Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:34 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,037 times

Advertisements

There really isn’t anything new here. As a Catholic the only point I would argue is that “God made him that way.” I tend to lean towards the thinking that homosexuality is learned and chosen. Just my opinion.

But, like I said. Nothing really new here. God does love all. Gays are sinners just like me. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Who am I to judge?

Nobody on this earth has the right to judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You are absolutely right. I admire Pope Francis so much! On June 3, I plan to march with a group of Mormons called "Mormons Building Bridges" in Salt Lake City's Pride Parade. This will be the fifth or sixth year in a row that I've been involved and it's such an amazing experience. There is no reason not to be welcoming to the gay community and I want them to know I'm their ally.
Well since the basis for the subject was a gay priest who abused children I suppose no one cares.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:47 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative
He is a welcoming man. There is no reason not to be welcoming to the gay community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You are absolutely right. I admire Pope Francis so much! On June 3, I plan to march with a group of Mormons called "Mormons Building Bridges" in Salt Lake City's Pride Parade. This will be the fifth or sixth year in a row that I've been involved and it's such an amazing experience. There is no reason not to be welcoming to the gay community and I want them to know I'm their ally.
I always appreciate your mature approach to these issues, Katzpur. I just wanted to put that out there.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Well since the basis for the subject was a gay priest who abused children I suppose no one cares.
What is being addressed here is that the pope is apparently accepting of gay people. What does your remark mean?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 PM

88,577 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Good for him, may we follow his example and accept fundamentalists.
I have to remind myself that they are people, too.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:15 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
There really isn’t anything new here. As a Catholic the only point I would argue is that “God made him that way.” I tend to lean towards the thinking that homosexuality is learned and chosen. Just my opinion.

But, like I said. Nothing really new here. God does love all. Gays are sinners just like me. Love the sinner, hate the sin. Who am I to judge?

Nice sentiment but not biblical. We are to be discerning on what we read, watch, and believe. We are not the one that decides what is an abomination, a great sin and what isn’t.

Tell me who is more caring. The one that tells you the truth about danger or the other that lets you walk right into a bear trap?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Nice sentiment but not biblical. We are to be discerning on what we read, watch, and believe. We are not the one that decides what is an abomination, a great sin and what isn’t.

Tell me who is more caring. The one that tells you the truth about danger or the other that lets you walk right into a bear trap?
I can tell you who's got all the spirituality of a lizard.

And half the warmth.

And none of the charm.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:29 PM

10,022 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The pope well could be the false prophet in the Book of Revelation.
More likely the false prophet is political in nature.
False clergy are the composite ' man of sin ' the ' son of destruction '( perdition) described at 2nd Thess. 2:2-8

Old 05-21-2018, 09:31 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post

So let me see if I’m reading you correctly ......... God hates homosexuals? Is that what you’re saying?

Hope you don’t live in a glass house.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:33 PM

10,022 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
We have No right to judge on personal preferences. We are Not to impute a bad or wrong motive to another.
But as far as what God judges as what is moral or not moral we do Not judge God's judgement but accept it.
So, anyone who is single is to refrain from fornication ( immorality ) whether straight or gay.
Jesus will soon come (Rev. 22:20) and straighten everything out for mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity