Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
My mother was real, not a character in a story.

Would you have a conniption if somebody on the net was dissing Athena or Shiva?
You didn't answer the question...

Jesus is real. That's what we believe. You could just deal with people where they are and not be a smart aleck... but I am aware that we are your entertainment - so carry on, I guess...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 01:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You didn't answer the question...

Jesus is real. That's what we believe. You could just deal with people where they are and not be a smart aleck... but I am aware that we are your entertainment - so carry on, I guess...

I answered the question. Like most fundies, you don't like the answer.

Now answer mine: Would you get your panties in a bunch if someone online dissed Shiva or Athena?

Old 06-20-2018, 01:18 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://americaneedsfatima.org/forms...6.html?lang=en

An internet company is hosting a web page called SCUMBAG Virgin Mary memes. This is an attack on our Blessed Mother. Will you join us in asking them to take down this page? Add your name at https://americaneedsfatima.org/forms...6.html?lang=en.

This is very strange and sick. Just informing you of it, you don't need to add your name.

"The internet hosting company Linode, out of Philadelphia, is hosting a blasphemous web page called SCUMBAG Virgin Mary memes.

The memes on this page GRIEVOUSLY blaspheme The Immaculate Heart of Mary and by the very nature of a meme, these blasphemies are meant to be quickly spread throughout the whole world via the web."

Well, we all need to work out our salvation, seems these people are trying to work out their damnation.
Don't worry Janelle, when we get to heaven they will already be prostrate watching us walk through, and then I will kick them while they are down, cause it would be improper to you even to notice them. They gonna be hell to pay.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:21 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Salvation is GRACE as demonstrated with the thief on the cross...NOT WORKS..

Curious as to how it is possible to blaspheme a mere mortal?

As for the "blessed" mother I would remind her of the words of her son...

Matthew 5:11 ►

New International Version

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Good one, also may we add Luke 23:34, for it clears us when ... Matthew 6:14 & 15.

PCY

Old 06-20-2018, 02:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
But what does this say about her son Jesus when they call his mother a ****?
Jesus stands alone on His own, just as you do when someone calls your mother ******.

Jesus does not depend on His mortal mother for ANYTHING. Jesus is GREATER than any mere mortal, even dear old mom.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Don't worry Janelle, when we get to heaven they will already be prostrate watching us walk through, and then I will kick them while they are down, cause it would be improper to you even to notice them. They gonna be hell to pay.
Strange, god just told me the opposite and you will never guess whose names He mentioned...

KICK EM WHEN THEY ARE DOWN..How mighty christ like are you? Remember in heaven FASCISM is DEAD and so is BIGOTRY and HATE.

I am amazed that some believe this idea of KICKING THEM WHOLE THEY ARE DOWN is a golden ticket to paradise..

Old 06-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I answered the question. Like most fundies, you don't like the answer.

Now answer mine: Would you get your panties in a bunch if someone online dissed Shiva or Athena?
Shiva and Athena are just another name for Mary, right?

Old 06-20-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess that means you condone calling your mom a -----. Sticks and stones, right?

I am not saying you would agree, but you would just shrug your shoulders and move on with life.
You would wilt like a raisin in the sun if you heard the names my mother was called..most lived to regret it;and I grew up carrying out the old family tradition.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Timothy 1:13

Forget it and move on................................................ ..........

Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
The thief on the cross has a name you do not know because your church was not there at the crucifixion.

Not works?

Dismas (the good thief) - rebuked Gestas the bad thief - when one is crucified, it is horrifically painful to talk. It took a LOT of effort to do that.

Second, Dismas repented to Jesus - again, a lot of effort and pain to do that talking.

Those are works, cooperating with the grace he had received. Without repentance (a work!), salvation can't happen (Luke 13:5)

Guess not all scripture is inspired in your church.

And feel free to ignore Luke 1:42, Luke 1:48.

Guess not all scripture is inspired in your church.
NO scripture is inspired. It is all man made and supports misogyny, fascism and bigotry. I am guessing not all "churches" teach the words of Christ and practice serving the marginalized huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity