Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 02:56 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hades and abes bosom are illustration of two destinations.

Those two destinations are the lake of fire and heaven.

Yet you say you are not representing hades as gehenna/the lake of fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct, they are not the same place (for the 5th time ).

I think the reason why you don't get it, is because you have decided not to

Those who are interested can read what was discussed yesterday.
Then we are left with hades and abs bosom are not real but are only a representation of what is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 03:07 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
You brought up resurrection. It illustrates what happens when you are resurrected.

Christians? Heaven? Read:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
The things in the New Testament relate to the Old Testament

The covenant with Abraham is to the 12 tribes, the Christian “church” is grafted into the promises made to ABRAHAM (the FATHER of many nations)

The lord is not coming from a literal cloud from a literal heaven with a literal trumpet call with the literal dead and gather the living Christians to take them into a literal cloud to live in a literal heaven.

These things are revealed in the revelation, the body of Christ is the “church” which are called out ones from Babylon,

The trumpets, clouds are in Revelation as well as a lot of other things which detail how the kingdom comes to be that is prophecied in the Old Testament

Rev 22:4 And they will see His face; and His name will be on their foreheads.
Rev 22:5 And night will not be there; and they have no need of a lamp or a light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them. And they shall reign to the ages of the ages.
Jesus Is Coming

Rev 22:6 And he said to me, These Words are faithful and true. And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His slaves what must happen quickly.
Rev 22:7 Behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one keeping the Words of the prophecy of this Book.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Then we are left with hades and abs bosom are not real but are only a representation of what is real.
Where is the rich guy? His body is in the grave, and Hades is the spiritual version of the physical grave. I dont know why this is such an obstacle for you. Like I told you, a "location" is irrelevant since it is a parable. It is also irrelevant whether or not he is in any state of consciousness. What is relevant is the fact that his fate is set, and there is nothing he can do about it. Whether he is judged today, or 1000 years from now, he will eventually end up in LOF.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The things in the New Testament relate to the Old Testament

The covenant with Abraham is to the 12 tribes, the Christian “church” is grafted into the promises made to ABRAHAM (the FATHER of many nations)

The lord is not coming from a literal cloud from a literal heaven with a literal trumpet call with the literal dead and gather the living Christians to take them into a literal cloud to live in a literal heaven.

These things are revealed in the revelation, the body of Christ is the “church” which are called out ones from Babylon,
We don't have to agree on everything.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:17 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Where is the rich guy? His body is in the grave, and Hades is the spiritual version of the physical grave. I dont know why this is such an obstacle for you. Like I told you, a "location" is irrelevant since it is a parable. It is also irrelevant whether or not he is in any state of consciousness. What is relevant is the fact that his fate is set, and there is nothing he can do about it. Whether he is judged today, or 1000 years from now, he will eventually end up in LOF.
Only according to greek mythology.

But at least now I know where you are coming from.

Do the rest of you guys and gals agree with fins take here or do you see hades differently.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Do the rest of you guys and gals agree with fins take here or do you see hades differently.
The spirit awaits for judgment. It is irrelevant to me if the "place" is called hades or something else, or nothing at all. The word is an obstacle for you, but not for me. It is a state of being, not a place.

So, what happens to your spirit when you die?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-22-2018 at 03:31 PM..

Old 05-22-2018, 03:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:

It's the first time i have heard someone (including Finn Jarber)say hades is the the spiritual version of the physical grave. Although from knowing what he's posted in the past, he believes unbelievers are eternal torment bound, who knows nowadays, it is impossible to figure him out where he is with it all.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:36 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Quote:
So, what happens to your spirit when you die?
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

Old 05-22-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."
My view is that this is what happens to a believers spirit when they die. As for unbelievers, their spirit will await for judgment.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:53 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Quote:
My view is that this is what happens to a believers spirit when they die. As for unbelievers, their spirit will await for judgment.
Sorry FJ You are mistaken again!

4 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity