Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:34 PM

18,845 posts, read 6,863,248 times

Advertisements

Once again, completely unsurprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 12:42 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I don’t believe in a literal seven day creation.

How donyou explain neanderthals and evolution? Were Adam and Eve neanderthals?
I don't believe in a literal seven day creation either.

How do I explain neanderthals? the same way I explain pygmies and mighty men who are giants in the bible.

and as for evolution? God controlled. did you not read? John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

now concering evolution, did not God say, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so", and Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven".

all the variety, species, class, or group, and the diversity of life on this planet is by God allowing it, or guiding it.

so in evolution, "Adaption" and Micro evolution occur by God command.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:05 PM

1,178 posts, read 681,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
I don't believe in a literal seven day creation either.

How do I explain neanderthals? the same way I explain pygmies and mighty men who are giants in the bible.

and as for evolution? God controlled. did you not read? John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".

now concering evolution, did not God say, "Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so", and Genesis 1:20 "And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven".

all the variety, species, class, or group, and the diversity of life on this planet is by God allowing it, or guiding it.

so in evolution, "Adaption" and Micro evolution occur by God command.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
What about macro evolution?

I don’t understand your explanation about the giants and pygmies. You said you explain it the same way, but not actually how that is.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
What about macro evolution?

I don’t understand your explanation about the giants and pygmies. You said you explain it the same way, but not actually how that is.
what is there to understand, they are all humans. and macro evolution happens in all species including man, hence the the giants and pygmies, that's nothing new.

and when I say Giant's I'm talking biblical giants. not Gulliver's Travels types giants.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
what is there to understand, they are all humans. and macro evolution happens in all species including man, hence the the giants and pygmies, that's nothing new.

and when I say Giant's I'm talking biblical giants. not Gulliver's Travels types giants.

Peace in Christ Yeshua.
So if I am reading you correctly you are accepting of theistic evolution, essentially?

Old 07-25-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
So if I am reading you correctly you are accepting of theistic evolution, essentially?
No, did you not read what i posted, go back over what I said.

now do you accept theistic view yes or no.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
No, did you not read what i posted, go back over what I said.

now do you accept theistic view yes or no.
Then i am not sure what you mean. You are not being particularly clear with how you can say all these things happened, but how exactly do you believe they happened? All being himan, pygmies, and giants are not what evolution is about. I truly don’t understand what
Your understanding of creation is.

Yea, I accept theistic evolution. It is one of the reasons I don’t accept a historical Adam and Eve—for that matter, also why I don’t accept a six day creation, or a literal worldwide flood. There is no scientific evidence for any of them. That doesn’t mean God didn’t guide it or create it.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Then i am not sure what you mean. You are not being particularly clear with how you can say all these things happened, but how exactly do you believe they happened? All being himan, pygmies, and giants are not what evolution is about. I truly don’t understand what
Your understanding of creation is.

Yea, I accept theistic evolution. It is one of the reasons I don’t accept a historical Adam and Eve—for that matter, also why I don’t accept a six day creation, or a literal worldwide flood. There is no scientific evidence for any of them. That doesn’t mean God didn’t guide it or create it.
well I do accept the Historical Adam and Eve. and yes pygmies, and giants are what evolution is about, and adaptation is certainly evolutionary.

I suggest you read up on Adaptation, and Gene mutation for starters.

from the scientific area on Adam and Eve since you say they are not historical events, or entities.

Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee".

here the word "conception" means pregnancy. it's the Hebrew word,
H2032 הֵרוֹן herown (hay-rone') n-m.
הֵרָיוֹן herayown (hay-raw-yone')
pregnancy.
[from H2029]
KJV: conception.

pregnancy is a none fictional action, and on top of that God said that he was going to multiply or Increase it. it's a scientific fact that one cannot increase something unless it already happen or in motion.

example. a car sitting still cannot increase, or multiply it's speed unless it's already in motion, THAT'S A SCIENTIFIC FACT. same as with Eve, God increase here pain and pregnancy in baring children. so these scientific facts keeping on poping up to be non historical event.

this took place in the garden before they got kicked out.

so these events are real and backed up by scientific facts.

and there are other scientific fact for the creation, but that's another story, or topic.

Peace in Christ Yeshua, Jesus.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:53 PM

919 posts, read 603,713 times
Quote:
Maybe Adam and Eve are allegorical.
Yes, the Adam & Eve story is allegory for the process of leaving the presence of All That Is (the Garden of Eden) into the physical world of incarnation.

Before we choose to embark on the physical journey we live in a state of perfection & have no understanding of pain nor suffering nor of the duality of love v fear (ALL emotions come from either love or fear)
Although we are created in a state of perfection we are devoid of experience & therefore live in a state of ignorant bliss.

We CHOOSE to embark on this journey to EARN our right to return to the state of perfection from whence we originated. (Or as Christians would say; 'to sit at the right-hand of God')
Why? How can one understand or appreciate love if one has never experienced fear?

Old 07-26-2018, 04:40 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,580,920 times
Quote:
well I do accept the Historical Adam and Eve. and yes pygmies, and giants are what evolution is about, and adaptation is certainly evolutionary.
Bet you also believe in talking snakes and donkeys?

Is that evolution or majik?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity