U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 11:30 AM

650 posts, read 258,302 times

Advertisements

I never watch so called christian movies. See the subject is too holy for movie I think, and I wish to keep my faith and understanding of God's word unspoiled in my heart.

Movies don't and can't make justice for the original. Like I referred, they most likely just spoil the true understanding of holiness of God. I think it's foolish kind of bravery for someone to even try to act our Lord.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. It makes us cautious, and respectful before of the holiness of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 05:17 PM

10,534 posts, read 12,738,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
I never watch so called christian movies. See the subject is too holy for movie I think, and I wish to keep my faith and understanding of God's word unspoiled in my heart.

Movies don't and can't make justice for the original. Like I referred, they most likely just spoil the true understanding of holiness of God. I think it's foolish kind of bravery for someone to even try to act our Lord.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. It makes us cautious, and respectful before of the holiness of God.
I tend to agree. There have been better written stories (such as Dickens' "Christmas Carol") which have relayed the message of the gospel much better than even some stories in the Bible.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:50 PM

18,676 posts, read 23,241,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The Passion of Christ.
I think that is a really horrible movie, that is full of gratuitous violence and was made to separate and divide people. Similar to the Passion Plays of Europe.

Yes, the crucifixion was horrible and Jesus was subjected to unspeakable torture.

However, we who are Christian all know that. Wanting to watch over and hour of brutality and violence and brutality, is something I will never, ever understand.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:52 PM

18,676 posts, read 23,241,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I tend to agree. There have been better written stories (such as Dickens' "Christmas Carol") which have relayed the message of the gospel much better than even some stories in the Bible.
I agree! The Christian message can be conveyed through metaphor. "I watch a Christmas Carol" every Christmas. It's message is timeless.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:19 AM

8,671 posts, read 3,104,242 times
The Ten Commandments.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 PM

3,028 posts, read 1,055,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree! The Christian message can be conveyed through metaphor. "I watch a Christmas Carol" every Christmas. It's message is timeless.
I so agree ...especially the 1951 version (Scrooge) starring Alastair Sim. This movie not only tugs at the heart-strings but, as you say so well, it also conveys the Christian message through metaphor.

As Tiny Tim observed ...God bless us, everyone.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:02 AM

5,140 posts, read 2,530,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagelLover View Post
Considering hubby isn't Christian, he did like "The Story of Ruth" and Paul the Apostle.
Problem is, they softened Paul the Apostle a bit and added stuff that wasn't true. Lots of truth to it but it was what it was.
We've seen the Left Behind series multiple times.
Thanks so much!!
I find the video movies 'stick to Scripture' as found at jwbroadcasting.org

Old 03-21-2019, 05:50 AM

981 posts, read 356,240 times
Quote:
Considering hubby isn't Christian, he did like "The Story of Ruth" and Paul the Apostle.

Problem is, they softened Paul the Apostle a bit and added stuff that wasn't true. Lots of truth to it but it was what it was.

We've seen the Left Behind series multiple times.

Thanks so much!!
If it's Biblical truth you seek, then there is no substitute for the Bible.

Hollywood's purpose is not to promote the Word of God.

The purpose of show BU$INESS is to sell tickets. Is this not understood? It ought to be.

The movie PASSION OF THE CHRIST was a profitable venture as far as box office receipts are concerned. When a Jewish Hollywood producer was asked his opinion of the subject he said, "I'd sell tickets to the devil if it would make money."

So they would and so they do.

The LEFT BEHIND series is another example. It's based upon heresy, but even when the doctrine was first foisted upon the American public it was accepted as the sort of religious tabloid rubbish it really is - along with a legion of other spiritual aberrations of the day including but not restricted to the OUIJA board.(*) It is religious entertainment hokum. That's it and that's all. Make no mistake. It's fantasy entertainment only and has absolutely nothing at all to do with sound Biblical doctrine or truth as mankind knows it.

Hollywood productions are skewed for entertainment production value in every single subject. If it's necessary to twist the truth a bit so as to make the screenplay more dramatic or comic or engaging they'll do it without reservation.

Movies are entertainment, not truth. Anybody who believes otherwise is doing themselves a disservice.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

(*) Published by Parker Brothers, the demonic spirit game literally put the game publisher on the map. The same publisher later produced the popular board game MONOPOLY. Together they made Parker Brothers a giant in the genre.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:12 PM

767 posts, read 429,644 times
Quote:
Considering hubby isn't Christian, he did like "The Story of Ruth" and Paul the Apostle. Problem is, they softened Paul the Apostle a bit and added stuff that wasn't true. Lots of truth to it but it was what it was. We've seen the Left Behind series multiple times. Thanks so much!!
you can find many great true movie/ videos concerning faithful men and women of old from Jw.org. click "video", then "the Bible." there's stories like Jonah, (NOT those Hollywood made additions). such as the 10 Commandments. though I love the Movie, it was false when it showed during Moses returning from the mountain with the Tablets. he threw them and the ground opened up, swallowing those sinning. Jehovah God actually made the sinner turn on each other by means of the sword.

see, (Exo.32:26-28 then Moses stood in the entrance of the camp, and said, “Whoever is on the Lord’s side—come to me!” And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him. And he said to them, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Let every man put his sword on his side, and go in and out from entrance to entrance throughout the camp, and let every man kill his brother, every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.’ ” So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day).

there's also stories like...""O Jehovah, . . . I Trust in You", (about Righteous King Hezekiah). and one called ("For a Certainty God Made Him Lord and Christ'—Part I and 2, story of Jesus). NOT the Hollywood's version of a long Blonde Hair man. scriptures showed that men...with the exception of Samson. were NOT to wear long hair ,(1Cor. 11:13-15 Judge for yourselves: Is it fitting for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? Does not nature itself teach you that long hair is a dishonor to a man. but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her instead of a covering). give those movies a chance, I'm sure you"ll enjoy them!

Old 03-23-2019, 06:23 AM

48 posts, read 25,158 times
Creation of World by Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBD1JJ3M7m0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or