Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 05:17 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The truth is we can't be dogmatic as to what they were. "Giant" may be a metaphor like we say he is a giant of industry.
So someone screwed up gods inspired bible? You’d think the creator of the eagle nebula could put some words together that aren’t contradictory.

What a poor example of an omnigod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 05:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Unsupported claims and mere assertions are meaningless. You offer nothing but personal opinion. The Scriptures present Satan and the other angels as real, personal entities.
But in what way does the Tanakh portray Satan?...

Old 05-21-2018, 05:23 AM

Oh, will you look at this, there is a Hebrew word for ‘giants’ and it is not ‘nephilim’:

giants: Heb. רְפָאִים, the giants lying there.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:24 AM

the morning star: This is Venus, which gives light as the morning star, הֵילֵל being derived from יהל, to shed light. This is the lamentation over the heavenly prince of Babylon, who will fall from heaven.

You have been cut down to earth: You, Nebuchadnezzar, who would cast lots on nations. You would cast lots on them, on the kings, who of them would serve you on such and such a day, and who on such and such a day. Our Rabbis, however, expounded this to mean that he would cast lots on the kings for purposes of pederasty. - https://www.chabad.org/library/bible...showrashi=true

Old 05-21-2018, 05:26 AM

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds: I am not fit to dwell with mortals. I will make myself a small cloud in the air and I will dwell there. Jonathan renders: I will ascend over all nations. - https://www.chabad.org/library/bible...showrashi=true

Old 05-21-2018, 08:24 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
well the Jews are wrong and liars.... especially who about satan is. the reason is simple..
read this story about Job again, then read it again.
does it in anyway sound reasonable that God would have to warn just an accuser of men .. to not kill JOB?
12 “All right,” the Lord said to Satan, “everything he has is in your power, but you must not hurt Job himself.” So Satan left.

does this sound like a warning God needed to give to an angel in his control?
really guys? then this so called angels of God's hand kills Jobs family? ..
are you stinkin crazy? This devil is trying to get JOB to Curse God to his face. by stealing and murdering all that he has....
which only prove Jesus own words was telling the truth ...of who the sons of God are and who are the children of hell itself.
37I know you are Abraham’s descendants, but you are trying to kill Me because My word has no place within you. 38 I speak of what I have seen in the presence of the Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”
39“Abraham is our father,” they replied.

“If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham. 40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. 41You are doing the works of your father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they declared. “Our only Father is God Himself.”

42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me.

43Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!

46Which of you can prove Me guilty of sin? If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

ARE the Jews here to try and prove Satan is an angel of God to get you to sympathize with Satan? or to call Jesus a liar? looks like it is working for lots of you to not believe Jesus own words. Jessu words not cloaked in parables but strait to the point, proven by the scriptures.. even in the story if JOb itself .. .

46Which of you can prove Me guilty of sin? If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

please don't do it. they and Satan lie to you about who Satan is. Jesus words are true and the fruit of hell obvious.
Satan was a liar and a murder and an accuser of God 's children from the very start.
and angel of God would not have needed to be warned to NOT kill JOb, to not even lay his land on him.. .. nor would that angels have killed Jobs children for being righteous really? because as it states here "Job 1:10

Hast not thou made an hedge about him"
It seems even Satan Knew that my God protects what he loves with a hedge and his angels would have known that and never would have considered to take his life or harm him in any way. men and the hell between theirs ears know no such God.
Satan was hater of God and a hater and accuser of God's children from the start. a murder , a thief of all things true and all your stuff too , just as Jesus claimed .. and then a liar about all of he is and all he did even.

and later in the book Satan is seeking to take Jobs life and God will not allow it!!!
Job 2:3

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Job 2:4

And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

Job 2:5

But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.

Job 2:6

And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

Job 2:7

So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

But GOd knew a secret.. that Jesus reveals ....that all we lose in this life is paid 100 times in the next.. Job and his family ( and of nations) get pretty much the whole gentile world in the next life .
“Truly I tell you, in the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for the sake of My name will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.…

Satan was a liar and murder from the start.

yes God has killed men with his angel's armies, But it was not for being fat lazy or good and or righteous either !
God never had a need to do that , No But that is Satan and his sons of hell who will do it that way .. it is their fruits of that tree.. .. and they would also like you to believe God does things that way.

OH but He as Lord promises HE can take such awful things and turn them for his children / our good.. yes He excepted the challenge as to prove JOb's Heart and thus also was willing to Bless Job 100 time in this life and the next for all he lost. as a promise to us also .. as proof as to what Satan kingdom might cost us in this life..
why to prove it? maybe to record and prove who Satan really is !!!! because that truth and that record will save how many people ?? .. and to show the fruits of Satan's children and Satan's kingdom! and those children and that kingdom who will have blood on their hands and your stuff in their hands , and then no doubts try lie to you about all of it. and so that you also know beyond any doubts there is rewards on the other side of such a cost.
it is not just one nationality of liars or right/uous .. we are, for now, all people, all nations are a mixed bag of both kingdoms! but that will end also.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-21-2018 at 09:20 AM..

Old 05-21-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
well the Jews are wrong and liars.... especially who about satan is. the reason is simple..
read this story about Job again, then read it again.
does it in anyway sound reasonable that God would have to warn just an accuser of men .. to not kill JOB?
12 “All right,” the Lord said to Satan, “everything he has is in your power, but you must not hurt Job himself.” So Satan left.

does this sound like a warning God needed to give to an angel in his control?
really guys? then this so called angels of God's hand kills Jobs family? ..
are you stinkin crazy? This devil is trying to get JOB to Curse God to his face. by stealing and murdering all that he has....
which only prove Jesus own words was telling the truth ...of who the sons of God are and who are the children of hell itself.
37I know you are Abraham’s descendants, but you are trying to kill Me because My word has no place within you. 38 I speak of what I have seen in the presence of the Father, and you do what you have heard from your father.”
39“Abraham is our father,” they replied.

“If you were children of Abraham,” said Jesus, “you would do the works of Abraham. 40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. 41You are doing the works of your father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they declared. “Our only Father is God Himself.”

42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on My own, but He sent Me.

43Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you are unable to accept My message. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me!

ARE the Jews here to try and prove Satan is an angel of God to get you to sympathize with Satan? or to call Jesus a liar? looks like it is working for lots of you to not believe Jesus own words. Jessu words not cloaked in parables but strait to the point, proven by the scriptures.. even in the story if JOb itself .. .

please don't do it. they and Satan lie to you about who Satan is. Jesus words are true and the fruit of hell obvious.
Satan was a liar and a murder and an accuser of God 's children from the very start.
and angel of God would not have needed to be warned to NOT kill JOb, to not even lay his land on him.. .. nor would that angels have killed Jobs children for being righteous really? because as it states here "Job 1:10

Hast not thou made an hedge about him"
It seems even Satan Knew that my God protects what he loves with a hedge and his angels would have known that and never would have considered to take his life or harm him in any way. men and the hell between theirs ears know no such God.
Satan was hater of God and a hater and accuser of God's children from the start. a murder , a thief of all things true and all your stuff too , just as Jesus claimed .. and then a liar about all of he is and all he did even.

and later in the book Satan is seeking to take Jobs life and God will not allow it!!!
Job 2:3

And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

Job 2:4

And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

Job 2:5

But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.

Job 2:6

And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

Job 2:7

So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.

But GOd knew a secret.. that Jesus reveals ....that all we lose in this life is paid 100 times in the next.. Job and his family ( and of nations) get pretty much the whole gentile world in the next life .
“Truly I tell you, in the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for the sake of My name will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first.…

Satan was a liar and murder from the start.

yes God has killed men with his angel's armies, But it was not for being fat lazy or good and or righteous either !
God never had a need to do that , No But that is Satan and his sons of hell who will do it that way .. it is their fruits of that tree.. .. and they would also like you to believe God does things that way.

OH but He as Lord promises HE can take such awful things and turn them for his children / our good.. yes He excepted the challenge as to prove JOb's Heart and thus also was willing to Bless Job 100 time in this life and the next for all he lost. as a promise to us also .. as proof as to what Satan kingdom might cost us in this life..
why to prove it? maybe to record and prove who Satan really is !!!! because that truth and that record will save how many people ?? .. and to show the fruits of Satan's children and Satan's kingdom! and those children and that kingdom who will have blood on their hands and your stuff in their hands , and then no doubts try lie to you about all of it. and so that you also know beyond any doubts there is rewards on the other side of such a cost.
it is not just one nationality of liars or right/uous .. we are, for now, all people, all nations are a mixed bag of both kingdoms! but that will end also.
You just don’t understand...Nowhere in the Tanakh is Satan portrayed as an evil god...

Old 05-21-2018, 10:49 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
I will let people read it for themselves!
I did not misquote it or him!
only to the willfully blind is it veiled.
there is no plainer speech given by the Lord than that one.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-21-2018 at 11:02 AM..

Old 05-21-2018, 11:14 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I will let people read it for themselves!
I did not misquote it or him!
only to the willfully blind is it veiled.
there is no plainer speech given by the Lord than that one.
Reading in English isn't the best for accuracy.

The Genesis story, specifically, is much older than Judaism, however.

It tells the tale of man's beginning and it has been told long before Genesis was written by Jewish scribes, by many people and in many different forms (from differing perspectives).

The Jewish account is one account, tailored to that tribe's specific worldview and political interests. The same exact essential story is told by others. Don' take the Jewish perspective as gospel.

However, their account is currently more cogent than most, because of its more recent age and its adoption by Christians (whose interests in the story differ) and its continuous perpetuation by Judaism, and thus it is informative if you know how to filter the information for potential bias. But, again, its hard to know what is the Jewish account and what is lost in translation without reading in Aramaic / Hebrew or a reliable translation from a Jewish source.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:30 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
100% fact--- Nephlim= offspring of fallen angels who came down appeared as mortals and had sex with women-- the offspring= Nephlim. giant-very violent. The whole world was totally wicked at that point except for 8 mortals( Noah and family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity