Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 02:28 AM

998 posts, read 436,702 times

Advertisements

According to the spirit of Ama, Adam is our spirit and Eve is our physical body. What we are like God is the spirit. God is a spirit (John 4:24).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 06:04 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
According to the spirit of Ama, Adam is our spirit and Eve is our physical body. What we are like God is the spirit. God is a spirit (John 4:24).
GINOLJC, to all.

Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this. Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have".

here clearly, the Lord Jesus says he's a spirit, but with flesh and bones. (one need to stop and think on what the Lord Just said).

and the apostle Thomas confirm that he, the Lord Jesus is God, John 20:26-29 "And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed".

Here, Thomas, and the other apostle in the room, have seen the risen Lord Jesus in his resurrected body, but, (in appearance only, for he had not yet ascended). the complete image is ye to come. the apostle John states in his first epistle,1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is".

so the Image of God is in the appearance, and substance ONLY in the NATURAL, now, but the power is yet to be revealed.

PICYJGA

Old 08-13-2018, 12:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Colossians 1:15 "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature".

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us".

if God is with us, then God is with us.

for this child is called the MIGHTY GOD, the EVERLASTING Father.

but the question begs to be answered is this the Son of God or the Son of Man?. lets see,

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Peace in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 1:23 is a mistranslation of Isaiah 7:14...

Old 08-13-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
People are over thinking this one.......Adam and Eve were created in the image of the creator the first prototypes, created perfect and clearly able to converse with God. They had the Spirit to lose. We are born spiritually dead in need of new life from the risen Jesus. Just look around, we all resemble our parents, beautiful parents, beautiful kids. It's not rocket science.
Obviously Adam and Chava were not created perfect...

Old 08-13-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Matthew 1:23 is a mistranslation of Isaiah 7:14...
first thanks for the reply, second, NOPE.

PCYJAG

Old 08-13-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
first thanks for the reply, second, NOPE.

PCYJAG
First, thanks for the reply, second, YUP...

Old 08-13-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
First, thanks for the reply, second, YUP...
Naaaaaaa, you been duped that sign points to Isaiah 9:6 which was fulfilled in Matthew 1:23

PICYJAG

Old 08-14-2018, 08:18 PM

10,030 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The rest of us created in the image of our parents..........yes we are....
Of course we are, because our original parents ( Adam and Eve ) created a flaw or a defect in themselves.
Kind of like a cookie cutter with a dent in it, then all the cookies come with the same dent it them.
We did Not inherit father Adam's guilt, but we did inherit his tendency / leaning toward wrongdoing.
Through Jesus we can be made upright or righteous starting with the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:26 PM

10,030 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Obviously Adam and Chava were not created perfect...
Adam was created with human perfection being offered everlasting life on Earth 'if' keeping God's Law.
Because free-willed Adam chose to break God's Law then Adam lost his human perfection and slowly died.
Because we can Not stop sinning is why we die. If we could stop sinning we would Not die.
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need some who can resurrect us - Rev.1:18 - Jesus can and will.
During Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over Earth for a thousand years is when resurrected mankind can gain human perfection with everlasting life forever on Earth in view as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Jesus will undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon us.
Even our last enemy ' enemy death ' will be brought to nothing according to 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:17 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Brainwashing 101. Amen : ok:

Must really suck not being able to think for yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity