Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Nor do I!

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Please note

many= polus and is equal on both sides of the equation.

Polus made sinners.....polus made righteous.
If you're arguing for Universalism, save your breath. I've heard it all before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 06:06 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I don't believe in annihilation. I believe the Bible teaches eternal separation from God in a place called both the lake of fire but also the outer darkness. God has prepared a place, whatever the precise nature of that place for those who will spend the unending future in separation from God.
Evidently then, our God is not the ta panta.

From Him ta panta comes, through Him ta panta exists and in Him ta panta ends...

Ta panta= the all

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists and in Him the all ends."

Old 05-02-2018, 06:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Well, at least you believe something. Since 'lake of fire' and 'outer darkness' are terms used of the same place and are somewhat incompatible with each other if taken literally, that would suggest that the fire is not literal. Then again, the fire imagery used by the New Testament writers comes straight out of 1 Enoch which is second temple period Jewish literature.
Which, I guess, is interesting to bible fans.

I am not one. I seek truth.

The bible contains some truths. But it is rife with wrong things.

Sadly, many believers are incapable of discerning which are which.*

*Despite quoting and replying to your post, I do not count you among them.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:39 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Evidently then, our God is not the ta panta.

From Him ta panta comes, through Him ta panta exists and in Him ta panta ends...

Ta panta= the all

"From Him the all comes, through Him the all exists and in Him the all ends."
God being all in all (1 Corinthians 15:28) doesn't mean what you think it means. It means that by the end of the Millennial kingdom all things will be in subjection to God. All will have acknowledged that Christ is Lord. That includes both those who will spend the eternal future with God and those who will be eternally separated from God. Jesus is Lord and ruler over all of creation, including His defeated enemies. That does not mean that all are saved.

At the end of the Millennial kingdom, all principalities and powers and authorities and rulers will be ultimately defeated and Satan and his angels, and those in the human race who have chosen against God will be finally and permanently sentenced to the lake of fire.

But these arguments go nowhere. People continue to be divided on whether the Bible teaches Universalism, Annihilation, or Eternal Punishment. And ultimately all it leads to on this forum is name calling and insults.

I believe the Bible teaches eternal separation for those who do not accept God's offer of salvation. And I will leave it at that. Make your argument with someone else.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
God being all in all (1 Corinthians 15:28) doesn't mean what you think it means. It means that by the end of the Millennial kingdom all things will be in subjection to God. All will have acknowledged that Christ is Lord. That includes both those who will spend the eternal future with God and those who will be eternally separated from God. Jesus is Lord and ruler over all of creation, including His defeated enemies. That does not mean that all are saved.
Robertson Word Pictures Of The New Testament -A. T. Robertson

Philippians 2:10

That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow (ina en twi onomati Ihsou pan gonu kampshi).

First aorist active subjunctive of kamptw, old verb, to bend, to bow, in purpose clause with ina.

Not perfunctory genuflections whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned, but universal acknowledgment of the majesty and power of Jesus who carries his human name and nature to heaven. This universal homage to Jesus is seen in Romans 8:22; Ephesians 1:20-22 and in particular Revelation 5:13.

Under the earth (kataxtoniwn).

Homeric adjective for departed souls, subterranean, simply the dead. Here only in the N.T.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have noticed that more (and more) fundamentalists are using the term "separation" in lieu of damnation.
But it's almost as if they do not want to fully relinquish the idea that you will be punished for all eternity.

And it comes across as, "you are wrong about what I believe" yet they are not being totally honest about it.
Quote:
The essence of eternal punishment is separation from God in some sense as noted by the apostle Paul when he wrote in 2 Thessalonians 1:9 of those who will pay the penalty of eternal destruction away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power.

That's separation, and it's Biblical and not at all dishonest.
Separation from God exists only in the minds of men, and there is nothing everlasting or eternal about it.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 PM

Rev. 5:13

Every created thing (pan ktisma). Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels (from ktizw, for which see 1 Timothy 4:4 ; James 1:18 ), from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth as in verse James 3 , with on the sea epi th qalassh added).

No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (ktisi) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption.

If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off. Saying (legonta). Masculine (construction according to sense, personifying the created things) if genuine, though some MSS. have legonta (grammatical gender agreeing with panta) present active participle of legw, to say. And to the Lamb (kai twi arniwi). Dative case. Praise and worship are rendered to the Lamb precisely as to God on the throne. Note separate articles here in the doxology as in Romans 4:11 and the addition of to krato (active power) in place of iscu (reserve of strength) in Romans 5:12 . -A.T Robertson-

Old 05-02-2018, 07:15 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Wait! Behold!

On the second day of the fifth in the year of YHWH's last age I, Shiloh, asked YHWH how this controversy can be explained after many hours of fasting and yoga. While I was on the hill top called Downward Dog he revealed to me a mystery that must first be proclaimed on CD. He said the time has come to put my people to rest and know that I am the-one-who-reveals-at-the-hill. And so I called his name TO-WRATH.

Thus said TO-WRATH,

It is neither eternal nor annihilation!

I will, at the end of days, have the BBQ feast that will be the envy of all BBQs. There shall be two main courses - pulled human and roasted gods - I am TO-WRATH for my wrath has come.

This feast, the feast of unworthy flesh, shall be a memorial to me and my culinary genius for 1000 years. 500 years shall I cook the flesh and 500 years shall we feast on the flesh. You shall enjoy the aroma of the flesh for 500 years and you shall taste the flesh for 500 years.

And thou will know that I am the GOD of BBQs and no BBQ shall be ever be spoken of except the BBQ of TO-WRATH. Thus said TO-WRATH in his anger he shall BBQ the unworthy flesh. And in his anger he shall punish and then annihilate the unworthy flesh. Praise be TO-WRATH.

And thus it is somewhere in between. Hell is TO-WRATH's Spiritual BBQ, he plans to to slow cook the unworthy flesh like brisket and consume thy flesh like one who has not eaten in a 1000 years.

Thus TO-WRATH has spoken and thus his people would be wise to heed his words.

Thus be gone and let thy salivation of unworthy flesh begin and guide your steps and may the hope of such a BBQ keep you from stumbling. For if thou stumble thou shall surely be BBQ-ed.

Shiloh 1:1-10

Old 05-02-2018, 07:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Wait! Behold!

On the second day of the fifth in the year of YHWH's last age I, Shiloh, asked YHWH how this controversy can be explained after many hours of fasting and yoga. While I was on the hill top called Downward Dog he revealed to me a mystery that must first be proclaimed on CD. He said the time has come to put my people to rest and know that I am the-one-who-reveals-at-the-hill. And so I called his name TO-WRATH.

Thus said TO-WRATH,

It is neither eternal nor annihilation!

I will, at the end of days, have the BBQ feast that will be the envy of all BBQs. There shall be two main courses - pulled human and roasted gods - I am TO-WRATH for my wrath has come.

This feast, the feast of unworthy flesh, shall be a memorial to me and my culinary genius for 1000 years. 500 years shall I cook the flesh and 500 years shall we feast on the flesh. You shall enjoy the aroma of the flesh for 500 years and you shall taste the flesh for 500 years.

And thou will know that I am the GOD of BBQs and no BBQ shall be ever be spoken of except the BBQ of TO-WRATH. Thus said TO-WRATH in his anger he shall BBQ the unworthy flesh. And in his anger he shall punish and then annihilate the unworthy flesh. Praise be TO-WRATH.

And thus it is somewhere in between. Hell is TO-WRATH's Spiritual BBQ, he plans to to slow cook the unworthy flesh like brisket and consume thy flesh like one who has not eaten in a 1000 years.

Thus TO-WRATH has spoken and thus his people would be wise to heed his words.

Thus be gone and let thy salivation of unworthy flesh begin and guide your steps and may the hope of such a BBQ keep you from stumbling. For if thou stumble thou shall surely be BBQ-ed.

Shiloh 1:1-10
I want mine on a split Calabrese bun with garlic mayo on one side and a nose-wrinkling deli mustard on the other with some melted smoked Havarti nestled betwixt meat and bun.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:22 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I want mine on a split Calabrese bun with garlic mayo on one side and a nose-wrinkling deli mustard on the other with some melted smoked Havarti nestled betwixt meat and bun.
And you shall have it if you are worthy of TO-WRATH's BBQ. You shall delight in the goodness of all that is BBQy even to the utmost deliciousness of thy condiments and goodies that you betwixt your buns with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity