U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:59 PM

4,229 posts, read 1,623,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
What kj forgets to mention though is that this 'loving' God he mentions...well, He is also just. He ends up killin' you instead or torturing you. Snuffs ya' out. How's that for an eye for an eye?

He warned in advance-Deut 30:19--over 5000 years ago. Its mortals who choose wrong. Because few even have a clue as to what Gods word teaches. 99% of all the religions claiming to be Christian have failed Jesus. They do not obey him. They refuse to believe his teachings over dogma that contradicts him to the core. Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day=99.9% were mislead then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 03:01 PM

20,341 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
'There's no place like Hell' except that of the grave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You can keep believing that if you want. Why you keep chirping in on every thread to make it into a universalism thread, I have no idea. But for those of us that actually read the Bible, we're quite convinced of what God actually said.
You can convince yourself that there are flying reindeer, but that doesn't make it true. Why you believe in fables and/or the mythologies of hell as an adult surprises me. I would have thought that people would put away such childish things by now. Here's to the tooth fairy.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:09 PM

15,350 posts, read 12,109,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I mean that JW's believe in spiritual death or in other words annihilation of the soul, not eternal torture of the soul. I was calling him out on it.
Annihilation of the soul, gulp....um
I didn't know that. How in heaven could God annihilate a soul that is a spark of His very Self...rhetorical.

Old 08-08-2018, 03:16 PM

1,078 posts, read 770,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I didn't know that. How in heaven could God annihilate a soul that is a spark of His very Self...rhetorical.
I guess He warned us in Deuteronomy...we have no excuses.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:13 PM

4,229 posts, read 1,623,528 times
Quote:
The bible teaches Man became a living soul, not has a living soul, same with fish and animals. The breath of life does it. Jesus clearly teaches--Those who walk the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:21 PM

5,931 posts, read 1,696,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The bible teaches Man became a living soul, not has a living soul, same with fish and animals. The breath of life does it. Jesus clearly teaches--Those who walk the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.
No. Jesus teaches nothing of the sort. Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body he died in, and Scripture says we'll have glorified bodies.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Status: "Trump 2020-make liberals cry again" (set 2 days ago)

16,341 posts, read 8,888,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
To me it would make zero sense for a Loving God to punish someone for eternity for sins they did up to 120yrs in the flesh. Would have been better not to make them at all vs have them be a blip on the radar of time and roast them afterwards.
We punish murderers with a life sentence (or death) for a one-time offense.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:08 PM

20,341 posts, read 9,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
To me it would make zero sense for a Loving God to punish someone for eternity for sins they did up to 120yrs in the flesh. Would have been better not to make them at all vs have them be a blip on the radar of time and roast them afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
But we don't torment them, especially, forever and ever? That's absurd to any rational mind.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:15 PM

25,750 posts, read 13,395,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Civilized countries don't have a death penalty.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:19 AM

3,139 posts, read 936,737 times
Quote:
Now wait...really.

I, for example, was shocked to hear John Hagee on TV...fire and brimstone, shouting preacher from San Antonio..BUT, there really are people that continually do bad behavior--drink, then hit their family,
gamble the rent and food $, lie, cheat, have loads of unpaid debt..a vicious cycle....do they sound very bright, ?, well, they aren't...just a fact.
I saw ,"Oh they need this shouting about hell to get their behinds in gear!!"

I saw there is a place in society for these 'fear pastors'...this scare tactic works for the extreme
ones out there that would never come to God in any other way...a fear of a hell.

Doing good to please their Father Creator doesn't enter their mind...gambling enters their mind...
what lie to tell their family enters their mind...so terror and fear of a future hell does work for some.

My input.

svenM---YES!
Going to church to listen to someone scream doesn't bring about a change in their lives. People who attend these types of churches usually start to hate others who "don't go to church", "aren't saved"(in their minds), are gay, etc.... Hagee is a preacher of hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or