Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 09:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

• Homosexual acts were prevalent in Sodom and Gomorrah.
  • God destroyed those cities with fire and brimstone.
  • Many centuries later, God made clear that homosexual acts were an abomination.
  • God stipulated that those who commit these types of abominations will be cast out of their land because they defiled it. In keeping with His view on these matters, God not only expelled but destroyed the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone. This is to be an example for those in the future of the consequences of these types of perversions.
Just for being homosexuals, right?....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 09:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

Why does God must destroy Sodom? This is the topic of discussion.

Facts:
  • Homosexual acts were prevalent in Sodom and Gomorrah.
  • God destroyed those cities with fire and brimstone.
  • Many centuries later, God made clear that homosexual acts were an abomination.
  • God stipulated that those who commit these types of abominations will be cast out of their land because they defiled it. In keeping with His view on these matters, God not only expelled but destroyed the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah with fire and brimstone. This is to be an example for those in the future of the consequences of these types of perversions.
OK, so why is God not destroying any cities in modern times over this? If he wanted us to get that homosexuality was an abomination, clearly we DID NOT get that message yet. Seems like he would have done something dramatic on the day homosexual marriage was made legal at the federal level...?

Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
OK, so why is God not destroying any cities in modern times over this? If he wanted us to get that homosexuality was an abomination, clearly we DID NOT get that message yet. Seems like he would have done something dramatic on the day homosexual marriage was made legal at the federal level...?
Yeah, it's kind of weird how "God" couldn't help itself from messing around with humans, sending calamities and ordering baby-bashing and raping and stoning and whatnot -- and then, just suddenly stopping a few thousand years ago.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yeah, it's kind of weird how "God" couldn't help itself from messing around with humans, sending calamities and ordering baby-bashing and raping and stoning and whatnot -- and then, just suddenly stopping a few thousand years ago.

Unfortunately there are some who believe there is a God up in the sky still doing this.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
When someone gets my position wrong I don't think of it as a false witness. Have you never misunderstood someone or just plain had bad information? What if you are misunderstanding the Bible and "bearing false witness" against God? Maybe that's one of those things you should forgive? You know, just on the off chance you are doing the same thing to someone else and don't realize it.
It is not abut misunderstanding, it is about people deliberately and repeatedly making false claims about other people (not the bible). Corrections have been made on numerous occasions, and they always come back to repeat the false claims. Nasty/dishonest = false witness.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not abut misunderstanding, it is about people deliberately and repeatedly making false claims about other people. Corrections have been made on numerous occasions, and they always come back to repeat the false claims. Nasty.
The amount of posters that say this about you is alarming.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:15 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
It is not abut misunderstanding, it is about people deliberately and repeatedly making false claims about other people. Corrections have been made on numerous occasions, and they always come back to repeat the false claims. Nasty.
I don't know how you'd know that but let's assume it's true.

Matt 18

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times! 23Because of this, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.…

Old 04-29-2018, 10:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't know how you'd know that but let's assume it's true.
If someone says something about you which is not true, then you know it is not true. No need to assume.

Forgiving us good, but it is also good to point out the fact that the claims are not true.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
If someone says something about you which is not true, then you know it is not true. No need to assume.
I'm talking about you assuming intent. You thought I was angry toward you when I was interacting with you and eating a bowl of frozen cherries in my PJs. So you where wrong in that case. I'm not saying that means you are wrong a lot or anything but it's always something to consider. Even if it is intentional that scripture should cover it.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Forgiving us good, but it is also good to point out the fact that the claims are not true.
whadda ya mean "it's good"? It's the law!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity