Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 03:09 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I watched the first 25 minutes. Both Guyenot and the interviewer are conspiracy theorists claiming that Israel is behind 9/11 and the twin-towers attack.

First of all, this has nothing to do with the Christianity forum and can't be discussed on this forum.

Secondly, whether it's true or not, it doesn't justify antisemitism.

Thirdly, it has nothing to do with whether Yahweh is God.
So you watched the first 25 minutes and the last 25 minutes, and missed out the 40 minutes in-between. Is that about it.

It is an arguable point, but conspiracy theorist is agreed to be a derogatory (and accusatory) term, that seeks to deride those who make unwarranted speculations and assumptions about a particular narrative, usually the official narrative. ...please consider that you're making this accusation against two PhD's here(*), so you need to be really sure that they don't know what they're talking about, or you do. Me, I just want to inch closer to the truth, and it feels like there is some in this, for the moment.

(*) Kevin Barrett, the interviewer, was about to embark on a university lecturing career, but investigated 9/11 and began lecturing on it, and lost his job.

It has everything to do with the Christianity forum, because of the possible blinkers on those who believe the OT is the inerrant word of God, or the carnal minded unbelief of those who just can't accept that concept, for all the associated reasons.

On your second point. I've suggested that you consider the wider and deeper issues behind Zionism at play on the world geo-political stage, and you've come back with a standalone strawman statement - whether it's the truth or not, it doesn't justify anti-Semitism. I'm ok with you judging Guyenot as anti-Semitic - if that's what you feel he is and need to do, but what you haven't done is form a view on whether Zionism is plaguing the world with many if not most of its geopolitical problems. And the link back, is then, could that be due to the perceptions the Jews/Israel have formed because of their tribal beliefs, associated with a god called Yahweh. I.e. their carnal, materialistic / satanic, conquer all views. And has any of that blindness rubbed off on the Christians who still keep peddling Yahweh is Father.

Which makes your third point moot, as I've already tried to suggest with the weighing and testing of the spirits principle - I have to assume you do not understand that principle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Now I hope you can make the greater leap and realize that there is no God and that YHWH was one of many tribal gods who eventually through military power and politics, and religious control took the top spot in the ANE milieu of polytheism and its subsequent transformations into a strict monotheistic cult.

But that might be a long way coming when apologist like Heiser try to keep the embers of Christian theism from burning out on a scholarly level. Of course the masses will never give it up but hopefully you will have the courage to realize reality and embrace these other facts.

There is true freedom in it!
intresting post, but I must disagree. I'm in reverse of your statement of there is no God, many tribal gods.

I believe the bible of ONE "TRUE" GOD and no "gods". Acts 19:26 "Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands".

men make up gods. not God.

PCY.

PS you can believe what you want, that's your choice. be well.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:17 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
intresting post, but I must disagree. I'm in reverse of your statement of there is no God, many tribal gods.

I believe the bible of ONE "TRUE" GOD and no "gods". Acts 19:26 "Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands".

men make up gods. not God.

PCY.

PS you can believe what you want, that's your choice. be well.
I just go one further - men make up all gods including ones with capital 'G'.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I just go one further - men make up all gods including ones with capital 'G'.
I'll take it one futher, Can you prove who made up God.

PCY

Old 04-24-2018, 03:35 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:

PCY
No! And I would not claim I could! It's a social/historical/cultural process with its roots in many prior beliefs of groups of people. It is silly to try to actually name a historical figure - it does not really work like that.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
No! And I would not claim I could! It's a social/historical/cultural process with its roots in many prior beliefs of groups of people. It is silly to try to actually name a historical figure - it does not really work like that.
I see, so is FAITH out the door too?

PCY

Old 04-24-2018, 03:41 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I see, so is FAITH out the door too?

PCY
No, it is a conclusion based upon historical and textual evidence.

Faith is: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:42 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,236 times
Quote:

PCY
'All in all' is the best description for God the Father.

It will be interesting to see if the contextual evidence for Yahweh fits this description.

Old 04-24-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
No, it is a conclusion based upon historical and textual evidence.
do you really believe that? sound like the bible, "historical and textual evidence".

So where do FAITH come from for it to be written about historically. when was it started, for we use it everyday right.

and the bible says Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

PCY

Old 04-24-2018, 03:50 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
do you really believe that? sound like the bible, "historical and textual evidence".

So where do FAITH come from for it to be written about historically. when was it started, for we use it everyday right.

and the bible says Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

PCY
The bible texts are certainly PART of it. Faith is a mechanism of belief - its origins can't be pinned down to a certain people but is nonetheless part of our human history. And Heb.11:6 is one mans opinion/faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity