Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 04:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Jesus didn't write that, so how could he lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Wow, what has happened to your reading comprehension, Jesus spoke it, it is you who thinks He lies as Jesus never lies! And it's His warning to many that if they don't repent they will hear Him for sure saying, "depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity." If they don't repent of their ways.
Hearsay is based on what another person says, not the person themselves.
And there is nothing that I have read that was written by Jesus himself.

"Now, depart from me, all you workers of iniquity."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 04:21 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,659,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Hearsay is based on what another person says, not the person themselves.
And there is nothing that I have read that was written by Jesus himself.

"Now, depart from me, all you workers of iniquity."
Boy, you really think you're equal to God don't you

Old 05-30-2018, 04:26 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Believing that God IS love as Jesus taught and demonstrated is NOT denying Jesus. NOT believing that God is so EVIL that He would torture for eternity or annihilate anyone just for NOT accepting the impossible and inconsistent "precepts and doctrines of men," does NOT make someone a "worker of iniquity." Rejecting those who claim to speak for God through THEIR interpretations of words "written in ink" when they contradict what God has "written in our hearts" in agape love does NOT make someone a "worker of iniquity." I prefer to follow the guidance of the promised Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
Jesus isn't lying!
No, but Israelites who fervently held to the OT beliefs about God misrepresented what Jesus taught and promised under the New Covenant. They focused on words "written in ink" and ignored the guidance of the Comforter to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." There is no way that not believing the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you follow makes anyone a "worker of iniquity." I have no problem believing that "workers of iniquity" will have to undergo "refinement" to remove the dross from their soul. That is what reaping what you sow means. But your silly concerns about believing the "right things" about Jesus and God according to your religion have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-30-2018 at 04:43 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
No, but Israelites who fervently held to the OT beliefs about God misrepresented what Jesus taught and promised under the New Covenant. They focused on words "written in ink" and ignored the guidance of the Comforter to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." There is no way that not believing the "precepts and doctrines of men" that you follow makes anyone a "worker of iniquity." I have no problem believing that "workers of iniquity" will have to undergo "refinement" to remove the dross from their soul. That is what reaping what you sow means. But your silly concerns about believing the "right things" about Jesus and God according to your religion have nothing to do with it.
Go spread your heresy somewhere else, mystic. I'm not interested in what you have to say, I have a Savior, Jesus Christ, I'll follow Him.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:47 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Quote:
Go spread your heresy somewhere else, mystic. I'm not interested in what you have to say, I have a Savior, Jesus Christ, I'll follow Him.
I have the same Savior and I follow Him too. Ask yourself if Jesus would EVER want you to be unloving or unaccepting toward ANYONE for ANY reason given He forgave even His torturers and murderers.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:54 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,161,560 times
Quote:
I find it hilarious that those who hate God's word and pick and choose their preference in it use it all the time. Especially that which they don't believe or agree with.
But your right, jimmie, none of these individuals would know who and what Jesus is and what the gospel is about if it wasn't for the Bible, you know that book the Bible, well, it has to be opened and read in order to know what it's about.

That scripture scgraham posted is so plain and simple to read and understand! And top it off it is Jesus speaking His very own words from the Father and still denied and spoken that it's all a lie.

1. Well, I know definitely not the ppl of Christ.

2. You are correct, Finn, no one knows the heart of another and who is drawn or chased away. That is a God thing. And to think otherwise is arrogant and putting self at the level of God's business.

3. Yes, jimmie, keep up the good work !
I’ve read every word. It’s why I’m now atheist. Take off the rose colored glasses and you might see the truth as well. It is likely you will believe this nonsense till you die and just cease to exist no different than I. Such a shame you won’t know how ignorant of reality you were.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I have the same Savior and I follow Him too. Ask yourself if Jesus would EVER want you to be unloving or unaccepting toward ANYONE for ANY reason given He forgave even His torturers and murderers.
Really, well the Jesus I know doesn't agree with you.
you need to look into a mirror. and ask yourself ^^^^^ the bold. Cause you have never ever treated me in a loving, acceptable way. I've always walked away from you, mystic in my posting with your nastiness! So don't try to project your guilt on me. You have been one of the most unkind people to others in this forum and in the Religion and Spiritually.

So move on, Mystic!

Old 05-30-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I’ve read every word. It’s why I’m now atheist. Take off the rose colored glasses and you might see the truth as well. It is likely you will believe this nonsense till you die and just cease to exist no different than I. Such a shame you won’t know how ignorant of reality you were.
Interesting! You're right, "It is likely you will believe this nonsense till you die" I'll trust my Lord and Savior God, Jesus Christ, all the way to eternity. Hope to see you there.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:17 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Neither do you.
Neither does anyone.

Except hell-believers.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Neither does anyone.

Except hell-believers.
And the hell-believers on here don't because they don't believe they're going and figure anyone who is, deserves it. So, while there are other issues caused by the hell doctrine, nobody here is worrying, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity