Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 09:20 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishr98 View Post
I know people that swear up and down that they are Christian but yet they are insensitive and selfish. Why are people like this and how do we minister to them and encourage them to be more sensitive and compassionate and less cold-hearted?
I submit to the reader that the fault lies with poor Christian leadership.

If a leader doesn't teach his flock the appropriate responses to the demands of life or God, then how shall Christians know what Jesus would do in their situation? Christians are only taught to contribute donations to the church and not much else. It is very strange that among Protestant Christians the notion of the divine right of kings and of the absolute authority of the Pope persists to this day.(*) Leaders are held in high unapproachable esteem even though the Reformation supposedly taught us that we have the right to decide for ourselves who is and is not an appropriate leader.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes."
- Adolph Hitler

"Protestant clergy don't believe in anything except their well-being and office.
If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it.
If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it.
If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it.
If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it.
If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it.
If our politics become so corrupt that their very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it.
"
- Charles Finney

If the actions of a Christian are less than Christ-like, then perhaps such a person is walking through the world without the proper guidance - not given to him or her by a corrupt and debauched leadership.

It is not the people who need to be ministered to, it's the clergy.

And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
Ezek 34:1-2

How can a Christian know the way to live when his or her priest is busy raping little boys, absconding with the church treasury, or inventing new schemes to defraud the flock of its treasures and the truth of God?

1 Peter 4:17 says judgment begins in the House of God. If it begins in God's house will it not fall most heavily upon the false shepherds who have led their flock astray?

Those who need to repent most vehemently are those who pretend to guide the flock of Christ.

The rest of us need to remind them of their spiritual responsibilities. They need to be put in their place, else the flock will wander into licentiousness and sin and be lost.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) The Pope would quickly discover he isn't infallible if he got married.

Last edited by Choir Loft; 06-15-2018 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 09:24 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
I submit to the reader that the fault lies with poor Christian leadership. If their flock isn't taught appropriate responses to the demands of life, then how shall Christians know what Jesus would do in their place? Christians are only taught to contribute donations to the church and not much else.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes."
- Adolph Hitler

"Protestant clergy donĂ­t believe in anything except their well-being and office".
"If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it. If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it. If our politics become so corrupt that their very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it.
"
- Charles Finney

If the reader finds fault with the actions of a Christian, then perhaps such a person is walking through the world without the proper instructions - not given to him or her by a corrupt and debauched leadership.

And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

How can a Christian know the way to live when his or her priest is busy raping little boys, absconding with the church treasury, or inventing new schemes to defraud the flock of its treasures and the truth of God?

1 Peter 4:17 says judgment begins in the House of God. If it begins in God's house will it not fall most heavily upon the false shepherds who have led their flock astray?

Those who need to repent most vehemently are those who pretend to guide the flock of Christ.

yes and amen...

Old 06-15-2018, 09:33 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
I submit to the reader that the fault lies with poor Christian leadership. If their flock isn't taught appropriate responses to the demands of life, then how shall Christians know what Jesus would do in their place? Christians are only taught to contribute donations to the church and not much else. It is very strange that among Protestant Christians the notion of the divine right of kings and of the absolute authority of the Pope persists to this day.(*) Leaders are held in high unapproachable esteem even though the Reformation supposedly taught us that we have the right to decide for ourselves who is and is not an appropriate leader.

- Adolph Hitler

"Protestant clergy donĂ­t believe in anything except their well-being and office".
"If there is a decay of conscience, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the public press lacks moral discernment, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the church is degenerate and worldly, the pulpit is responsible for it. If the world loses its interest in Christianity, the pulpit is responsible for it. If Satan rules in our halls of legislation, the pulpit is responsible for it. If our politics become so corrupt that their very foundations of our government are ready to fall away, the pulpit is responsible for it.
"
- Charles Finney

If the reader finds fault with the actions of a Christian, then perhaps such a person is walking through the world without the proper instructions - not given to him or her by a corrupt and debauched leadership.

(*) The Pope would discover very quickly he isn't infallible if he got married.
shepherds, i have met many who have carried themselves with dignity and respect, having the Holy Spirit as a helper to feed the flocks.

but ole belial and his who own nearly every form of media or broadcast. have intentionally miss represented the condition of the body of believers to be represented by a few wolves, and luciferians that have kept up a facade of lies to maintain power.

whats easily discerned is the fruitlessness of their labor, being that the ground is cursed to their hands and feet for taking the mark of the beast.

the death throes of the enemy has no effect on the Faithful.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
shepherds, i have met many who have carried themselves with dignity and respect, having the Holy Spirit as a helper to feed the flocks.

but ole belial and his who own nearly every form of media or broadcast. have intentionally miss represented the condition of the body of believers to be represented by a few wolves, and luciferians that have kept up a facade of lies to maintain power.

whats easily discerned is the fruitlessness of their labor, being that the ground is cursed to their hands and feet for taking the mark of the beast.

the death throes of the enemy has no effect on the Faithful.
this is also very true...

I was commenting on the video that was shown. the lines , the hot and cold were quite blurry and very fuzzy .. meaning luke warm is how I observed it from just such a little video.. but it sure conveys a message of blurriness at best , even allowing the homosexual lifestyle promoters on this site to think that that pastor approved of their lifestyles without repentance.
it all appeared quite luke warm to me..
but maybe that is a video editors real issue.
really we have to talk to that pastor to know what he is really teaching I guess.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
To the fundamentalists, it’s not about “having the open acceptance of Jesus to displaced, downtrodden, and alienated people.†To them, it’s all about sin and death and being saved from those things via the human blood sacrifice of Jesus to appease the wrath of God. To the fundamentalist, the very premise of your question is flawed.

So again, I ask you: which faction of Christianity is correct? The “liberals†or the “fundamentalists?†Each faction believes that they alone possess Christianity in its pure uncorrupted form. And naturally that bitter divide leads to conflict.

When will the Christian God, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, intervene and say which faction is right? Christianity is God’s own religion; surely God is dismayed at the deep divisions over theological matters. When will God make a statement on theological matters similar to the way that the pope does? If the pope can do it, then why can’t the all-powerful Christian God?
God has given us free will and intends to watch us use it for better or worse. I do not believe God intervenes for "His" people anymore than He punishes "evil" people.

Jesus changed the OT views of this.

Quote:
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same?
Matt 5:44-46

Old 06-15-2018, 05:02 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
we are all rotten sinners who need a savior so get used to it .. until he is done and we are in his kingdom.. better get familiar with the concept of repentance / coming into agreement with God on all matters.. .. or stay luke warm.. and Leodicean "church"ish and take your chances flirting with death...

I repent of my thoughts or my heart reactions nearly everyday I find something that just does not measure up to the best he is going to take me someday.
but Yes I have EVIL kind of sinned in my life and I needed to repent and turn from it..
matter of fact I just learned a terrible horride truth that the Lord revealed after all these trails and trials I have been on with him for almost 2 years or so.. anyone remember those "tribulations twins" I have been looking because the tribulation was going to happen shortly when I met them for well a very long time ... well here is the whole story!

was when I was young I had eating issues for a number of reasons like undiagnosed food allergies, some even nearly anaphylactic reactions , sever gut pains and unexplained spontaneous vomitous etc.. that at one point I just gave up on eating, consequently I lost two babies a set of identical twins for that choice I made ...and I didn't know I was pregnant but with all the gut pains and the weird periods I didn't know when I lost them either.. so in a strange way to my list of sins in my life I can add the fact that in a direct way I can add to my list murderer . and maybe why I always just melted in a ball of snot when someone would say the word "abortion". I would cry for all the babies I knew were aborted just from people around me . maybe because there was a hole in my life I didn't know I even had. where two beautiful baby girls should have been .
so even when you don't know your sinning chances are you are still sinning!!! sin is about stuff dieing!!! Spirits hearts, minds, souls, bodies.... and you are mocking death!! repent and choose life ....ask for his forgiveness for all the sins you have committed you don't' even know you even committed. you don't Yet know all the sins you have committed. there is always much need to repent/ turn and to come into agreement with God on all matters.. especially for the sins you know you are making!

Get used to repentance. first of all NO ONE IS a Christian IF YOU don't even start there at repentance for your sins and for all those things you could have done differently.
ps I met them!
I believe we should repent---mostly of how we disrespect other people. But God makes no promises to any of us. Believers should expect no more in this life than unbelievers.

Quote:
Is there any number of his armies? and on whom does not his light arise?
Job 25:3

Quote:
The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
Psalm 145:9

And did not God save Nineveh when the "Christians" of the day wanted it destroyed for the terrible evils it had done?

So how will you feel when God reaches out to His gay children and offers them the very same things He offers you?

Sin is about disrespecting God by disrespecting others, not by the words in a book that is treated as a contract rather than as a guide to have a covenant relationship with His Son.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I believe we should repent---mostly of how we disrespect other people. But God makes no promises to any of us. Believers should expect no more in this life than unbelievers.

Job 25:3

Psalm 145:9

And did not God save Nineveh when the "Christians" of the day wanted it destroyed for the terrible evils it had done?

So how will you feel when God reaches out to His gay children and offers them the very same things He offers you?

Sin is about disrespecting God by disrespecting others, not by the words in a book that is treated as a contract rather than as a guide to have a covenant relationship with His Son.
well that is your defintion of sins.. for sure..
why because sounding disrespectful to people is like the most important sin ? :P pleasse remember you implied that over and over and over !

and also might want remember that they killed Jesus not for being a sinner, they had trumped up some sins.. but they killed for being a meany and offending him offending their very real sins with all of His allegories he leveled them over and over .. in the most polite way told them the truth ! it was the truth that offended them. it is the truth that offends today too!

Old 06-15-2018, 05:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
why because sounding disrespectful to people is like the most important sin ? :P pleasse remember you implied that over and over and over !

and also might want remember that they killed Jesus not for being a sinner, they had trumped up some sins.. but they killed for being a meany and offending him offending their very real sins with all of His allegories he leveled them over and over .. in the most polite way told them the truth ! it was the truth that offended them. it is the truth that offends today too!
The ones that were offended were these bad boys and girls

Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, imposters! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin and you forsake the weighty things of the law: Justice, mercy and faith! It is necessary for you to do these things and you should not forsake them.

Those "you" call sinners, Jesus had all the time in the world for. While the fundies of Jesus' day were pointing their fingers at those "you" call sinners, Jesus went around healing them(not by pointing his finger at them). I suppose those fundies did Jesus a favor, for every time they pointed their finger and brought down their judgement upon those they accused of being sinners, Jesus was alerted to someone who needed healing.... by the way there is no greater healer than love and forgiveness.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The ones that were offended were these bad boys and girls

Woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, imposters! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin and you forsake the weighty things of the law: Justice, mercy and faith! It is necessary for you to do these things and you should not forsake them.

Those "you" call sinners, Jesus had all the time in the world for. While the fundies of Jesus' day were pointing their fingers at those "you" call sinners, Jesus went around healing them(not by pointing his finger at them). I suppose those fundies did Jesus a favor, for every time they pointed their finger and brought down their judgement upon those they accused of being sinners, Jesus was alerted to someone who needed healing.... by the way there is no greater healer than love and forgiveness.
it was a mixed group of militant and murderously offended who cried crucify.
ok so is it your belief
that men are good and a vengeful God (AKA at Jesus coming) as he drops out of the clouds of heaven with his attire of white on and "king of kings"written on his leg .... and as mountains melt before him, so is your belief is HE will either do nothing ever ? or do you really believe that he will stop good men from doing good things one day when he comes at the last trumpet?
because he says he will stop this one day when He comes from the clouds! he says if he doesn't stop it NO ONE WOULD survive !! that means you too.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:43 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:

Warden, calls Jesus(Yeshua a liar. In that "He made no promises"

And then cited the account of iyov.
Which is the go to book of the antichrist spirit.
Leave em be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity