Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 07:14 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times

Advertisements

In response to Post #23 by Romulus XXV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
MANY of us WERE!... one of those on Paul's "extensive list". but because we wanted to obey Jehovah God's words as his worshipers. we fought and pray to remove our bad ways, as Paul commented on. and the words Paul spoke was by means of HS, it's NOT his words ,(2Pet. 1:20,21). also Jesus PICKED him to be his follower. so ALL that Paul spoked was based of how Jesus and his Father feels. and it doesn't matter who tries or succeed in removing the word from "Christian churches". to NOT love that action is in the hearts, it can't be removed.

sadly MANY can accept God's words, as long as it doesn't hit close to home. when it does, there's a problem. NOTHING, can stop the way the God of Israel feels concerning this. we are to follow Jesus examples, he OBEIED, Jehovah God's words also ,(John 4:34 , Jesus said unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work). which meant in order to save imperfect humans, Jesus had to live a perfect life. he didn't live or followed the ways of the world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). and a true follower shouldn't either ,(1Pet.2:21).

imagine how it must feel to be a fornicator, :sitting in a church pew". Knowing, SEX out of marriage won't get you into God's kingdom either. now imagine MANY who call themselves a "Christian", doing this, and really don't give a crap. still believing that they have a first-class ticket to heaven, sad! playing with one's self, it's your world!, playing with God, not good ,(Gal. 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap). true even Jehovah God and Jesus understands that MANY feel they were born that way, still doesn't make it ok!

I'm referring to those who's having a battle within themselves. but what about those who JUST!... want to take a walk on the wild side...yeah either way, satan plays a part in the actions of those who's doing things Jehovah God and Jesus hates. why?, because he HATES them as well as humans ,(Rev.12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabited of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he know that he hath but a short time).

ANYTHING satan can get us to do or become, he will do it even by means of trickery. this is why Jehovah wants us to get close to him, so that we would be able to fight against his tricks ,(Ephe. 6:11,12). and a true Christians KNOWS satan's tricks ,(2Cor. 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices). sadly this world has become so immoral, that even what was once deemed as bad by the world, it's now accepted. that's to be expected, considering we are living in the last days of satan's wicked system. he KNOWS, he's going down, and he planning on taking as many of us as he can, by ANY MEANS! Peace
You missed my point, jojo. My point was that NOWHERE in the original manuscripts of scripture was the term 'homosexual' used. Nor were any EQUIVALENT terms for 'homosexual' used in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Only in some post-1946 Bibles is the term 'homosexual' used 'corruptly' by their authors. SO, whenever you come across the term 'homosexual' in your Bible, you're seeing a term that should NOT be there to begin with. Understand?

Incidentally, has anyone else experienced problems with the C-D forum in the last couple of days? It took me ages to log on and further ages to navigate my way around the site to the point where I gave up. I have no clue as to whether it was a problem with C-D or with my Internet connection. It's working fine now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 05:47 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

You missed my point, jojo. My point was that NOWHERE in the original manuscripts of scripture was the term 'homosexual' used. Nor were any EQUIVALENT terms for 'homosexual' used in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Only in some post-1946 Bibles is the term 'homosexual' used 'corruptly' by their authors. SO, whenever you come across the term 'homosexual' in your Bible, you're seeing a term that should NOT be there to begin with. Understand?

Incidentally, has anyone else experienced problems with the C-D forum in the last couple of days? It took me ages to log on and further ages to navigate my way around the site to the point where I gave up. I have no clue as to whether it was a problem with C-D or with my Internet connection. It's working fine now.
The term Homosexual is a non issue, though the scriptures that mention same sex activities do exist. The key is that the Bible clearly shows and states that marriage is ONLY between a man and a woman and that any sexual relationship outside of that is fornication and a sin.

Non sexual same sex relationships are not a sin.

I have had no problems logging in??

Old 06-13-2018, 06:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Oh, there is still a bunch of hate out there concerning God’s Word. They even can hardly contain themselves on this board.

The Evil one is alive and constantly stirring up wickedness to attack Christ’s Church. True, many have fallen away and are chasing false religion and doctrine. But there is still plenty left that stand firm in the Faith
I would agree, that Satan has been very successful in our world, especially true in modern times, but at the same time, when I look around in my area, I see nothing but respect for christian churches (and really ALL churches, no matter what denomination).

A few years back, my families parish (one of the largest in the area), had a rash of break ins, the thieves were stealing anything that wasnt nailed down, they had even found $6000. in cash at one burglary...the local police went out of their way and well beyond what was expected to catch those responsible, the general public in the area also assisted, one detective that had retired even helped out for free, using his own time!

Does this sound like an organization that is hated and despised by the secular community?

Considering how the world is today, (and how successful satan has been), there is something really wrong going on imo.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:37 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The term Homosexual is a non issue, though the scriptures that mention same sex activities do exist. The key is that the Bible clearly shows and states that marriage is ONLY between a man and a woman and that any sexual relationship outside of that is fornication and a sin.

Non sexual same sex relationships are not a sin.

I have had no problems logging in??
Anytime you wish to debate the difference between what God's "word" says and what God has allowed with regard to sexual relations--throw out some Scripture for us. God may have "said" it, but that didn't stop Him from allowing people to do all sorts of things that YOU would call "sexual sin." Even blessing some of them for their "sin." The only exception is adultery--and even with that there is an "exception" to the exception.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 06-14-2018 at 01:48 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 01:47 AM

Consider the Southern Baptist Convention that has just concluded its annual convention. Out of 1000 minutes of speaking time for various speakers, exactly twelve were allocated to women. I suppose they aren't as spiritual as men.

In addition, the SBC who at one time (when I was a part of it) staunchly defended separation of church and state showed how that has fallen by the wayside by making Mike Pence the keynote speaker.

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence was scheduled to address a crowd of nearly 10,000 people during his controversial appearance at the Southern Baptist Convention in Texas Wednesday afternoon.
Pence’s visit sparked backlash among some of the evangelical movement’s 15 million-member delegation, with Virginia Pastor Garrett Kell calling for a time of prayer to replace the Vice President’s speech.
“We must do all that we can to preserve the purity of the gospel, and this invitation works against it,” Kell said Monday from the floor of the annual meeting in Dallas. He went on to warn that Pence’s appearance could give the impression that the Southern Baptist Church aligns with a certain political party, according The Tennessean
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ion/ar-AAyAGx0

It's not people who are responsible for the cold-heartedness toward others, it's the church that has indoctrinated them into a political system in order to use their blindness and lack of empathy to present the ugliness of human politics as a light shining in the darkness.

They have no light. They are wolves in sheep's clothing who cannot bear to look at their own souls, so instead oppress others thinking it lifts they themselves up in God's eyes . The Pharisees thought the same way.

Even one of the SBC's leaders, Al Mohler, has admitted there is a crisis in the SBC following accusations against Paige Patterson that he had tried to cover up rape and sexual abuse by some pastors. What Mohler has not admitted is the role he played in allowing that atmosphere to surface.
Quote:
The #MeToo moment has come to American evangelicals. This moment has come to some of my friends and brothers in Christ. This moment has come to me, and I am called to deal with it as a Christian, as a minister of the gospel, as a seminary and college president, and as a public leader. I pray that I will lead rightly.
In Romans 1:18 we are told: “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.”

This is just a foretaste of the wrath of God poured out. This moment requires the very best of us. The Southern Baptist Convention is on trial, and our public credibility is at stake. May God have mercy on us all.
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...ion-metoo.html

Last edited by Wardendresden; 06-14-2018 at 02:08 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 06:33 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Warden,

My former fundamentalist sect would say that you are the wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Who is right?

What does the Christian God think? Maybe he will soon make a statement on theological matters that will put an end to the bitter divide between “liberal” and “fundamentalist” Christians?

Old 06-14-2018, 08:23 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:

no, I got what you were saying, but the word used today, still applies to the actions of yesterday! you said "Only in some post-1946 Bibles is the term 'homosexual' used 'corruptly' by their authors". adding or removing from the bible, doesn't make one an Author of it, does it? there's only ONE "Author" concerning the bible, that is the God of Israel, Jehovah (Exo. 6:3). and the acts of "homosexuality" ,even if that word wasn't used in the days of old. it doesn't change the fact that it was GOD, who does NOT like the action. which is the main point, NOT what it was called back then, do you understand? God hates the act, NOT the person, it can cost us our lives if we refuse to change, (Levi. 20:13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them). regardless of how anyone feels concerning what Jehovah say through his many servants of old, including Jesus, it will standup to the End of this wicked system. peace

Old 06-14-2018, 09:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
I guess one more thing I'll add to the discussion is that our nation as a whole has bought into the fallacy that unless we give absolute support to a person or cause, we hate it. Don't mistake disapproval of a lifestyle or a actions to be hatred.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:16 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:

Sorry the term " HOMOsapian" isn't used either . it doesn't mean the word man ! and as if " man with man as with a woman" isn't used ! those two words are a modern and man made up term. and gay used to mean happy..

Lev 18:22

“Do not practice XXXXXMAN XXXXX, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin.
Box Lev 20:13

“If a man practices XXXXpotatoesXXXXXX, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/lev/18/1/s_108001
the context of the whole chapter is SEX .. who you can have sex with and who you can not have sex with ... fill in any word you wish .. in the context it is self-evident what God is saying in that verse! men should not sleep with men like they sleep with women. He isn't joking about it either.
yes it is forgivable ! if the man repents ! which means turns away from that act and that action and come into agreement with God that it is not right with God .
as it is unnatural to how God created men and woman to function at their most completeness and be their most fulfilled for a whole lifetime and even into a whole eternity of pleasure for ever more...Psa 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

it is only madkind who thinks that there will not be sex in the next life.. yes there might not be sex for some people who raised from the dead only to be like angels .. they were "saved" But never repented . God is not the God of the dead.. if he has to wake you up you probably aren't the "living"! The Living will be having sex for evermore..

you can leave that MODERN WORD out or replace it with any word.. and it still proves what it means in the context of the chapter .
a man can not sleep with a man like he sleeps with a woman period .

here is the hebrew

Thou shalt not lie

PHRASE
h7901

שָׁכַב
shakab
Pronounce Hebrew root for H7901 שָׁכַב
PARSE
with mankind

PHRASE
h2145

זָכָר
zakar
Pronounce Hebrew root for H2145 זָכָר

as with

PHRASE
h4904

מִשְׁכָּב
mishkab
Pronounce Hebrew root for H4904 מִשְׁכָּב

womankind

h802

אִשָּׁה
'ishshah
Pronounce Hebrew root for H802 אִשָּׁה

it is abomination

PHRASE
h8441

תּוֹעֵבָה
tow`ebah

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-14-2018 at 09:25 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Warden,

My former fundamentalist sect would say that you are the wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Who is right?

What does the Christian God think? Maybe he will soon make a statement on theological matters that will put an end to the bitter divide between “liberal” and “fundamentalist” Christians?
MY former SBC churches say the same thing.

But only you can decide.

Which group appears to have the open acceptance of Jesus to displaced, downtrodden, and alienated people?
Which would accept you into their worship gatherings?

"Both" is an unacceptable copout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity