Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2018, 07:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Your question is false and misleading. First, it is not what I think and hope for. It is what the Scriptures tells us. I showed in Romans where you need to be a believer, Paul also wrote Timothy. He is not contradicting himself

Now Show me exactly where in the Bible that says God will save all , regardless of belief. Omission is not proof.
only one thing you are not considering: that change is possible after death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 08:18 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

Please note:

many= polus and is equal on both sides of the equation.

Polus made sinners.....polus made righteous.

BREAKING GOOD NEWS

Apostle Paul reports that the impact of death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ, 2,000 years ago shown to be more, not less, powerful than the disobedience of man He created 4,000 years prior (Romans 5:19)! Christians "horrified" and "offended" by this "heresy!" Furiously argue redemption of all mankind is an "insult to the cross of Christ"... -John Moneypenny-

We all want our fellow man to spend eternity in paradise. But we are not God. And we don’t make the rules. I don’t know who Moneypenny is and I don’t really care. As far as your whole argument hinging on one word is not valid. You need to take the whole book into context.

Personally, I think you are playing an extremely dangerous game with the Lord. You should take His Word seriously.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
We all want our fellow man to spend eternity in paradise. But we are not God. And we don’t make the rules. I don’t know who Moneypenny is and I don’t really care. As far as your whole argument hinging on one word is not valid. You need to take the whole book into context.

Personally, I think you are playing an extremely dangerous game with the Lord. You should take His Word seriously.
Really?

Why do I find that impossible to believe?

Old 05-08-2018, 09:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Now Show me exactly where in the Bible that says God will save all , regardless of belief. Omission is not proof.
1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subjects response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:46 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:

Another verse for you. It doesn't help you at this time, with the whole book context, but that isn't what's needed here.

Here it is: That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

This verse is inclusive of all. Whether people believe before death is immaterial, unless you want a 'better salvation', which is worth some labour and strife according to the text, and reality. The 'all' still get 'saved' - they just have more works burned in the fire - Father's purifying, refining fire.

The truth is that that God that the text speaks of is whom Jesus called Abba, which literally means Daddy.

As a Dad, I can't think of a scenario where I would want my children to think of me as we think of God, in the context of sin and salvation and the potential of "going to a never ending hell". That is all.coming from judgement, rooted in fear, and it doesn't have any hope for restoration.

I wouldn't do that to my own children. Even as an imperfect Dad, I hope I would always have hope for them.

There isn't any extremely dangerous game you can play with Father, because he isn't like that. Like the Father of the two sons, He is always looking to the horizon, ready to run towards us at the first sign.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:25 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
There are too many verses that rejects the idea of Universalism. Saying “Jesus” and “God” in a religion is not the same thing as putting your faith in Jesus. The Scriptures tell you about Jesus, Holy Spirit, and God. You either accept it or reject it. Universalism has rejected the Truth.

the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23*for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24*and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25*whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith.
The epistemological problem for 'faith' is that, as a seed, it is given by God. It cannot be generated by us.

'...and this not of yourself, it is a gift of God.'

And yet the bible text does refer to 'your faith', and so we think "oh, yes, it's my faith that causes me to believe".

No, no. It's not my faith - never was my faith - it is Christ in me.

And the fact of life on earth is that there are vast swathes of people who have no confession of faith - if you hold to the salvation narrative, it is the confession (with the mouth) of faith in Christ that saves a person.

But it is not the whole truth, which is that Christ has saved all - the body of Christ is a state of being, available to all, not an exclusive club you get in with a limited number of VIP passes. Paul always looking for the better resurrection - the righteousness of God - that was his ordained path. And those who are 'saved' without believing before death of the body - that is their ordained path.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-09-2018 at 02:06 AM..

Old 05-09-2018, 04:17 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
I see the non-UR believers are still crapping on the discussion. I guess it is impossible to expect people to respect the Original Poster's request.

Last edited by RainMusic; 05-09-2018 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: color

Old 05-09-2018, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Toto, I don’t think there any Christians here. Universalism, atheism, and new age, oh my! Universalism, atheism, new age, oh my!!!
I would believe you are from Kansas.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I was on that forum for a short time and found that the immaturity flowed both ways, it was never one sided as Mr. Jarber would have people believe. Although I do realize that he uses biased or misleading information to serve his purpose or agenda much like that of a politician.
CARM - a den of vipers in straight jackets.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It takes two to tango but I can see you have no respect for others.
Christian Universalism is banned from being discussed at CARM. So much for the 1st Amendment right. It must be a very threatening topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity