Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 06:57 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,139,375 times

Advertisements

i follow my church as far as they follow god

Old 06-10-2018, 07:07 PM

88,125 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Oh, goody, another bible-verse copy-and-paster.

Off-topic, too.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh, goody, another bible-verse copy-and-paster.

Off-topic, too.
Stamp Collector's - lick'm and stick'm!

Old 06-10-2018, 10:35 PM

15,797 posts, read 6,223,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughboy View Post
How on earth did you manage to lose a debate against a Jehovah's Witness? Did they intimidate you? Were you not prepared to deal with their sensations? Seriously, I'll tell you what happened: you thought you knew so much at the time but had yet to learn basic doctrines of the church. I find this hard to believe from any Roman Catholic who has been confirmed. So you take up the challenge with the JW and lose all doctrines due to your lack of understanding and not their supreme knowledge.

Now I know how to debate a Roman Catholic properly, without the use of sensational rhetoric. As an Anglican, I not a Roman Catholic but share in common many views of the RCC. You being a JW have no knowledge of either Roman Catholic or Anglican Catholic if you lost a debate to a JW.

Let me guess, you don't know how to defend the Trinity?
ExCatholics are the biggest group of JW converts. It could be the Trinity thing but the Christmas/Easter pagan origins thing is big too, or at least it was back in the day. The hellfire doctrine isn't doing the Catholics any favors either. The child abuse probably hurt the Catholics church too but, as it turns out, the Watchtower is at least as bad with that one.

Is all that really has to happen to convert someone to another Christian sect is to find one flaw in the original belief system and the rest is easy because the heavy lifting of being a believer has already been implanted by the original sect. So I think what happens is more along the lines of the Watchtower knowing which doctrines people have issue with and exploiting that. Once any type of error is shown from the original sect the person is inclined to believe the new sect is telling the "Truth" about everything. Big mistake OP. Just because the Watchtower found a weak spot in your prior religion doesn't mean they are telling you reality either.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:18 PM

889 posts, read 819,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Of course you believe that the Catholic Church is the only church that Jesus created. That's a very good reason for you to be Catholic. But don't state it as if it's an indisputable fact, because it's not. And by the way, I don't know of any Catholic who worships his church. Finally, lest you think that because I don't believe your claims about Catholicism being the Church Jesus Christ established, I am at all anti-Catholic, you can think again. I do find Catholic cathedrals to be exceptionally beautiful. I definitely feel God's spirit when I'm in one of them.
I stated it correctly. And I know you are not anti-Catholic.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:59 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
I stated it correctly.
You stated your convictions, and I respect you for it. That is all any of us can do.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:31 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,267,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If someone says they are Christian, then they are Christian.
And if so then:

Not according to Jesus.

KJV Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Does Jesus see them as Christians?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Nope.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:45 PM

16,592 posts, read 15,532,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
If someone says they are Christian, then they are Christian.
Regardless of what any of the thousands of Christian denominations believe, this is the concept that we will use in this forum. The reasoning is in the Sticky thread at the top of the page.

If someone thinks it is their role to publicize their view that a Christian denomination is not "real Christianity," that post will be removed and the member dealt with.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:01 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And if so then:

Not according to Jesus.

KJV Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Does Jesus see them as Christians?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Nope.

Other than my personal belief, and respect for the rules of the place;

Why not leave the judgement of who is Christian and who is not Christian to Jesus? You do not get to decide,and you think you can step into the role. Jesus is not inviting you to judge other Christians.

Every denomination will tell you they are real Christians, and the rest are not Christian. The very idea is rubbish. You missed the entire point of that piece.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:04 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Stamp Collector's - lick'm and stick'm!

Akkk. Not an approved act of philately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity