Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 AM

371 posts, read 287,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
They do not believe and know Jesus Christ is in them. If they did ,it would be Jesus said this instead of the bible says this.....In other words they are speaking from their source. They don't believe the promise of the scripture which is Christ in you, the promise is not a guaranteed place in heaven with the bearded one up in the skies. He is the way to the Father who inhabits all things.

Either you believe the bible is the truth, the Word of God or you do not. It reads Christ is in you, otherwise we would not know or understand those words.If the bible isn't your authority, then you will not believe what is in it.

You cannot separate his word from himself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 06:03 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The dishonest one is the one in your mirror.

But you're too chicken to open your eyes.
You should take some advise from Jesus---Take the plank out of your own eye before you try to take the splinter out of mine.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:05 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsWritten. View Post
Either you believe the bible is the truth, the Word of God or you do not. It reads Christ is in you, otherwise we would not know or understand those words.If the bible isn't your authority, then you will not believe what is in it.

You cannot separate his word from himself
Isn't the problem knowing which words are authentic? is the KJV more authentic than the Quoran? More valid than BOM? NWT?

Quote:
Yep, the tactic is God loves you, but you are sinful, deserving of being punished eternally in eternal fire, the only way of escape from the fear and consequences of it is believe in Jesus. Is that a fair description of the message(i refuse to call it good news) of bible fundamentalists?.
there is no such thing as a fundamentalist. Do a key word search at bible gateway.

Yes I think that is an accurate message

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What's the reason they are doing what it is you're accusing them of doing?
He is accusing us of what he is doing.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:07 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Personally, I am not out to destroy that which gives someone peace of mind, but the psychological depth of (extreme) fundamentalism is beyond anything that is good, right or reasonable. Especially, when the God of love is painted as a divine terrorist of those who merely do not believe. Talk about extreme paranoia?
I agree, and have pointed this out on the other side of the forum. In talking with some atheist I pointed out that many of them hold to the same extreme of fundamentalism that the christian and other religions do.
They have tried to tell me they are humanist, but to destroy the comfort millions have in a belief in God, to take away all hope just so people will believe as they do (that's fundamentalism, everyone must agree with me crap)is not a humanistic view it is a fundamental view.

What it boils down to is those who hold a extreme fundamental view and have fun pointing it out in others can't see that they also hold to an extreme fundamental view and are no better then those they make fun of.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
On this forum, yes. To the universalists, the Bible is nothing but writings of a bunch of ignorant savages (direct quote), and it teaches dangerous / harmful things.
how can you have a discussion if those who object to it keep coming in trolling?

I don't believe in other religions but I'd expect to be banned if I deliberately trolled their forum

Old 05-18-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
And fundamentalists threaten you will eternal torment because deep down they are being loving?.
And you deny what Jesus clearly taught. Are you smarter than He is?

It is a loving thing o tell others how to escape hell. It is an unloving thing to tell them hell does not exist.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Isn't the problem knowing which words are authentic? is the KJV more authentic than the Quoran? More valid than BOM? NWT?
Not really. All Bible translations have "enough truth" to get you saved if it is his will.

The Quoran wasn't written by over 40 authors spanning hundreds of years who all are peculiarlyin sync. The QUORAN is just a book.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
IRL, Bible fundamentalist are as rare as hen's teeth. Jesus is a liberal alternative...I've had a (non-practicing)fundamentalist tell me no man can hold to all the Laws of the O.T.
No one can hold to all of the laws so the OT or the NT. That is why God provided a Savior to pay for our sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity