Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 02:17 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
UR's (and others who have come to the realization -- or always knew -- that eternal hell is a fabrication of fearful/controlling minds) have an appetite to love God with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. If you also have that appetite, Cyber, it's inevitable that eventually you will come to the realization that the doctrine of hell is a scam and a barrier to loving God in that way.

LOL, well, I guess one day you will be able to argue that issue with God now won't you. And you're going to be dreadfully disappointed when He reveals the truth to you. And you do know what Jesus spoke to those who denied Him
Better reconsider your stand now in this life, then later in the after life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This question was asked of Jesus.

Luke 13
[22] And he [Jesus] went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
[23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
[29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 05-30-2018 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: to add scripture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 02:28 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
[b]
-Snip-
Cyber, this will have zero impact on where you dwell in La La Land. But do all you can do to refrain from making asinine statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This question was asked of Jesus.

Luke 13
[22] And he [Jesus] went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem.
[23] Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
[24] Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
[25] When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
[26] Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
[27] But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
[28] There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
[29] And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
I guess your issues with Jesus and what He warned, you will see in the afterlife how asinine they are, Rose2Luv

Old 05-30-2018, 02:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is an indictment of the very critical thinking that is demanded of us - to properly divide the scriptures and study to show ourselves approved. What you advocate is unthinking acceptance of whatever is written which is absurd when so much of it is contradictory and inconsistent.
Couldn't agree more, Mystic. (Good to see you posting in this sub-forum a bit more today.)

Old 05-30-2018, 02:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What I find that has value is life, not the false teachings of eternal damnation. And for your information, Cyber, I am not a Universalist - but you know that! So, who is it that serves their own appetites of believing they are superior and misrepresents another with false accusations? But do keep in mind that I have no fear of something that does not exist, neither is it in any sense of the word - reality!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
You are not a Universalist? That, my friend, is some of the more distressing news Rose has heard today! I appreciate your posts , and find life in them, would you please send Rose a P.M. and disclose what you do grasp at this present moment, if you can find it in your heart? Much thanks in advance.
In order to believe in eternal damnation, annihilation or that of Universal Reconciliation would mean that I would have to believe in some kind of separation from that which brought everything (ALL THINGS) into existence, Which I do not!

However, what I do see within the written text or Scriptures is that those who have lost their way will be reconciled from their wayward journey of unusual or perverse behavior in this life much like the prodigal son to one of forgiveness and unconditional love, as we are merely experiencing life as it unfolds; good, bad or indifferent. And people should not be parsing out their preconceived and biased opinions which are not based on reason or an actual experience. And if they do, they should be doing it with loving-kindness, not through the wrath of a God that would condemn humanity to the unthinkable waste lands of damnation.

Religion is a major factor in dividing and separating humanity, unlike that of having a relationship. People should never be taught to feel less-than any other person, neither should they exalt themselves to a position of superiority. But I must say that Universal Reconciliation comes closer to the truth than that of the other two positions. What I write is based on Scripture, not from a prejudicial point of view, nor one that would lack common sense or reasoning.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Better reconsider your stand now in this life, then later in the after life!

Reconsider my stance of having the desire to love God with all that I am? Nah.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
In order to believe in eternal damnation, annihilation or that of Universal Reconciliation would mean that I would have to believe in some kind of separation from that which brought everything (ALL THINGS) into existence, Which I do not!

However, what I do see within the written text or Scriptures is that those who have lost their way will be reconciled from their wayward journey of unusual or perverse behavior in this life much like the prodigal son to one of forgiveness and unconditional love, as we are merely experiencing life as it unfolds; good, bad or indifferent. And people should not be parsing out their preconceived and biased opinions which are not based on reason or an actual experience. And if they do, they should be doing it with loving-kindness, not through the wrath of a God that would condemn humanity to the unthinkable waste lands of damnation.

Religion is a major factor in dividing and separating humanity, unlike that of having a relationship. People should never be taught to feel less-than any other person, neither should they exalt themselves to a position of superiority. But I must say that Universal Reconciliation comes closer to the truth than that of the other two positions. What I write is based on Scripture, not from a prejudicial point of view, nor one that would lack common sense or reasoning.
Nicely said, Jer.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
This is an indictment of the very critical thinking that is demanded of us - to properly divide the scriptures and study to show ourselves approved. What you advocate is unthinking acceptance of whatever is written which is absurd when so much of it is contradictory and inconsistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Couldn't agree more, Mystic. (Good to see you posting in this sub-forum a bit more today.)
People read but they don't always comprehend.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:38 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
That is utterly foolish Mystic!

I don't advocate unthinking, I advocate proper exegesis of what the writers were saying. It is you and others who are wishing that the text says what it does not. If there is something illogical or unjust about what they are saying then that does not change it one bit and it certainly does not mean that you get to change what they meant because you don't like it.

I think hell and eternal torture is illogical and unloving and does not fit the crime but that is not what Paul was teaching. If you and others have a problem with that then that is your problem with the writers not me.

It is what it is so stop trying to have some Biblical appropriation. I don't accept it but I accept that is what it says.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
That is utterly foolish Mystic!

I don't advocate unthinking, I advocate proper exegesis of what the writers were saying. It is you and others who are wishing that the text says what it does not. If there is something illogical or unjust about what they are saying then that does not change it one bit and it certainly does not mean that you get to change what they meant because you don't like it.

I think heel and eternal torture is illogical and unloving and does not fit the crime but that is not what Paul was teaching. If you and others have a problem with that then that is your problem with the writers not me.
Where did Paul teach eternal torment/hell?

Old 05-30-2018, 02:45 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,025,758 times
Quote:

Thanks Jerwade, you went beyond what Rose asked, and I am pleased you did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity