Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 07:28 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Exactly !!

And the Hindu person will counter with the same sentiments. According to his faith, he would not consider Jesus as God no matter how you try to convince him. He will consider you, lacking the basic knowledge of theology, just as you think he lacks basic theology.

So it comes back to my original post. We do NOT have a universal frame of reference where EVERYONE agrees as to what and who God is?

And since we don't have that frame of reference, we can't use any proof or evidence of God.
You can't define and agree on what something is, how can you prove it's existence?

You can prove the existence of Jesus, and the Hindu person will agree with it, but when you say, Jesus is God, then it goes down the hill from there.

But yes indeed, there is no problem when someone claims that Jesus is the God in Christian faith. There is no argument in that.
how would you know that the Hindu person will counter with the same sentiments?.

U said, "And since we don't have that frame of reference, we can't use any proof or evidence of God".

well get your Hindu person and you, and find where the breath of life was breathed into man, and that we have our movement and being in him.

we have it on record, Acts 17:25-29
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Faith without evidence is dead faith...So says the book of James...
Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Romans 4:1 "What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Romans 4:2 "For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Romans 4:3 "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:4 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 4:6 "Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Romans 4:7 "Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.Romans 4:8 "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 4:9 "Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen".

Romans 4:1 "What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?

Romans 4:2 "For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Romans 4:3 "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:4 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 4:6 "Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

Romans 4:7 "Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.Romans 4:8 "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Romans 4:9 "Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
And continued eternally.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:

Yea, I was being facetious there, Mr. Intellect...

Old 05-08-2018, 07:49 AM

Proof Jesus is GOD in Flesh.

Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

this is quoted from,
Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting". (KJV)

1 But thou, Beth-lehem Ephrathah, which art little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall one come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from ancient days.

The Governor: Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

WAIT, STOP, I though the Kingdom was the Lord Jesus Kingdom, as a matter of Fact an "EVERLASTING" Kingdom

Daniel 7:13 "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Daniel 7:14 "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

but is not the LORD all caps the King?........ (smile).

Psalms 10:16 "The LORD is King for ever and ever: the heathen are perished out of his land.

AS well as Governor?......

Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

and the LORD'S Kingdom is for EVER, and EVER?....

Psalms 145:13 "Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.

WAITE a minute, Do we have TWO Kings? do we have TWO Kingdoms? Do we have TWO Governor, with TWO "everlasting" Kingdoms? .... of course not. but what is the ANSWER? it's the SAME PERSON, let's see.

looking a little deeper at the Governor here it is the ruler or the one who rules here your bible .

He rules Not only in Government, but in Religion, the Spirit. here in the verse "Rule" is the Greek word, G4165 ποιμαίνω poimaino (poi-mai'-nō) v.
1. to tend as a shepherd of.
2. (by implication) to feed sheep.
3. (figuratively) to supervise, direct, and feed.
[from G4166]
KJV: feed (cattle), rule

so the Governor here is the Shepherd, and this verse in
Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel".

and out of

Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

THIS SHEPHERD IS NONE OTHER THAN THE "LORD" JESUS. yes "LORD" as in all caps

Psalms 22:28 "For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations".

Matthews 2 and the prophet Micah 5:2 said this Governor/Shepherd will come out of Bethlehem of Judea. supportive scripture, Hebrews 7:14 "For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood".

OUR Lord?, yes David, LORD... Psalms 23:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want".

and when David said in Ps 110:1 the LORD said unto my "Lord". the "my" is the LORD in flesh.. meaning the "Lord" is his Shepherd. supportive scripture, John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep".

The Lord Jesus said "I AM" STOP, I AM?...... (smile), yes, the Lord Jesus is the Great I AM Diversified.Shared in Flesh.

He is David, as well as your and MY Shepherd. he is our Governor. supportive scripture, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder". STOP, that child, that son, is the Governor of Matthews 2, the Government is upon, his, his, his, shoulders.

and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".

Many of you when your parents taught you the 23rd Psalms didn't really know what you was quoting, did you... (smile), me too, I didn't know. but now we all do.

Be Blessed.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:50 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Proof Jesus is God

There is no proof that he is God, or that he wanted a One World Religion.
What he wanted was for everyone to reach out to others through love.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Proof Jesus is God

There is no proof that he is God, or that he wanted a One World Religion.
What he wanted was for everyone to reach out to others through love.
What he want is not the topic, the topic is "Proof Jesus is God". now I don't know where your beliefs are at, but for me I believe the Bible, God written Word.

now based on this belief, I do believe the Lord Jesus is God in flesh.

now based on my belief, the bible this is how I make this declaration that he, Jesus is God.

now if you have another way to make a true test please put it forward.

now judging from your response, I believe you believe in God.... Hope I'm correct. if so,

then I ask you to take the Revelation 1:1 test. proof is always in the test.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:50 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Obviously, some here do not understand the word "proof."

Old 05-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:55 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Proof: evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.
And I have yet to see anything "proving" Jesus is a god-thing. Assertions in an old book written by long-dead, anonymous, primitive men is not "proof" of anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity