Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 01:34 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
One more time
#1. Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

the TERM "Giants" became "Mighty Men" how hard is that to understand. see, the term "Giants" here is H5303 נְפִיל nphiyl (nef-eel') n-m. which means nephilim
נְפִל nphil (nef-eel')
(properly) a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant.
[from H5307]
KJV: giant.

and this same word is used in Numbers 13:33 "And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight".

here the term "Giants"/nephilim is associated with the sons of Anak which can be trace back to HAM. a son of Noah.
Exactly, nephilim is not used of godly men here nor in Genesis.

Quote:
Now the term "Sons of God" is the title given to sin free HUMANS. one of the best known is ADAM and Eve themselves. the man Adam is called the Son of God.

and this Man and this Woman had children in the Garden before they fell in sin. but the children they had in the GARDEN was sin free, hence the title "Sons of God".

Now that explains the Sons of God before the flood, and their children after the flood. ALL HUMAN.
No it does not! I already explained and showed you why. Just keep ignoring all the facts!

Nowhere in Genesis is the phrase sons of God given to humans - you made that up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 01:40 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Exactly, nephilim is not used of godly men here nor in Genesis.

No it does not! I already explained and showed you why. Just keep ignoring all the facts!

Nowhere in Genesis is the phrase sons of God given to humans - you made that up
The age and genealogy of Christ from Joseph upwards. Luke 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

now to this, Luke 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Adam was called the Son of God.

Now I ask you was Adam in the Garden? ....

yes he was...

Old 05-11-2018, 01:48 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
The age and genealogy of Christ from Joseph upwards. Luke 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

now to this, Luke 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

yes he was...
We are not talking about Luke and I already showed you Genesis 5:1-3 where it said he was created in the image of God but Seth was created in the likeness of fallen Adam. Duh. Luke is irrelevant.

I also already answered that question - only if you would pay attention. You think because he was in the garden that means something - you are pulling inferences out of your arse and ignoring all the facts I gave you.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
We are not talking about Luke and I already showed you Genesis 5:1-3 where it said he was created in the image of God but Seth was created in the likeness of fallen Adam. Duh. Luke is irrelevant.

I also already answered that question - only if you would pay attention. You think because he was in the garden that means something - you are pulling inferences out of your arse and ignoring all the facts I gave you.
Look if you can't understand, that's ok. this is not for you. leave it alone.

I have explain this to you from the scripture by the scripture. some concepts you cannot grasp as "sons of God". so I will not get in a back and forth for NOTHING.

I have given concrete evidence by scripture, I'll let the word of God stand.

Good day.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:59 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Look if you can't understand, that's ok. this is not for you. leave it alone.

I have explain this to you from the scripture by the scripture. some concepts you cannot grasp as "sons of God". so I will not get in a back and forth for NOTHING.

I have given concrete evidence by scripture, I'll let the word of God stand.

Good day.
Bro, give it up! You are making crap up - nothing in the texts are saying what you are inferring. And you have done nothing to prove that the nephilim in Gen.6 or anywhere are godly humans nor the sons of God. I have given you dozens of passages and explanations to the contrary and you ignore them.

Go hide in your delusions! I don't have time for people who hate facts.

Give me one text, other than Gen.6 since that is the text you are trying to prove, in the Tanak, that uses the term sons of God to refer to humans. You can't and your insistence that this is Adams line through Seth because he was in the garden and thus sinless is BS made up crap to avoid the obvious. I know you don't have anything so you are just going to repeat the same ole nonsense and say you don't understand.

Later!

Old 05-11-2018, 02:00 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:

yes he was...
only because Adam was created by God perfect... we are not the sons of god until we are first perfected by God's creation of a new creature..

Rom 8:18

¶
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:19

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;

Rom 8:21

because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22

For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

Rom 8:23

Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

so MEN are not the sons of God .
the son of God is glorified men made perfect by the Father ..
may I suggest that there is a major difference between you and Sons of God..
I suggest that creation can proclaim and can tell that difference between man and the sons of God! Gamaliel incredible records of what Jesus could do with the wild animals proves the differences. Creation would respond to the perfection with a lack of fear.. so maybe fear ( and not respect ) was part of the fall..
and creation has not been delivered of it's groaning either, so man is not the Sons of God yet. but that doesn't mean there are not sons of God back then.
what we will be in the fullness is not revealed yet.. but it will be.
it wasn't rich men or any kind of fallen man... mating with women that created such hero's .. But the Sons of God who it seems did not value their inheritance/ gifts/positions.. and were unwilling to wait for their time to marry perfected daughters of God.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-11-2018 at 02:13 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
only because Adam was created by God perfect... we are not the sons of god until we are first perfected by God's creation of a new creature..

Rom 8:18

¶
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:19

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.

Rom 8:20

For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope;

Rom 8:21

because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Rom 8:22

For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.

Rom 8:23

Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.

so MEN are not the sons of God .
the son of God are glorified men made perfect by the Father ..
may I suggest that there is a major difference between you and Sons of God..
I suggest that creation can proclaim and can tell that difference between man and the sons of God !
and creation has not been delivered of it's groaning either, so man is not the Sons of God yet.
what we will be is not revealed yet.. but it will be.
it wasn't rich men or any kind of fallen man... mating with women.. But the Sons of God who who did not value their inheritance.. and unwilling to wait for their time to marry perfect daughters of God..
Thanks for the reply, but consider this. Adam fell and so all who came after the fall must be born again ..... correct.

but what if Adam had offspring before his Fall, would not they be alive to God, hence sons of God?

Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, but consider this. Adam fell and so all who came after the fall must be born again ..... correct.

but what if Adam had offspring before his Fall, would not they be alive to God, hence sons of God?
I don't think you proved those children who are not in any of Adams his descendant's genealoies of Adam that exsisted.. plus it is not the story Jesus told me..
if what you claim is tue how unfair of God... that God wiped out all those perfect unfallen and innocent children of Adam? every last one of them he killed at the floood. because there is no trace of them anywhere that is in anyway a valid record.

to me this issues isn't about salvation and I won't judge anyone for having many other veiws on these very extreme situations that have so very little info..
as long as we can all agree there is no proof of " bad blood" this side of the flood.. so we do not in anyway back up people who might want to go on a killing spree looking to get rid of "demon spawn" ... ok..
because the Nephilim were probably really too Perfect genes not "fallen" as is demonic ones.
as long as you are with me on the fact that it is
"sons of God "and not demon genes.. I am ecstatic!
so believe what you want as long as those genes are perfect genes and not from fallen demonic Angels genes.. because men is madkind and can get more than just nuts about everything they don't understand and they really don't understand much..... so let's not feed the madkind.... ok?

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-11-2018 at 03:36 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 03:29 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I can live out my life quite merrily not knowing what Nephilim are.
I never gave it much thought, until I was researching a genetic recessive trait that I have. I was trying to search a Phenotypical origin & was instead blasted with page after page of stuff about being descended from the Nephilim.

The funny thing is; they are likely not wrong, as my DNA analysis supports. What they are wrong about; is who the Nephilim were & I'm pretty sure that the Nephilim were all human.

Firstly; no matter who translated what from where & how:

In the bible, there are many "sons of God" as well as "sons of man". There is, however, only one "Son of God". And he is also the only "Son of man". Everything following is speculation:

I'm confident that the Nephilim were tall in stature, especially compared to the Israelites. Although it seems more geographically likely that these were Nilotic peoples (Nile Valley, African Great Lakes, and southwestern Ethiopia), they could have been northern also.

If the sons of God had been mixing with Northen or Nilotic people it would initially seem "evil", due to a hemolytic occurrence that would kill every child born to a daughter of man ... with the exception of the firstborn.

Which would explain why the "killing of the firstborn" was such a "thing" back then; it meant literally wiping your gene pool off the face of the earth. That would be the best way to ensure dominance over tribes & nations.

However, after several generations of this, that "mixed" race would become hardier & better suited to out-breeding. Susceptibilities would be diluted. Except there was one group specifically mentioned in the bible that initially bore children to Hebrew men & then was killed or driven off & did not mix with other populations & that would be the Nephilim, or by that time; Nephilium-Hebrews.

There is a timeline coincidence of diaspora at this time: Linguistically speaking, the Ashkenazi Jews; the "sons of Gomer" may have been driven north, as Gomer turned into Gormanian resulting in Germanian.

The Phenotypic origin I had started searching for was "Tall with Rh-negative blood type". Worldwide incidence of Rh negative is 15%, mostly Nordic populations. Asia & Subsaharan only 4% & Mediterranean around 9%.

Only 3 populations are known to have incidence over 19% & those are the Ashkenazi, Basque & Ethiopians. The tallest peoples are the Nordics & the Ethiopians.

So, whatever. My goal was to make it through the whole post without quoting scripture, so there's that. It was kind of fun researching it!

Old 05-11-2018, 03:43 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Why would they NOT be associated with the "men of reknown"?
Didn't Moses do a good enough job of spelling it out?

Personally I think it's all crystal clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity