Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:02 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times

Advertisements

Which god which bible? Too many questions and no answers from anyone who knows. Religion is a big business sanctioned by the country. No taxes, special treatment etc. Most people are clueless to the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Which god which bible? Too many questions and no answers from anyone who knows. Religion is a big business sanctioned by the country. No taxes, special treatment etc. Most people are clueless to the truth!
This is the Christianity forum.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Define the act of COMING TO JESUS?

Evangelicals will insist that this must be a PUBLIC recognition to be valid. They will also demand a LITMUS test to prove the person has indeed embraced Jesus--typically this is proven when the person ACCEPTS and BLINDLY believes the evangelical theology.

Again, the evangelical insists on ONE path, ONE theology, ONE interpretation.

Share with us why the Buddhist, the Jewish folks, or any other "religion" that disagrees with the evangelical mind-set does not or cannot have a relationship or interaction with Jesus?

Many of us see this relationship as being fluid and living, as opposed to being written in stone and so RIGID that it cannot embrace diversity in ALL aspects of life.

There was a saying at the Revival tents here in Michigan that the only sure way to know if a person had their "come to Jesus" moment was the number of times they used JESUS in a sentence and if theY credited JESUS with EVERY THING that happened on their daily life--

THANK YOU JESUS FOR TELLING THE COOK TO MAKE MY EGGS JUST EXACTLY AS I LIKE THEM. JESUS GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO FORGIVE THAT BAD PERSON WHO RAPED AND IMPREGNATED MY DAUGHTER, THANK YOU JESUS...I KNOW JESUS WAS LOVING ME WHEN I FOUND $100 OUTSIDE THE MARIJUANA DISPENSARY AND USED THAT EVIL MONEY FOR GOOD WHEN I BOUGHT THAT LITTLE BOY A CANDY BAR AS WE DROVE THROUGH THE PARK TALKING ABOUT MY FAVORITE MOVIE "AIRPLANE!" JESUS JESUS JESUS, I AM SO UNWORTHY, LIKE A DYING COCKROACH, YET JESUS LOVED ME ANYWAYS. JESUS WILL LOVE YOU TOO IF YOU ACCEPT EVERYTHING I AM SAYING AS THE ONE AND ONLY TRUTH IN THE UNIVERSE..NOT EVEN SCIENCE IS REAL..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qGPgr6Nuck
Anyone can have a relationship with Jesus, but that makes them a Christian.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Or, it makes them a friend.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Jesus is Jewish, not christian.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I’ll take that to mean you have no valid argument.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Only in the sense that "Christ" is not limited to "Jesus."

Old 08-03-2018, 12:56 PM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Wow, this thread gave me a headache within the first two pages! Obviously God accepts worship of all people of all religions or no religions. But there should only be one religion. The very concept of religion is all people united in their love of God. If you form a second religion, you are deliberately cutting yourself off from others. God is who he is and no religion knows that perfectly, but some come closer to the truth than others. I would rather be a member of a grossly innaccurate religion that 90% of believers are part of than a highly accurate religion that only 10% of believers are part of. In other words, the main goal should be unity. Fortunately, I don’t have to compromise. I believe the Church established by Christ is the most accurate.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:

Jesus came to save the Israelites from themselves. They were apostocised when he came, they rejected him and sent him to his death. = the last straw--God cut them off( Matt 23:37-39) of being his chosen. A new religion began--just 1, not 34,000, 33,999 are FALSE.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus came to save the Israelites from themselves. They were apostocised when he came, they rejected him and sent him to his death. = the last straw--God cut them off( Matt 23:37-39) of being his chosen. A new religion began--just 1, not 34,000, 33,999 are FALSE.
So, your assertion is that Jesus ultimately ceased being Jewish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity