Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 07:54 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The “reign” of the “saints” never ends, the kingdom of God is for the ages of the ages.

There is a 7000 year (age) building of the “new” heaven and earth, but that “heaven” and “earth” is the structure/system that reigns over the planet earth.

I believe humanity evolves and that evolution is not finite, all develop at their own pace
I have no problem with that understanding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I accept that you were simply incapable of comprehending the answers.

You might wonder why it is always the select few universalists who claim they can't comprehend anything, but I know for a fact that they usually lie about it. It is evidenced by the fact that later they come back to explain my answer back to me saying that is my view. It's dishonest, and a complete waste of time.
whatever

Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
‘For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God’ Ephesians 2:8

God is asking us to faith in Him. But most on this forum decided to rely on their own understanding. What a waste. God gives us a wonderful gift and people refuse it. Some are even offended by it!
Well do you have faith in Him to save the world as He set out to do?

Old 05-22-2018, 08:19 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Quote:
‘For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God’ Ephesians 2:8
Yes, Sum, the gift of salvation is indeed through faith in the Master of reconciliaton. And it is my pleasure to point our attention to the Saviour of the whole world! Are you aware of what the Apostle Timothy declared under the anointing?

"He is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who trust in Him (who believe.)

"THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH"

Note:

Jesus Christ is not the Saviour of only those who believe...He is the Saviour of all mankind!

Old 05-22-2018, 08:27 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Why does the Saviour of all mankind preach to the dead?

"For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Weymouth=

"For it is with this end in view that the Good News was proclaimed even to some who were dead, that they may be judged, as all mankind will be judged, in the body, but may be living a godly life in the spirit."

I want to nominate Pneuma for post # 523 post of the day!

Last edited by Rose2Luv; 05-22-2018 at 08:42 PM..

Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Yes, Sum, the gift of salvation is indeed through faith in the Master of reconciliaton. And it is my pleasure to point our attention to the Saviour of the whole world! Are you aware of what the Apostle Timothy declared under the anointing?

"He is the Saviour of all mankind, especially those who trust in Him (who believe.)

"THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH"

Jesus Christ is not the Saviour of only those who believe...He is the Saviour of all mankind!
He brings salvation to all who will accept it, but not all will. This who accept it are the ones who are saved. It is another verse which has been discussed to death, and it simply does not mean universal salvation.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He brings salvation to all who will accept it, but not all will. This who accept it are the ones who are saved. It is another verse which has been discussed to death, and it simply does not mean universal salvation.

The ones who most need saving are the dark-spirited ones like yourself. It's no wonder you believe more in the Magic Words To Jesus instead of actually being - and doing - good.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:45 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Well do you have faith in Him to save the world as He set out to do?
Everyone is welcome in heaven as salvation is a free gift from the Lord. But faith in Him is the requirement in order to receive the gift.

You must meet Jeus on His terms not yours. Please don’t throw your eternal life away.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:52 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
Good article. Having been raised in a Fundamentalist Christian home, I will add some other "benefits"

- Fundamentalist Christians, especially when I was growing up, tend to be working class-lower middle class. That does not stop them from being snobbish and smug. Growing up, we lived in an economically diverse small town, with many ultra wealthy and upper middle class people. Basically, it was the "rich people"- and those who worked for them. Where as this could easily be a breeding ground for jealousy, my parents were never jealous of people who had more - they were "SAVED" and these other people were not. Associating only with other Fundamentalist Christians, reinforced this feeling of comfort and superiority.

- Fundamentalist people do not deal in "shades of grey". There is good, bad. Right, wrong. Black white. They don't trouble themselves with anything "in between" - because for them, it doesn't exist.

- Fundamentalists help one another. If someone at church has to move, everyone with a truck or a van will pitch in. Not a bad deal when you aren't rolling in money.

- Child raising is made easy, and rebellion is rare. Although, my siblings and I attended public school, we did not participate in many normal activities. For example, prom was forbidden because it involved dancing. Our youth group would plan an activity on prom night - bowling, miniature golf, pizza parties etc.
That made it easier. I had few friends who were not fundamentalist Christians, so this made it easier. Everyone who was going to prom was also going to Hell, so in the scheme of things, missing a formal dance could not compete with eternal torture.

- When is came time to choose a college, we were steered towards Christian colleges only. The few exceptions would be students who attended local non Christian colleges to study practical subjects that had no philosophical or historic content - nursing, dental assistants and hygienists, or computer science was popular. So were trade schools. Engineering schools were also acceptable, and did not need to be Christian.

The current right wing tirade against The Liberal Arts, and for STEM subjects only, has roots, and connections in the fundamentalist community.

- When my mainline Protestant first cousin was accepted into some very prestigious colleges, including an Ivy League school, my mother insisted that my sister's University "Oral Roberts" was more highly ranked. My aunt became so enraged and frustrated, that she interrupted the HS graduation party to show my parents the rankings of these schools, as opposed to ORU, which has very low academic standards. When my aunt showed my parents the facts, my mother waved them away, saying "The people who wrote this book don't know what they are talking about." and "They probably are not Christians". By Christians, she did not mean Presbyterians, Catholics or Methodists - she meant fundamentalists.

This kind of willful ignorance further serves to protect them from dealing with reality. The reality in this case is that my sister was a low B student. She wouldn't have been accepted into any of those colleges had she applied. There are some well regarded "Christian" colleges. I attended and graduated from one. However, that was not pointed out by anyone.

The reality was that my cousin was smarter than my sister, and a better student. But safely inside their Fundamentalist bubble, my parents did not need to face that fact.

I decided to read some of your other threads. There are few posts similar to this one where you tear your family down. Definitely you have issues with the Lord and your family. God gives you life and your family raised you and loved you. Yet, you cannot seem to stop writing negative things about your parents and the Lord. What kind of person does that?

Old 05-23-2018, 02:14 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
I decided to read some of your other threads. There are few posts similar to this one where you tear your family down. Definitely you have issues with the Lord and your family. God gives you life and your family raised you and loved you. Yet, you cannot seem to stop writing negative things about your parents and the Lord. What kind of person does that?
Apparently, you have a problem if someone has firsthand knowledge, whereas, you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity