Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 08:08 PM

919 posts, read 603,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus said it is hard. Some choose to follow Paul to their own destruction.

Apparently you have not found it.
Saul/Paul was an unabashed self-confessed liar. He never met the Rabbi Jesus & admitted that he was ignorant of his teachings. So he made stuff up. This angered the Rabbis students who not only called him a 'false apostle' but chased him off to Greece where they loved a ripping good yarn about supernatural 'sons of Gods'.

It's in the Bible so why do most Christians refuse to acknowledge this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 08:19 PM

1,183 posts, read 529,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
That is funny, yes he has tried to make people think there are no demons. But hell does not exist in the bible, nowhere. It many exist in your bible translation, but it is not in the greek scriptures.

Hades, gehenna, tartarus have been mistranslated into hell. Hell started with Plato in the 5th century BC, then Tertullian and Athenagoras both being educated in greek mythology brought it into the church in the 2nd century, they even put a spin on it by saying man had an immortal soul.

There is no reason for anyone to believe in hell in the 21 century, the internet is at their fingertips.
Not only hell is real many will suffer eternal damnation. Universalists are in extreme danger. Turn or burn

Verses About Eternity
Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15
Hebrews 9:27John 3:16, 36

Verses About Hell
Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10
Matthew 13:41,50; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8
Matthew 13:50 Mark 9:48 Revelation 14:10
Revelation 14:11
Revelation 20:14
Revelation 20:15

Old 07-26-2018, 08:31 PM

3,220 posts, read 909,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Saul/Paul was an unabashed self-confessed liar. He never met the Rabbi Jesus & admitted that he was ignorant of his teachings. So he made stuff up. This angered the Rabbis students who not only called him a 'false apostle' but chased him off to Greece where they loved a ripping good yarn about supernatural 'sons of Gods'.

I would love to read it. Where is the proof?

I believe Paul was an impostor so give me the verses. That would further reinforce it.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:25 PM

168 posts, read 68,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post

hmmm...wasn't it Jesus that stopped Paul on the road to damascus? Wasn't it Jesus that blinded Paul? Wasn't it Jesus that lead to his conversion?

Hold your tongue sir, the tongue is an evil devise.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:20 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
... many will suffer eternal damnation.
Eternal damnation...eternal?
Oh my, I'm glad my Father God would never do that ...not even an earthly father would...
Well, he would have to be one demented, mentally ill person...it doesn't even make sense except to a demon of some kind, with NO love in him, that relishes places his own offspring in utter misery...forever...no chance of learning, changing, repenting.

Imagine, a Father Creator with the brilliance to create and maintain Galaxies stooping to such a thing, wow.
You would think an Infinite Being of pure genius would realize mercy and forgiveness is the way to go... and come up with a plan to teach his kids.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:20 AM

1,183 posts, read 529,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Eternal damnation...eternal?
Oh my, I'm glad my Father God would never do that ...not even an earthly father would...
Well, he would have to be one demented, mentally ill person...it doesn't even make sense except to a demon of some kind, with NO love in him, that relishes places his own offspring in utter misery...forever...no chance of learning, changing, repenting.

Imagine, a Father Creator with the brilliance to create and maintain Galaxies stooping to such a thing, wow.
You would think an Infinite Being of pure genius would realize mercy and forgiveness is the way to go... and come up with a plan to teach his kids.
Let us reason.

Nearly everyone has gone through tremendous loss; death of a family member, be in unending pain, watch a suffering pet who has always stood by you euthanized. Imagine the incredible hardship of parents while watching their child go through chemo. This is real life suffering. This is the consequence of sin.

The Lord is asking us to put faith in Him. We should notallow our personal bias conflict with His will.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times
Quote:
Let us reason.
Nearly everyone has gone through tremendous loss; death of a family member, ...This is real life suffering. This is the consequence of sin.
The Lord is asking us to put faith in Him. We should not allow our personal bias conflict with His will.
I liked that, "Let us reason". We agree on this. I just happen to say 'mistakes', BIG mistakes in judgment and choices!....
when most say 'sin'...
But I'm ok with the use of that word....that's just me.
I have been given a compassionate heart that shakes my head and rolls my eyes, even, over the
arsonist starting the Redding, CA fires ...sure, its sin to most...but for me it's like a brother that is
screwed up and God only knows why.
Poor guy needs mental help.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:29 AM

919 posts, read 603,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I would love to read it. Where is the proof?

I believe Paul was an impostor so give me the verses. That would further reinforce it.
It's past my bedtime so I'll respond tomorrow. I've been caught out before copying quotes without checking them first.

In the meantime check out Jesus' words Only - Jesus' words as the sole inspired portion of the New Testament Scripture. It gives several examples where Saul/Paul admits he just made stuff up.
1 Corinthians & 2 Corinthians is a good hunting ground for what your looking for.

( Mikey555; it was the monkeys fault for not voiding the soap)

Old 07-27-2018, 05:27 PM

168 posts, read 68,314 times
Quote:
Let us reason.

Nearly everyone has gone through tremendous loss; death of a family member, be in unending pain, watch a suffering pet who has always stood by you euthanized. Imagine the incredible hardship of parents while watching their child go through chemo. This is real life suffering. This is the consequence of sin.

The Lord is asking us to put faith in Him. We should notallow our personal bias conflict with His will.
The lord is not asking us to put faith in him. The Lord is asking a few to put faith in him.

John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

John 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day

65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

John 4:23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Matthew 22:14 Many are called, few chosen. Not billions, not millions, will be saved in this age.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:37 PM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
You just proved you don't.
If you think the law is from Moses then you must have the harden heart of pharaoh since it is written, "And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a God to Pharaoh:" [Ex 7:1]

In Matthew 5, verses 18-19 Jesus begins by teaching them that until the universe ceases to exist, not one jot or one tittle of the laws of nature shall end, till all be fulfilled.

However, he continues saying that whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: The least commandments are not the laws of Nature, but the 10 commandments of Nature's God.

Is that the truth that Jesus told you or did you just read that in a book? So what law did you hear from the mouth of Jesus did these workers of iniquity violate?

Do you think this verse is the truth that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.Matt 4:4
How you go off trying to fit your laws of nature for the laws of God is beyond me. Jesus didn't just say the laws of Moses, he went on explaining laws of Moses, not laws of nature. Jesus began explaining what the truth was of Adultery, of murder and how he made keeping the laws of Moses even harder, and now by some magic, you think Jesus was speaking of some sort of weird laws of nature? LOL.

Well, that is a new one on me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity