Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 10:03 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Their is no peace believing in eternal torment, does that mean you believing in it are of the wicked one ?.

I can just picture you now on the beach of the lake of fire with Florida Fundy and all the usual suspects with your cocktails and sun loungers completely at peace as your unbelieving family and friends are being cast into the lake of peace right before your very eyes. Well i guess you unlike someone on here is honest and open about what you believe is the fete of the unbelieving.
there is peace for those in Christ, though. The peace is when God takes those that hate him and are at war with him and change their hearts to love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
there is peace for those in Christ, though. The peace is when God takes those that hate him and are at war with him and change their hearts to love.
No one is at war with God, that is a myth. What brought peace in your heart?. notice i am asking what brought it about. There is a scriptural answer if you don't the answer.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
No one is at war with God, that is a myth. What brought peace in your heart?. notice i am asking what brought it about. There is a scriptural answer if you don't the answer.
Why do you even pretend to follow Scripture when you outright refuse to acknowledge what it says?

Romans 5:10 "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."

Col 1:21 "And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,"

What brought peace to my heart iws just what it says in Romans 5:10 -- God. HE regenerated my heart and brought peace.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Why do you even pretend to follow Scripture when you outright refuse to acknowledge what it says?

Romans 5:10 "For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life."

Col 1:21 "And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,"

What brought peace to my heart iws just what it says in Romans 5:10 -- God. HE regenerated my heart and brought peace.
Why do you take everything literal. God does not have enemies. Explain in your own words how formerly being an unbeliever in God how you was consciously aware that you were at war with God.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Why do you take everything literal. God does not have enemies. Explain in your own words how formerly being an unbeliever in God how you was consciously aware that you were at war with God.
Ah...there we go now. The "literal" parts are the parts you like. The other ones? Not so much.

You're not all that complicated.

God does have enemies--I was one of them. How did I know? Because I hated the things of God. I had no use for Jesus. I didn't like God. I know what my heart was then, and what it is now. It' crystal clear that if God had not drawn me to him I would not be a Christian now.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Ah...there we go now. The "literal" parts are the parts you like. The other ones? Not so much.

You're not all that complicated.

God does have enemies--I was one of them. How did I know? Because I hated the things of God. I had no use for Jesus. I didn't like God. I know what my heart was then, and what it is now. It' crystal clear that if God had not drawn me to him I would not be a Christian now.
It does not matter if anything liteally happened within the whole of the scriptures, what is important is the spiritual lesson that come from them. What is the point of saying you believe they are literal if you are not learning and living by the spiritual lessons. I could not care less if they are historically true or not, what matters to me is do the life lessons within them work in my experience.

What were the things of God you hated and how can you hate a God you did not believe existed ?.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:30 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Straight from god--

13 Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name.

14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; (ISN'T THERE JUST ONE?)

15 for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. (KIND OF MANIPULATIVE?)

16 Do not put the Lord your God to the test as you did at Massah.

17 Be sure to keep the commands of the Lord your God and the stipulations and decrees he has given you.

18 Do what is right and good in the Lord’s sight, so that it may go well with you and you may go in and take over the good land the Lord promised on oath to your ancestors,

19 thrusting out all your enemies before you, as the Lord said. (A bit XENOPHOBIC? DOES god NOT ALSO LOVE OTHERS?)
you shouldnt use the the little g. misnomer to justify offering insult.
if you think you are blameless in doing so.
You are sorely mistaken.

Attacking the Body of Yshua will only bring condemnation on your own head and the blood guilt of such actions are treacherous to the condition of your very own soul.

the boundaries being set., there is only One way to the Father lights

Old 05-17-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It does not matter if anything liteally happened within the whole of the scriptures, what is important is the spiritual lesson that come from them.
Wrong.
Quote:

What is the point of saying you believe they are literal if you are not learning and living by the spiritual lessons. I could not care less if they are historically true or not, what matters to me is do the life lessons within them work in my experience.
I'll ask you the same thing. You have clearly shown that you don't believe Scripture,and you are unwilling to apply its truths to your life.
Quote:
What were the things of God you hated and how can you hate a God you did not believe existed ?.
I hated God's rules. I hated his morality. I wanted to do my own thing, to live as I wanted.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Wrong.

I'll ask you the same thing. You have clearly shown that you don't believe Scripture,and you are unwilling to apply its truths to your life.

I hated God's rules. I hated his morality. I wanted to do my own thing, to live as I wanted.
What were the rules of God you hated and how did you know they were the rules of God, did you have some form of religious upbringing to know these rules?. Why is it with you fundies you can never answer a straightforward reasonable question?. I actually believe the scriptures, i actually believe a lot of the books that were decided weren't scriptures too by those who wanted to control the masses with fear. So no i don't reject the scriptures , just happen to all out disagree with you interpretation of them and all the stuff you have added to them.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
There's no peace for the wicked, just a fearful expectation of dreadful judgments.
And will that be the destiny of those who teach FEAR, and BIGOTRY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity