Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:19 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times

Advertisements

A couple of weeks ago, televangelist Jesse Duplantis got a lot of press as he encouraged people to help him buy an expensive jet worth over 54 million dollars. In this youtube clip, him and Kenneth Copeland explain why they need these planes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

Now, it's obvious these two are crooks, but for the sake of the argument, if these guys really were changing the lives of people around the world, I wouldn't be against them having these jets. It's the pure fact that even when they use the planes to actually preach, they aren't having any real impact at all. They aren't changing the world. People are poor and broke when they arrive, and they remain that way when they leave. This wouldn't be the case if Jesus was traveling the world in this day and age. The Bible records that Jesus preached and did miracles. People were healed from things such as blindness, to having limbs restored. The same thing would happen if Peter, Paul, and the original disciples were traveling the world today. Ain't nothing happening with Jesse Duplantis, Creflo Dollar, and Kenneth Copeland. We still got major problems here in our home country, problems derived from the oldest of sins such as slavery. Yet none of these crooks dare talk about those things nor seek to heal the people. They are jumping over the mission field to get to mission fields in other countries, and still getting nothing done.

What y'all think about these guys? Like I said, if Jesse was actually doing something, if people were getting healed and changing their countries for the better, I would pitch in and get him that plane! Just like the people of Israel gave to Moses to help build the Tabernacle and all the items therein. They knew God was in that work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 09:22 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
A couple of weeks ago, televangelist Jesse Duplantis got a lot of press as he encouraged people to help him buy an expensive jet worth over 54 million dollars. In this youtube clip, him and Kenneth Copeland explain why they need these planes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdH2DGSXjss

Now, it's obvious these two are crooks, but for the sake of the argument, if these guys really were changing the lives of people around the world, I wouldn't be against them having these jets. It's the pure fact that even when they use the planes to actually preach, they aren't having any real impact at all. They aren't changing the world. People are poor and broke when they arrive, and they remain that way when they leave. This wouldn't be the case if Jesus was traveling the world in this day and age. The Bible records that Jesus preached and did miracles. People were healed from things such as blindness, to having limbs restored. The same thing would happen if Peter, Paul, and the original disciples were traveling the world today. Ain't nothing happening with Jesse Duplantis, Creflo Dollar, and Kenneth Copeland. We still got major problems here in our home country, problems derived from the oldest of sins such as slavery. Yet none of these crooks dare talk about those things nor seek to heal the people. They are jumping over the mission field to get to mission fields in other countries, and still getting nothing done.

What y'all think about these guys? Like I said, if Jesse was actually doing something, if people were getting healed and changing their countries for the better, I would pitch in and get him that plane! Just like the people of Israel gave to Moses to help build the Tabernacle and all the items therein. They knew God was in that work.
Just another greedy faker.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:33 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Just another greedy faker.
I would use another word instead of "greedy."

Old 06-11-2018, 11:24 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenese View Post
a couple of weeks ago, televangelist jesse duplantis got a lot of press as he encouraged people to help him buy an expensive jet worth over 54 million dollars. In this youtube clip, him and kenneth copeland explain why they need these planes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adh2dgsxjss

now, it's obvious these two are crooks, but for the sake of the argument, if these guys really were changing the lives of people around the world, i wouldn't be against them having these jets. It's the pure fact that even when they use the planes to actually preach, they aren't having any real impact at all. They aren't changing the world. People are poor and broke when they arrive, and they remain that way when they leave. This wouldn't be the case if jesus was traveling the world in this day and age. The bible records that jesus preached and did miracles. People were healed from things such as blindness, to having limbs restored. The same thing would happen if peter, paul, and the original disciples were traveling the world today. Ain't nothing happening with jesse duplantis, creflo dollar, and kenneth copeland. We still got major problems here in our home country, problems derived from the oldest of sins such as slavery. Yet none of these crooks dare talk about those things nor seek to heal the people. They are jumping over the mission field to get to mission fields in other countries, and still getting nothing done.

What y'all think about these guys? Like i said, if jesse was actually doing something, if people were getting healed and changing their countries for the better, i would pitch in and get him that plane! Just like the people of israel gave to moses to help build the tabernacle and all the items therein. They knew god was in that work.
crooks?

Not according to all those people who believe in them and send them money, why, they must be the most righteous people around and i can see how Jesse would need his own jet to be alone with god himself in order to pray for people like me.

How dare anyone speak about the lord's anointed!

How can somebody open they mouths against the true servants of god who walk around filled with the spirit healing people?

How much should a person give jesse after he has healed the blind and made the deaf hear, and how much should we pay when we see our relatives raised from the dead to sit up right there in their casket.

The lord is not going to forget what you say of his anointed.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:54 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
crooks?

Not according to all those people who believe in them and send them money, why, they must be the most righteous people around and i can see how Jesse would need his own jet to be alone with god himself in order to pray for people like me.

How can somebody open they mouths against the true servants of god who walk around filled with the spirit healing people?

How much should a person give jesse after he has healed the blind and made the deaf hear, and how much should we pay when we see our relatives raised from the dead to sit up right there in their casket.

Are you saying lives are being changed due to Jesse's work?

Old 06-11-2018, 01:01 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
These guys will have account for their lives and ways to God someday. He will judge them accordingly. That's the only thing that will get through to them; past their self-seeking mindsets. Nothing we say or do down here will change them.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:31 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
I call them grifters.

grift
[ɡrift]
VERB
engage in petty swindling.
NOUN
a petty swindle.
synonyms: sham · fraud · pretense · imposture · hoax · fake · misrepresentation · blind · wile · artifice · Trojan horse · trick · stratagem · device · ruse · scheme · dodge · maneuver · contrivance · machination · deception · subterfuge · cheat · swindle · confidence trick · con · con trick · setup · game · scam · sting · gyp · leg-pull · flimflam · wheeze · bunco ·

Old 06-11-2018, 02:28 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I call them grifters.

grift
[ɡrift]
VERB
engage in petty swindling.
NOUN
a petty swindle.
synonyms: sham · fraud · pretense · imposture · hoax · fake · misrepresentation · blind · wile · artifice · Trojan horse · trick · stratagem · device · ruse · scheme · dodge · maneuver · contrivance · machination · deception · subterfuge · cheat · swindle · confidence trick · con · con trick · setup · game · scam · sting · gyp · leg-pull · flimflam · wheeze · bunco ·
You are being too kind to them.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:33 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
crooks?

Let's up the ante and say DAMN THEM VIPERS AND LIARS!

Old 06-11-2018, 04:30 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Let's up the ante and say DAMN THEM VIPERS AND LIARS!
We can do better than that for the ambassadors of God, we should all send them money!.

Heavenese, do you doubt God's own messengers?

Millions of people are running around claiming to have the Holy spirit, so tell me, why doesn't Jesse or Kenneth Copeland or Joel Osteen deserve things much greater than their congregation? The sheep who follow these men need to be fleeced. LOL, yeah, like these men represent God, and if you are so uninformed as to fall for what these people say, maybe you shouldn't have money in the first place.

I mean, what do all these preachers have to do with the first Christianity? If I follow the ways of God to the point of choosing a priest, it sure isn't going to be a pretend priest who has not fulfilled the requirements for a Gentile to become a priest. Anyone who is fooled by these fake, pretend charletons to the priesthood doesn't need they money to begin with.

I don't just say this about TV Evangelicals, but to the Baptist, to the Catholic, and to each brand of modern Christianity to the Protestant who doesn't even know he is a Catholic although he follows what is wholly Catholic law set in place and instituted to replace the laws of Moses.

There is nothing wrong with being a viper, and every person reading this is a viper, and when Jesus sent out the disciples, he said,'' Be innocent as doves but wise as serpents.'' Everyone has the ability to speak from their father Satan because everyone is his son.

But what difference is there between Jesse Duplantis, Kenneth Copeland, Joel Osteen against any other preacher who has the same Babylonian worship system and whose congregation are Gentiles with no ambition to become Israel?

Christians will always look the same to me, I always see the first king of Israel,'' Jeroboam.''

I see Constantine who outlawed the Sabbaths, feasts, traditions and rituals of God under penalty of death.

I look at the Protestant and I see a Catholic who still stands behind the word of Martin Luther, a Catholic that thinks he isn't a Catholic when his religion and law is Catholic religion and law, and all of these are against Jerusalem.

I look at Christians and I see Gentiles separated from the commonwealth of Israel and who will never have an inheritance in Israel that they should be gathered to the mountains of Israel with God's people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity