Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 05:07 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He has tunnel vision with a side of lame psychology: "Come on pcamps I thought better of you," and believes that the way he views the context is the only way it is to be viewed. That's merely asinine and foolish or absurd.
Here goes the BS again, because you HAVE NOTHING. God it's obvious by now! Pot/Kettle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 05:11 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
I think it is time to exit this mess and let my near 150 posts speak for themselves. I'm not here to be subjected to comments like the above or engage back in similar. Most of the people that were descent in conversation and tried to discuss the points have left the dialogue, except pcamps, but we seem to be going in circles.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:12 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I posted some after you posted. Check back at it. But this is a different set of arguments that you want to peruse now? Why are you now wanting to move onto this subject? I spent almost a 150 posts in this thread on the discussion we we're having making my case with numerous arguments and verses. And now just move on - ok. Maybe start another thread? I did not start to discuss ET - you did. I'd rather stay focused on the issue at hand but even that is played by now since no has anything else to say.
The argument for me is not the existence of the fundy hell, it is what we are saved from, scripture does not teach salvation from hell period, so why you are defending a belief that all are not saved while believing salvation is from eternal hell, your defense does not have a scriptural foundation. The only scripture i have had thrown back at me when i have challenged bible evangelical fundamentalists to give me the scriptures that back up being saved from eternal hell is "we are saved from the wrath to come", are you saying you have scriptures that they haven't seen?.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
LOL. Shiloh would be added to your ever growing ignore list quicker than you could say ET if you tried putting on him half of what you believe.
That won't happen as Shiloh has thrown out Daniel 12:2 at you, which from a fundamentalists perspective means something it does not. It is difficult to let go of what you were conditioned to believe.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:19 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The argument for me is not the existence of the fundy hell, it is what we are saved from, scripture does not teach salvation from hell period, so why you are defending a belief that all are not saved while believing salvation is from eternal hell, your defense does not have a scriptural foundation. The only scripture i have had thrown back at me when i have challenged bible evangelical fundamentalists to give me the scriptures that back up being saved from eternal hell is "we are saved from the wrath to come", are you saying you have scriptures that they haven't seen?.

I have made no attempt, but a slight one at your request to defend ET in the my most recent posts with some verses. Again salvation is dependent on context. It is a long task just go through the whole bible and show you what it refers to - Come on that's getting out of hand for the purpose in which I have been participating in this thread. My belief in ET or not does not change the points about all being saved. Not sure why you are so focused on me defending it as such?

Old 06-05-2018, 05:23 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
I think it is time to exit this mess and let my near 150 posts speak for themselves. I'm not here to be subjected to comments like the above or engage back in similar. Most of the people that were descent in conversation and tried to discuss the points have left the dialogue, except pcamps, but we seem to be going in circles.
Sorry for appearing to single you out for bickering. It is never a one-sided situation. But the thing you seem particularly bent on is something that most of us who are NOT fundamentalists have no problem accepting. That you are probably correct that many of the NT writers (whoever they actually were) did not think in universalist terms but considering the CONSISTENT AND NON-CONTRADICTORY actions and views of Christ taken as a whole it is clear they were WRONG.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:23 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
He has tunnel vision with a side of lame psychology: "Come on pcamps I thought better of you," and believes that the way he views the context is the only way it is to be viewed. That's merely asinine and foolish or absurd.
So did I .

I have said from my first post on this thread that our biased beliefs influence us even when there is evidence of proof to the contrary of them . My biased belief kept me from accepting the truth of universal reconciliation for close on 16 years. I saw it in a flash, but my biases would not allow me at that time to accept it. I never gave it a single thought(literally) again what i saw in a flash until i supposedly came across it accidently on the internet.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:24 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
That won't happen as Shiloh has thrown out Daniel 12:2 at you, which from a fundamentalists perspective means something it does not. It is difficult to let go of what you were conditioned to believe.
Typical BS! Accuses me of being rigid in interpretation and then goes and says Daniel 12:2 can not mean how fundies interpret it.

This is exactly why you are nto worth discussing things with.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:31 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry for appearing to single you out for bickering. It is never a one-sided situation. But the thing you seem particularly bent on is something that most of us who are NOT fundamentalists have no problem accepting. That you are probably correct that many of the NT writers (whoever they actually were) did not think in universalist terms but considering the CONSISTENT AND NON-CONTRADICTORY actions and views of Christ taken as a whole it is clear they were WRONG.
Well that seems to be an admission. But they are arguing that Paul is teaching universalist ideas. Why did it take you so long to see this? The same person that tells you about Christ's actions are the same person that record him saying there is a resurrection undo condemnation and that there are few who find the path of life - seems consistent to me.

Anyway, I done here!

Old 06-05-2018, 05:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Quote:
Typical BS! Accuses me of being rigid in interpretation and then goes and says Daniel 12:2 can not mean how fundies interpret it.

This is exactly why you are not worth discussing things with.
I had attempted too, but you merely threw down your toy and had a tantrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity