when the so called damned are saying there are none more wicked than the fundies.
I do indeed fundamentally believe the Holy Scriptures, just as Yeshua did and still does. I am zealous for the Lord as He commanded. Therefore, since you find that a point of derision, then that leaves you with the other crowd -- an enemy of the God of the Holy Scriptures.

Revelation 3
[19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
[21] To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
[22] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity