Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 05:30 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Welcome to the team, as one of our honorary members of those he ignores.
But it was such an easy question! Darn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm curious, SumTingy, how many teachings can a person get wrong and still be saved? Is it like a true-false test where there are 100 questions about Christian doctrine and if you miss any, it's off to eternal torment for you? Or can you maybe miss a couple. Maybe you're still good enough for Heaven if you get a score of 98%. Or maybe certain question are weighted more heavily. Maybe there's a question about baptism, for instance. Maybe it has to be by immersion but you believe that sprinkling is okay. Are you going to burn in hell because you were wrong about that one? Suppose you are not a Bible literalist but interpret some of its passages figuratively? Is that grounds for eternal damnation? Maybe as long as you believe in the Trinity, though, you get extra credit points and those offset some of your wrong answers. Seriously?

How does someone's misunderstanding of any doctrine negate what Christ did on the cross? Good grief, man, what power you're giving us fallible human beings!
You make false assumptions. I never said heaven based upon a score.

It doesn’t matter what you get right if you are wrong about Jesus. If you disregard His atonement on the cross, purposely misrepresent the Father’s Word, and mislead others into heresy, then I would say that would mark you as in extreme danger.

I don’t consign anyone to hell. But when the Creator of the universe tells you Truth, it is wise to take heed. To listen to a person that counter argues His Word is just stupid. Step away from the silliness and put our faith in Him

Old 06-22-2018, 06:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Welcome to the team, as one of our honorary members of those he ignores.
Call it hubris...but I'm pretty sure I lead the pack when it comes to being put on fundies' ignore lists. I'm often their first.

Most CD fundies lose their Ignore virginity with me.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:13 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Are you inferring from "what you notice" Rose is telling some truth? Perhaps you could start with the truths and tell me what it is mixed with.
do you know the difference between a good lie and bad lie..
a bad lie is only 20% truth and a good lie is about 80% truth and everyone who at their core only agrees with God thus believes 79% of God's presented truths themselves will likely fall for that lie ..
Now the greatest of lies ( like Eve dealt with ) and from the greatest of liars( like the father liars ) is 90 to 99% truth .. and most everyone will fall for it who is not listening and following to the one who is 100% truth.. so good luck..
but no I don't see enough truth there that I will fall for it.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-22-2018 at 07:29 PM..

Old 06-22-2018, 07:17 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Call it hubris...but I'm pretty sure I lead the pack when it comes to being put on fundies' ignore lists. I'm often their first.

Most CD fundies lose their Ignore virginity with me.
It is always so much fun when a newbie pops up and starts threatening to put you on ignore, then you see them threaten everybody, and others who don't get a threat feel left out when they don't get a threat.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:31 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
boy aren't you proud of yourselves..

Old 06-22-2018, 07:33 PM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It is always so much fun when a newbie pops up and starts threatening to put you on ignore, then you see them threaten everybody, and others who don't get a threat feel left out when they don't get a threat.
It is simple. Some post nothing of value to read. They have nothing to offer other than a disturbance of electrons.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
It is simple. Some post nothing of value to read. They have nothing to offer other than a disturbance of electrons.

Quoth one of the leading wielders of a FODI.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You make false assumptions. I never said heaven based upon a score.
You never said that heaven was based upon a score, but you did say, "He does not tolerate false gods and teachings like Universalism."

Quote:
It doesn’t matter what you get right if you are wrong about Jesus.
Unless it is that He atoned for the sins of all mankind, because evidently that crosses some kind of line.

Quote:
If you disregard His atonement on the cross, purposely misrepresent the Father’s Word, and mislead others into heresy, then I would say that would mark you as in extreme danger.
I most definitely accept Christ's Atonement and I would never purposely misrepresent the Father's Word or lead anyone into heresy. The problem is that we all define "heresy" differently, so it's entirely possible that I might lead someone to believe something different that you do. I don't think that puts either of us in "extreme danger," as God knows that we are both sincere in what we believe.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal flavius View Post
it is always so much fun when a newbie pops up and starts threatening to put you on ignore, then you see them threaten everybody, and others who don't get a threat feel left out when they don't get a threat.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity