U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:43 AM

6,893 posts, read 3,392,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Law of God and man..

It is very serious, just like it is serious not to take bribes, "money launder for murdering criminal organizations,. "

Corruption leads the judas to the tree to strangle themselves.
Greed has a way of doing that.

Is that in direct conflict with the Sermon on the Mount? You know, the turning of the cheek thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 09:50 AM

8,671 posts, read 3,102,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Is that in direct conflict with the Sermon on the Mount? You know, the turning of the cheek thing.
I think your translator is malfunctioning.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:59 AM

5,091 posts, read 2,138,052 times
Ultimately, the Pope only speaks for himself. We all have an individual soul and path in life (and death), and can only answer to God for ourselves.

Sure, he represents the Catholic Church too (LOL). But that might not mean squat if you aren't Catholic.

Beyond that, he is just one voice among millions. His opinions and stances means nothing to me.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 08-06-2018 at 10:28 AM..

Old 08-06-2018, 10:44 AM

3,139 posts, read 937,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
There are no verses requiring children to be stoned.
Why come here and tell a whopper when you know there are such verses in the bible?
Large portions of the Old Testament are downright evil. No wonder God had to cut the Jews off. They wrote horrible things and claimed it came from God.

Murder in the Bible – Evil Bible .com

Old 08-07-2018, 05:12 AM

4,723 posts, read 1,216,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Why come here and tell a whopper when you know there are such verses in the bible?
Large portions of the Old Testament are downright evil. No wonder God had to cut the Jews off. They wrote horrible things and claimed it came from God.

Murder in the Bible – Evil Bible .com

Post the verse where it is said to stone children.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:43 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,899,704 times
Quote:
Post the verse where it is said to stone children.
Did I not do just that?

Old 08-07-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
I have not claimed to be. The difference is I admit I can't prove much of what I believe, You never do and can't. Which way is he most honest.

At least I have a written record for what I believe, you don't.
So did the Pharisees

Old 08-07-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I’m only arguing the point that scripture says Jesus ate pork. Waiting for Zman to show chapter and verse.
No scriptures say he did not so by shear deduction he must have eaten pork otherwise Jesus would have created chapter and verse telling us to abstain from the other white meat

Old 08-07-2018, 08:19 AM

5,931 posts, read 1,697,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
From the article:
Chester L. Gillis, professor of theology at Georgetown University, described Francis’s new teaching on the death penalty as “part of the regular teaching of the church” and “binding.” But that does not mean that Catholics who believe differently will face penalties or be denied the sacraments.

So, no, it seems to be a matter of policy rather than doctrine.
Good clarification. Thanks for the response. Just as I said in my OP....I wasn't trying to stir things up, as much as I'm trying to see what people think. Having said that, I know you're not Catholic...I'd sure love to hear a view on it from one of the resident Catholics.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:25 AM

5,931 posts, read 1,697,435 times
Interesting thread. I may be mistaken, but I see no comments from a known Catholic on the board.

There is one crazy guy telling me I'M catholic. There are others chiming in on whether it's Biblical, others stating pork is not kosher, etc. Strange how this thread has wandered off course. I'll be interested to see how long that continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or