U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:58 PM

2,337 posts, read 635,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The underworld is merely the abode of the dead, and there is no thought in the grave.

The real "you" soul and spirit will live forever. Those who BELIEVE Jesus with HIM....and those who don't without HIM. Jesus has determined people who openly ignore His free gift purchased by His death on a cross for their sins (NOT HIS) want and deserve a life apart from Him. Most unbelievers have no idea they will be RESURRECTED at the end of the Millenium and be given bodies fit for hell (they won't die) .....and live in torment with the devil and his demons forever.

The devil does have a purpose to test the believers like he did Job. He will be chained during most of the millenium, he will appear for a short time of testing and millions will fail. They and he will be tossed into the lake of fire, those who have seen Jesus and been under His rule will not be judged separately but be vaporized and sent directly to lake of fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 11:31 PM

20,454 posts, read 9,864,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The real "you" soul and spirit will live forever. Those who BELIEVE Jesus with HIM....and those who don't without HIM. Jesus has determined people who openly ignore His free gift purchased by His death on a cross for their sins (NOT HIS) want and deserve a life apart from Him. Most unbelievers have no idea they will be RESURRECTED at the end of the Millenium and be given bodies fit for hell (they won't die) .....and live in torment with the devil and his demons forever.

The devil does have a purpose to test the believers like he did Job. He will be chained during most of the millenium, he will appear for a short time of testing and millions will fail. They and he will be tossed into the lake of fire, those who have seen Jesus and been under His rule will not be judged separately but be vaporized and sent directly to lake of fire.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:39 AM

3,372 posts, read 913,788 times
My question=

Are there different degrees of stupidity on earth?

Old 08-11-2018, 03:28 AM

15,530 posts, read 12,198,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My question=
What? You and Jerwade thought being vaporized and being sent directly to the lake of fire was stupid? LOL
I have to leave or I'm gonna pee my pants.

Ya gotta admit it gets pretty funny after awhile.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I am aware of that ...but the physical is a part of who I AM presently.
Just a friendly reminder....according to quantum physics that meat suit of yours is
99.99999% empty space.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:44 AM

56,320 posts, read 54,748,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My question=

Oh yes, I'm pretty sure there is.

This gives me the chance to repost one of my all-time favorite quotes?

"Strange as it may seem, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it."
- Stephen Vizinczey

Besides people who simply are incapable of learning, there appears to me to also be willful or chosen stupidity. People who have decided to stop learning and resist it at all costs.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This gives me the chance to repost one of my all-time favorite quotes?
And appropriate one for this thread...
A mind is like a parachute; it only works when it's open.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:20 PM

20,454 posts, read 9,864,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
And appropriate one for this thread...
A mind is like a parachute; it only works when it's open.
And, it would be a mindless act to jump from 15,000' without one?

Old 08-11-2018, 04:23 PM

4,923 posts, read 1,874,081 times
I guess the OP didn't read Dante's Inferno.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:25 PM

4,923 posts, read 1,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Some of us know it is born again as a newborn Spirit to be with the Father.
What about the Mother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or