Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:45 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,338,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
How do you give up yourself for the Father's will, pneuma? I'm not trying to be difficult, here, I'm just wanting to get a handle on what you're saying beyond the Christianese.
Whatever God directs you to do you do it, tis that simple. God imo tells us to let your first thought be love and do everything in love. And I can tell you I am happier when I do that then when I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Okay. I don't see that as a sacrifice on God's part but I won't pursue it.
I have talked with others that don't see it as a sacrifice either, but for me, I being a father myself would keep every hurt from my children.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
Okay. I don't see that as a sacrifice on God's part but I won't pursue it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I have talked with others that don't see it as a sacrifice either, but for me,
I being a father myself would keep every hurt from my children.
And yet, with respect, if we or our children never felt a hurt we would become Bubble Boys; protected from learning and feeling all there is...God has sweet AND bitter fruits...imo...at least here in this place/dimension.

Well, this could make a whole other topic...and a very good one.

It is so common to say God so loved the world He sacrificed His only son.
Did He? Was it a sacrifice? (Oh, the Christian gasps...)
*This is not said or posed as any offense to Christians, btw.*
But, rather, takes a common, repetitive sentence drilled into us as Christian children to task.

HOW could God be sacrificing a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g? He as The One All-Seeing Spirit that dwells
in a place unimaginable to our little minds of no time, so space, no future...all is happening simultaneously
for Him. (Unless you do not believe that or never experienced this state of consciousness before.)

I have always thought as an adult, that is, that Christianity is good intentioned, but SO limiting...it places God in a box and keeps us separate from Him and Heaven a thing only as an afterlife experience. Huh?

It's a religion of duality extraordinaire....far and near, good and evil, you and me, Him and us,
us and them, believers and non-believers, saved and unsaved.
What a limiting, non expansive mind set...God and our minds are placed in a box.

My take. (And aren't many religions this way....good intentioned, but they miss so much.)

Then, if one ventures out to explore other experiences or beliefs he is mocked by those in those
very boxes, shouting behind the bars of their own prisons;
just as Jonathon Livingston Seagull was....mocked by those below as he soared higher and higher.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:35 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,322,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I have talked with others that don't see it as a sacrifice either, but for me, I being a father myself would keep every hurt from my children.
Just something to consider: would your children want you to do that if you could?

Old 07-06-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
And yet, with respect, if we or our children never felt a hurt we would become Bubble Boys; protected from learning and feeling all there is...God has sweet AND bitter fruits...imo...at least here in this place/dimension.

Well, this could make a whole other topic...and a very good one.

It is so common to say God so loved the world He sacrificed His only son.
Did He? Was it a sacrifice? (Oh, the Christian gasps...)
*This is not said or posed as any offense to Christians, btw.*
But, rather, takes a common, repetitive sentence drilled into us as Christian children to task.

HOW could God be sacrificing a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g? He as The One All-Seeing Spirit that dwells
in a place unimaginable to our little minds of no time, so space, no future...all is happening simultaneously
for Him. (Unless you do not believe that or never experienced this state of consciousness before.)

I have always thought as an adult, that is, that Christianity is good intentioned, but SO limiting...it places God in a box and keeps us separate from Him and Heaven a thing only as an afterlife experience. Huh?

It's a religion of duality extraordinaire....far and near, good and evil, you and me, Him and us,
us and them, believers and non-believers, saved and unsaved.
What a limiting, non expansive mind set...God and our minds are placed in a box.

My take. (And aren't many religions this way....good intentioned, but they miss so much.)

Then, if one ventures out to explore other experiences or beliefs he is mocked by those in those
very boxes, shouting behind the bars of their own prisons;
just as Jonathon Livingston Seagull was....mocked by those below as he soared higher and higher.
Quote:
Just something to consider: would your children want you to do that if you could?
I am not talking about a correction, the spare the rod spoil the child scenario. I am talking about sending ones child into the evil that is in this world.

Would my children want me to keep them from being molested, murdered, tied up in animals skins and eaten by dogs, etc type <bleep>.

Now do you think you would keep your children from that if you could and do you think your children would want you to do that for them if you could?

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: language

Old 07-06-2018, 09:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,236,632 times
pneuma, of course....about our kids.
We have to broaden our perspective and understanding, tho....that God is God...a Spirit that sees all...knows that this place is not real, only a play, a dream...actors on a stage...that our souls are eternal and we are in a sleep. He is 'above' seeing the whole thing....He would know that Jesus would be released from the physical limited body and join Him in Spirit...He would have him, so to speak, back Home where He belongs.
(I don't personally believe God sent Jesus here to suffer and die, btw...but that's another topic.)

Old 07-06-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
pneuma, of course....about our kids.
We have to broaden our perspective and understanding, tho....that God is God...a Spirit that sees all...knows that this place is not real, only a play, a dream...actors on a stage...that our souls are eternal and we are in a sleep. He is 'above' seeing the whole thing....He would know that Jesus would be released from the physical limited body and join Him in Spirit...He would have him, so to speak, back Home where He belongs.
(I don't personally believe God sent Jesus here to suffer and die, btw...but that's another topic.)
neither do I (at least not in the common understanding) and that is part of my point, the other part is as I said, myself being a father would not put my children through hell. so for me that the Father did so is a sacrifice I myself would not be willing to make.

It's not a big issue guys i am just explaining why I see it as a sacrifice, you guys do not have to agree with my reasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity