Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 03:39 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
He identifies with Christ, not other Christians. The same as I do. I follow Christ. I do not follow other Christ followers.
Have I told you how much I appreciate you and love you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hey! I was just going to post this on the "Anglophiles" thread I started about him a few days ago.

My favorite line: "When love is the way, Earth will be a sanctuary".

I saw/heard him speak two years ago at the Diocese of NJ convention. He's great. Very funny, too, although he toned down some of the humor for Westminster Abbey.
That is where I first heard of Curry..figured he had to be on "fire."

Old 05-19-2018, 03:46 PM

For those who missed it or still bad talk the man without having heard the message...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhV0PL49d3Y

Old 05-19-2018, 07:42 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
He identifies with Christ, not other Christians. The same as I do. I follow Christ. I do not follow other Christ followers.
Do you worship and/or serve with other Christians?

Old 05-19-2018, 08:49 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,762,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And still there are Pharisees who are determined to undermine the teachings of Christ...
If you heard and recognized the gift of discernment, would you ignore a friend in Christ?
The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge,
and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
A person’s gift clears his way
and gives him access to the great.

Ears first,
You are in no position to speak about teachers what so ever.
I believe Yeshua mentioned something about the gift and the altar

Old 05-19-2018, 08:53 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
If you heard and recognized the gift of discernment, would you ignore a friend in Christ?
The mind of a person with discernment gets knowledge,
and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
A person’s gift clears his way
and gives him access to the great.
Give over you fraud and get over yourself ,hiding behind bible verses like you think you are speaking on behalf of God

Old 05-19-2018, 10:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,656,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did Jesus differentiate Himself? Did He change His Name when His followers acted up?

How do you think Jesus Christ is heaven feels about that? He died for you, and you can't even hold to His Name because of someone else's behavior... really?
He called Himself---JESUS---not Christ. The word "Christ" arose after Jesus was resurrected and gone back to the Father. It derives from the Greek word Cristos and roughly corresponds to "messiah."

Power is not in the name Christ--although He certainly is our Messiah.

Power is in the name of Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T00XnLii38

I proudly call myself a JESUS follower. As far as I know there are none calling themselves "Jesus followers" who hold beliefs and practices antithetical to that name. Unlike the unchristlike "Christian" utilized by so many.

I still have high hopes for you DRob4JC

Last edited by Wardendresden; 05-19-2018 at 10:51 PM..

Old 05-19-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Hope you can identify with Jesus followers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANiveIKVX0

Old 05-19-2018, 10:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you two like the sermon, it must be fake christianity; vultures always swarm the carcass.
Quote:
You know, sweetheart, you can continue in your goal of being one of the most unkind, nastiest, unpleasant people on the Internet, but you can't take away from someone like Bishop Curry and his genuine message.

I feel sorry for you living in that dark, sad, little place in which you've locked yourself with only a tiny window from which to point screaming that everyone else is doomed. Perhaps someday you will come out into the light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I indulged here and listened. Seemed to be a general message indicating that Jesus is here to make this world better, through love and good behavior.

I'm not going to nit pick it, but I did find this interesting.

At the end, he finishes about not being afraid to follow love, Jesus, etc.

In the middle of the message when speaking of entering information when starting up a Facebook account, he chose his religion as Episcopalian instead of Christian because he was afraid of what he claims other Christians have done, and did not want to be labeled with them. He chose not to identify Himself with Christ. I just thought that was interesting.
Quote:

Seriously? You really think if you put that sort of a twist on it, people are going to fall for it? He doesn't want to identify with people who call themselves CHRISTIANS because of the bad behavior of so many that is giving that group a negative image. That is sad, but hopefully, it might make people who call themselves Christians but treat others badly THINK.

This is the guy who is always talking about how Jesus started a movement and that the Episcopal Church is just a branch of the "Jesus Movement", so there's no way you can say he "chooses not to identify himself with Christ." The little dude is all about Christ, up down and sideways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Aye, Mightyqueen, the message of love always stands in contrast to the message of condemnation. What comes out of the mouth reveals what ferments in the heart.

I think scgraham is one of those who has, as Bishop Curry stated, has appropriated Jesus without grasping His message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
There are so many calling themselves "Christian" but practicing anything but His message, some of us have to differentiate ourselves because of the hijackers. Bishop Curry is one. I am another.

I still have high hopes for you, DRob4JC
If all of us would exhibit the Grace of God and the love of Christ Jesus this world would be a better place. Instead, many would rather preach about a wrathful and condemning god who punishes those who miss the mark. And nowhere do I see that he was sent to save the righteous, only those who have lost their way.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
You are the sole exception to the Biblical rule of "All our righteousness is as filthy rags?"

It is true that the OT verse in Isaiah that Paul quotes spoke of the NATION of Israel---but Paul uses it very personally about individuals and expands upon it.

Quote:
As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; There is no one who understands; no one who seeks God. All have turned away; they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one. Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit; the venom of vipers is on their lips, their mouths are full of cursing and of bitterness, their feet are swift to shed blood, ruin and misery lie in their wake, and the way of peace they have not known, there is no fear of God before their eyes.”…....Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the Law. For the Law merely brings awareness of sin.....for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
.Rom. 3:10-18, 20, 22

The LAW has certainly made you aware of what you imagine are the sins of others, but it hasn't helped you become even slightly cognizant of your own.

In that respect, the LAW has failed its purpose on both accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANiveIKVX0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity