Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2018, 12:19 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,817,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Atheist countries/dictators have killed more people, especially in the 20th century, than anything else.

Do you count all the suicides caused by religious bigotry in that number? (e.g. young people committing suicide after being disowned by family for being LGBT). Do you count those who've had their lives destroyed and spirits (and hearts) broken by same?

You can say whatever the hell you want about me, I don't care any more. But there are atheists here on this board that I love dearly, and would give my last drop of blood for. I won't stand silent when they are being maligned by the likes of you or anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 02:35 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,741 times
Quote:
Atheist countries/dictators have killed more people, especially in the 20th century, than anything else.
Where do you get your figures? Have you counted the number of people murdered by the United States military and their allies? Throw in the number of people murdered in cold blood by police while you are at it. Then throw in the number of people murdered in non-atheist Muslim countries for any number of minor crimes or just being accused of a crime.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:00 AM

16,593 posts, read 15,532,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Good grief! Creation.com is a young earth creationist site that maintains that dinosaurs were on the ark. It also denies the possible existence of alien life on other planets.

As for that command for (true) Christians not to lie, you just violated it by claiming that there is no evidence for evolution.

Of course, now that you are turning this thread into a debate on evolution, which is against forum rules, it will invite moderator intervention.
Because people cite such ridiculous sites as Creation.com, AnswersInGenesis.org, ICR.org (Institute for Creation Research), it becomes impossible to have an intelligent conversation about evolution, and the discussion invariably veers far away from Religion and Spirituality (you know, the topics of our forums here) and people end up getting extremely frustrated trying to avoid making personal attacks, even when they are richly deserved. That is why we have to stick to discussing Religion and Spirituality and leave the discussion of Science to people who actually know and understand Science.

It is better to let people think you know nothing about evolution than to say something that makes people KNOW that you know nothing about it.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion. Further discussion of evolution will be dealt with.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-26-2018 at 11:50 AM..

Old 05-04-2018, 05:19 AM

15,797 posts, read 6,223,816 times
Jannell, I was looking through an old interaction I had to see if my viewpoints had changed. I ran across something that really resonated with me. I found it to be insightful both on that thread and on this one to0. the thread is locked so I'll just do a cut and paste:

The devil is so cunning. He loves to turn people against others but the worst he has ever done is turn women against men and vice versa. He hates humans.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...really-35.html
Post 350.

what happened?

Old 05-04-2018, 09:14 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,762,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Jannell, I was looking through an old interaction I had to see if my viewpoints had changed. I ran across something that really resonated with me. I found it to be insightful both on that thread and on this one to0. the thread is locked so I'll just do a cut and paste:

The devil is so cunning. He loves to turn people against others but the worst he has ever done is turn women against men and vice versa. He hates humans.

Post 350.

what happened?
pride. along with a pinch of deceit. is usually the mo.
hating the The All Mighty is the driving force.

Look at the account of iyov(job)

Old 05-04-2018, 09:36 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,266,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You understand there is zero evidence that proves evolution true? The leap you are trying to make is so incredibly large. Your dna is very close to a banana. And according to your logic we were bananas at one time.

A little off topic.. One thing you need to understand about (true) Christians. We are commanded not to lie. And on that note here is a Nice snippet about mutation

Identifying information-increasing mutations may be a small part of the whole evolutionary discussion, but it is a critical ‘weak link’ in the logical chain. PBS, Scientific American, and every other pro-evolution propaganda machine have failed to identify any evidence that might strengthen this straw link.
Creation.com

I asked you a simple yes or no question you were apparently afraid to answer. Evolution is easily provable to a Christian willing to answer questions honestly, which you obviously fear to do because you realize this yourself.

But since the mods don't want this to devolve into evolution vs creation, it seems, I will leave it at that . When you work up the courage to actually answer questions put to you, as I would be perfectly willing to do myself to yours, let me know. But I don't expect such because you fear having to think about things and giving direct answers .

Old 05-04-2018, 10:58 AM

46,816 posts, read 25,738,739 times
Quote:
What else could it mean? One does not stop being Christian in a public space anymore than an atheist does.
Excellent. So what you're complaining about is that you can't make permanent displays of your religious imagery in spaces that I pay for. Sorry, but that's not how it works. And don't give two hoots that your god tells you it's your duty - that's something you and him will have to work out.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:18 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,426,140 times
Default Interesting web site---

A former atheist's web site. Interesting site to engage with others. I think this is more about religion and nonbelief than evolution. If not, then the mods can delete.

https://sixdayscience.com/about-us/faqs/faqa/

"Keep in mind that if you’re an obvious time-waster, I’m most likely going to ignore you, mute you, or feature you as a “Don’t Be This Guy” to my followers."

I’ll know you’re an obvious time-waster if you use Atheist Bingo phrases, such as:
“sky daddy”
“sky fairy”
“imaginary friend”
“invisible friend”
“your god”
anything that smacks of scientism
etc.

"If this is how you communicate with Christians, odds are you’re not interested in a sincere exchange of ideas. I simply don’t have the time or patience to engage with people who are not serious."

Last edited by janelle144; 05-06-2018 at 02:34 AM..

Old 05-06-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Excellent. So what you're complaining about is that you can't make permanent displays of your religious imagery in spaces that I pay for. Sorry, but that's not how it works. And don't give two hoots that your god tells you it's your duty - that's something you and him will have to work out.
Here's a news flash, Christians pay for them as well. You don't get to own the whole space for yourself anywhere that's public.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Post 350.

what happened?
I don't know why he is saying just the Christian right, it's in all facets of our society. The devil hates humans and knows the best way to destroy it is to turn the sexes against each other. How else to get the birth rate down so other humans won't be born?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity