Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 08:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

This is a fair and good question
It deserves an answer
I came from extreme poverty -some of it in another country -where poverty level was lower than most inner city American poor
I know what it took for me to make it here
So my lack of sympathy for those that are not trying -and expect to get it free- just bek now I have more than I used to -I hope is understandable
If you spend all your money on dope and booze and get the money from robbing others- why would you expect me to pay your rent?
Christians are neither gullible -nor door mats -nor atm machines -
There is no Santa clause
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 08:02 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I still not getting what you are asking. The first 4 Commandments is how we address the Lord, the latter 6 relates to other people.

You focus on Constantine like he has set the precedence of the Church. I would deny that. The belief in the Trinity and the Scriptures would be exactly the same whether Constatine was involved or not.

The blog or book you read about the Council of Nicea probably has a bit of true and mostly made of conjecture and biased thinking. Search hard enough and you will find someone who thinks just like you.
Christian after Christian claims to have a new covenant but they have nothing written of this covenant. Christians claim to have a new law, a better law of love, and yet they have no law, love is just something they say.

When Gentiles left the law for love, how did that one law of love work out for the rest of the world? Is that what we saw? Love? More like,'' Say Jesus or we will torture your family, kill them in front of your eyes, and then we will make you ride the iron maiden.''

2000 years of love, mmm good.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-24-2018 at 08:17 PM..

Old 06-24-2018, 11:39 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Christian after Christian claims to have a new covenant but they have nothing written of this covenant. Christians claim to have a new law, a better law of love, and yet they have no law, love is just something they say.

When Gentiles left the law for love, how did that one law of love work out for the rest of the world? Is that what we saw? Love? More like,'' Say Jesus or we will torture your family, kill them in front of your eyes, and then we will make you ride the iron maiden.''

It's worked out about the same way the LAW has worked out for Jews. Over and over both groups ignore what they say they believe.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:53 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
It's worked out about the same way the LAW has worked out for Jews. Over and over both groups ignore what they say they believe.
No it's not the same, there is no comparison. Jews have been hunted and chased, thrown out of countries, loaded in trains to be put in furnaces. When the Gentiles broke the covenant, they began rounding up people who kept the feasts of Christ along with the Jews. We don't have 2000 years of Jewish oppression against Christians, we have 2000 years of Anti-Semitic Christians persecuting Jews ever since Gentile abandoned the covenant of Jesus. Instead of joining the Jew, the Christian says,'' I am the new Jew,'' and then he goes out to persecute Jews.

What greater church fathers to Christians have other than Constantine and Martin Luther?

Have you read what they wrote concerning people who keep the commandments of God?

Trying to make a comparison of the two is really unfair.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:05 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

You criticize the way fallible humans have implemented the New Covenant, NOT the New Covenant itself. Properly adhered to, the love commands cover far more behavior and attitudes than the Ten or the 613 mitzvot.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:59 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Most bigoted people I know usually say or ask:

1) Are you born again?
2) Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior?
3) How long have you been a Christian?
4) Are you a Bible-believing Christian?

It comes across as an interrogation, coupled with that of being extremely judgmental.

Stealing Jesus - The New York Times
Simply stated, conservative Christianity focuses primarily on law, doctrine and authority.
Whereas, liberal Christianity focuses on the love for humanity and the spiritual experience.

Anyone who get spiritual advice from a secular source is a fool.

Conservative Christians focus on the whole Bible. Especially the teachings of Jesus, which include love for all humanity. We even go beyond that, We are to love our neighbor as our self. Does liberal theology teach loving your enemy? I have never heard one of them teach that. Of course liberal theology rejects any part of the Bible it does not agree with. They have become omniscient instead of God.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:02 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Someone eating popcorn is your most intelligent response. I know it sure convinced me of the height of your intellect.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
No it's not the same, there is no comparison. Jews have been hunted and chased, thrown out of countries, loaded in trains to be put in furnaces. When the Gentiles broke the covenant, they began rounding up people who kept the feasts of Christ along with the Jews. We don't have 2000 years of Jewish oppression against Christians, we have 2000 years of Anti-Semitic Christians persecuting Jews ever since Gentile abandoned the covenant of Jesus. Instead of joining the Jew, the Christian says,'' I am the new Jew,'' and then he goes out to persecute Jews.

What greater church fathers to Christians have other than Constantine and Martin Luther?

Have you read what they wrote concerning people who keep the commandments of God?

Trying to make a comparison of the two is really unfair.
Sorry, but persecution does NOT mean one is righteous--it just means one is persecuted. Christians use the same mantra to try to appeal to sympathy from the world.

Each of us are responsible for our own sins.

And my son is married to a Jewish woman and has taken her children in as his own.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Anyone who get spiritual advice from a secular source is a fool.

Conservative Christians focus on the whole Bible. Especially the teachings of Jesus, which include love for all humanity. We even go beyond that, We are to love our neighbor as our self. Does liberal theology teach loving your enemy? I have never heard one of them teach that. Of course liberal theology rejects any part of the Bible it does not agree with. They have become omniscient instead of God.
You haven't read many posts by us liberals. Loving one's neighbor AND enemy is more important than the Bible. Jesus even taught that when He stood in direct opposition to biblical laws---healing a man on the Sabbath. refusing to follow the LAW with regard to stoning a woman for adultery.

What liberalism includes that you do not appreciate is an undogmatic approach to understanding Scripture and an understanding of how individualism, capitalism, and the glorification of the military is evil in the sight of God.

Liberalism is about community, sharing liberally with the downcast and downtrodden (including from government resources), and peacefulness (not Praise the Lord and pass the Ammunition).

And in contrast do you not believe in being "born again?"
Do you not believe in "accepting Jesus Christ as Savior?"
Are you not a "bible believing Christian?"

If the shoe fits wear it.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Why are you posting in the Christianity forum if you're not a believer? Read the New Testament and see what it does for you. Might just find there's something to this whole Christianity thing after all.

This is a place to discuss Christianity. The good. The bad. The ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity