U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 08:02 AM

62,987 posts, read 34,311,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And there are no memories or thoughts while in the grave.
No, not for the physical body. Obviously.

Some of us believe the spirit goes to be with the Lord after we die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 11:15 AM

20,353 posts, read 9,819,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have seen some, and read Eben Alexander's book, but the problem is that those people were not actually dead. If they were, their brains would not have been able to register the memories. Even migraine headaches can produce such hallucinations.
Quote:
And there are no memories or thoughts while in the grave.
Quote:

I do not believe in an immortal soul, however, nothing ever truly dies. It merely goes back to the source from whence it came but in a different state of transformation. But to say that you have always existed is suspect and questionable for once your brain tissue die's, so does the person themselves, as you are no longer a living and breathing soul, nor are you yet immortal.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:46 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,218,477 times
and this mentality of atheist can be found right here on this site called city data .. now it needs to be brought to suit and so do the colleges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFcJh_4-RrU

looks just like Tesla said about women.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:40 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Quote:
Some of us know it is born again as a newborn Spirit to be with the Father.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I do not believe in an immortal soul, however, nothing ever truly dies. It merely goes back to the source from whence it came but in a different state of transformation. But to say that you have always existed is suspect and questionable for once your brain tissue die's, so does the person themselves, as you are no longer a living and breathing soul, nor are you yet immortal.
The YOU that is composing and posting in these discussions is NOT your physical body, Jer. Your physical body will be transformed after death by known processes of decay but YOU will not. There is nothing we know of that can transform the form of YOU that is comprised of consciousness energy.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The YOU that is composing and posting in these discussions is NOT your physical body, Jer.
I am aware of that ...but the physical is a part of who I AM presently.

Quote:
Your physical body will be transformed after death by known processes of decay but YOU will not. There is nothing we know of that can transform the form of YOU that is comprised of consciousness energy.
So, are you saying that we die, or that we don't? Perhaps, you can elaborate? Personally, I do not believe we have always existed, neither do I believe that it is merely the physical body that is resurrected through a dramatic change in form or appearance as many believe. If our consciousness is within our brain (which no one knows for sure), then the resurrection would consist of all the elements that make us who we are, including our consciousness or awareness.

Just for the record, I do not believe that we will be resurrected or reincarnated to come back to this realm of physical existence, or that of a one-thousand year reign of Christianism. Most of what people believe comes from their fear of death and survival instincts. In other words, facing their own mortality.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:

So, are you saying that we die, or that we don't? Perhaps, you can elaborate? Personally, I do not believe we have always existed, neither do I believe that it is merely the physical body that is resurrected through a dramatic change in form or appearance as many believe. If our consciousness is within our brain (which no one knows for sure), then the resurrection would consist of all the elements that make us who we are, including our consciousness or awareness.

Just for the record, I do not believe that we will be resurrected or reincarnated to come back to this realm of physical existence, or that of a one-thousand-year reign of Christianism. Most of what people believe comes from their fear of death and survival instincts. In other words, facing their own mortality.
Our physical body dies but WE do NOT. We are born again but as a Spirit with a spiritual body (whatever that is). Everything we have become spiritually as an embryo spirit during this physical existence will start the next stage as a newborn infant Spirit. We have as little ability to know what that will be like as we did about this life when we were physical babies being born. We agree about the many questionable "precepts and doctrines of men" that litter the Christian narrative, Jer.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Just for the record, I do not believe that we will be resurrected or reincarnated to come back to this realm of physical existence, or that of a one-thousand year reign of Christianism. Most of what people believe comes from their fear of death and survival instincts. In other words, facing their own mortality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our physical body dies but WE do NOT. We are born again but as a Spirit with a spiritual body (whatever that is). Everything we have become spiritually as an embryo spirit during this physical existence will start the next stage as a newborn infant Spirit. We have as little ability to know what that will be like as we did about this life when we were physical babies being born. We agree about the many questionable "precepts and doctrines of men" that litter the Christian narrative, Jer.
I see where you are coming from, thanks for the clarification. Whether or not, one is born anew (again) or goes through a transformation after death, amounts to about the same thing? You know, I wouldn't despise the extreme beliefs of fundamentalism, if it were more reasonable or rational in thought?

Old 08-10-2018, 06:37 PM

600 posts, read 355,812 times
On YouTube was a Christian who ( presumably in an NDE experience) visited Hell where he saw some occupants being tortured by snakes covered with needles who wrapped themselves around them. In other words, the snake needles would stab the person repeatedly.

In that example that he witnessed, the prisoner was not burning in fire at all. Instead it was just the snakes. So that obviously shows a different degree of punishment. What I want to know is what scriptural passage describes that particular punishment?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:48 PM

25,775 posts, read 13,404,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
On YouTube was a Christian who ( presumably in an NDE experience) visited Hell where he saw some occupants being tortured by snakes covered with needles who wrapped themselves around them. In other words, the snake needles would stab the person repeatedly.

In that example that he witnessed, the prisoner was not burning in fire at all. Instead it was just the snakes. So that obviously shows a different degree of punishment. What I want to know is what scriptural passage describes that particular punishment?
It was probably in one of the pieces of papyrus that didn't make Constantinople's cut. Now lost to antiquity.

More's the pity, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or