Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 03:49 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He wasn't describing life Eternal (aidios) for the believer or Eternal (aidios) damnation for those deemed unworthy, that's why he didn't use the word aidios. Read this without a preconceived bias: ETERNITY EXPLAINED
I am. I see the words Jesus said. I don't need any extra help to understand.

You on the other hand want me to read other people's opinions because you can't stomach what Jesus plainly said.

You need to take your own advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 03:51 PM

435 posts, read 248,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Is Heaven eternal? Yes or no?
Which heaven are you referring to? The first, second or third:

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth; such an one caught up to the third heaven."

Deuteronomy 10:14
Behold, to the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, and the earth and everything in it.

Psalm 148:4
Praise Him, O highest heavens, and you waters above the skies.

Do you believe heaven and earth will pass away:

Matthew 5:18
For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Mark 13:31
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be dissolved in the fire, and the earth and its works will not be found.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:58 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
NO!

Why don't you tell us what you have learned on this link today Jimmiej regarding aionios and aidios?
So what will happen to us when Heaven is over?

Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 PM

7,530 posts, read 2,971,214 times
Quote:
There isn't a snowball chance in hell that I would ever follow the lie or false teaching of eternal damnation.
It never ceases to amaze me that the Savior of all mankind instructs His 12 disciples to gather of leftover scraps of fish and bread "that nothing be lost

BUT

The souls/spirits of those for whom He died as the propitiation for the hilasmos of holos loses 99.9%! Oh please!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:03 PM

Quote:
There isn't a snowball chance in hell that I would ever follow the lie or false teaching of eternal damnation.
It never ceases to amaze me that the Savior of all mankind instructs His 12 disciples to gather up leftover scraps of fish and bread "that nothing be lost"

BUT

The souls/spirits of those for whom He died as the propitiation for the hilasmos of holos loses 99.9%! Oh please!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
You did not answer the question! What have you learned regarding aionios and aidios on this link today!

Old 06-14-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
You did not answer the question! What have you learned regarding aionios and aidios on this link today!
What link?

Old 06-14-2018, 04:28 PM

435 posts, read 248,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
So the word that means eternal has deceptively been translated as eternal or everlasting?
Men following the Douay & KJV traditions of men of "the church" of the Inquisitions, Crusades & dark ages have been caught in a deception (Jer.8:8-9):

Considering, then, that the Greek word aionios has a range of meanings, biased men should not have rendered the word in Mt.25:46 by their theological opinions as "everlasting". Thus they did not translate the word, but interpreted it. OTOH the versions with age-lasting, eonian & the like gave faithful translations & left the interpreting up to the readers as to what specific meaning within the "range of meanings" the word holds in any specific context. What biased scholars after the Douay & KJV traditions of the dark ages "church" have done is change the words of Scriptures to their own opinions, which is shameful.

Jeremiah 8:8 "How can you say, 'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie.
9 "The wise men are put to shame, They are dismayed and caught; Behold, they have rejected the word of the LORD..."

"After all, not only Walvoord, Buis, and Inge, but all intelligent students acknowledge that olam and aiõn sometimes refer to limited duration. Here is my point: The supposed special reference or usage of a word is not the province of the translator but of the interpreter. Since these authors themselves plainly indicate that the usage of a word is a matter of interpretation, it follows (1) that it is not a matter of translation, and (2) that it is wrong for any translation effectually to decide that which must necessarily remain a matter of interpretation concerning these words in question. Therefore, olam and aiõn should never be translated by the thought of “endlessness,” but only by that of indefinite duration (as in the anglicized transliteration “eon” which appears in the Concordant Version)."

https://www.concordant.org/expositio...on-part-three/

"Add not to His words, lest He reason with thee, And thou hast been found false."(Prov.30:6)

Old 06-14-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
What link?

Jimmiej: what part of "this" evades your grasp?

"Should I worship Him from fear of hell, may I be cast into it. Should I serve Him from desire of gaining heaven, may He keep me out. But should I worship Him from love alone, He reveals Himself to me, that my whole heart may be filled with His love and presence." -Sundar Singh-

Old 06-14-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Jimmiej: what part of "this" evades your grasp?

"Should I worship Him from fear of hell, may I be cast into it. Should I serve Him from desire of gaining heaven, may He keep me out. But should I worship Him from love alone, He reveals Himself to me, that my whole heart may be filled with His love and presence." -Sundar Singh-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity