U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 03:59 PM

40,190 posts, read 26,814,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Not exactly....
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Timothy 2:5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, if someone needs a mediator...Jesus is the one....that's his 'job'. ....
always serving the Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Aren’t both possible?
The book you rely on tells us that Jesus abides with us as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts," Jimmie. You ignore what is in your heart in favor of the words "written in ink" and interpreted by the "precepts and doctrines of men." You are ignoring the very guide we were promised in your book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 04:03 PM

32,312 posts, read 21,160,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

The book you rely on tells us that Jesus abides with us as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts," Jimmie. You ignore what is in your heart in favor of the words "written in ink" and interpreted by the "precepts and doctrines of men." You are ignoring the very guide we were promised in your book.
You couldn't have said that any better

Old 08-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 5 days ago)

16,401 posts, read 8,927,626 times
Quote:

Peter, who walked with Jesus said this, “men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” Plus, the Apostle Paul tells us, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”

Yet, you try to persuade us these men misunderstood. You have been led astray by modern liberal thought.

Old 08-15-2018, 04:48 PM

32,312 posts, read 21,160,952 times
Quote:
Peter, who walked with Jesus said this, “men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.” Plus, the Apostle Paul tells us, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”

Yet, you try to persuade us these men misunderstood. You have been led astray by modern liberal thought.
That does not mean they were 100% right 100% of the time. You do know that Paul corrected him, and in a vision Jesus corrected him too?.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:
No Jimmie. I am pointing out that they were fallible men conditioned by their traditions and culture in an era where there was little accurate information about our Reality. You pretend that they were not. There is no way they were perfect nor were they infallible interpreters of everything they were taught and were inspired about. You do not believe Jesus instituted the New Covenant and abides with us as the Comforter. You believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" and the things attributed to Jesus by them, but you do NOT believe Jesus abides with us and will guide us to all Truth that God has "written in our hearts." That is so very, very sad because I know you are sincere and want to follow Jesus. Too bad you think you must follow the "precepts and doctrines of men" interpreted from the words "written in ink."

Old 08-16-2018, 06:01 AM
Status: "Waving a sign that reads John 3:16" (set 5 days ago)

16,401 posts, read 8,927,626 times
Quote:
No Jimmie. I am pointing out that they were fallible men conditioned by their traditions and culture in an era where there was little accurate information about our Reality. You pretend that they were not. There is no way they were perfect nor were they infallible interpreters of everything they were taught and were inspired about. You do not believe Jesus instituted the New Covenant and abides with us as the Comforter. You believe the "precepts and doctrines of men" and the things attributed to Jesus by them, but you do NOT believe Jesus abides with us and will guide us to all Truth that God has "written in our hearts." That is so very, very sad because I know you are sincere and want to follow Jesus. Too bad you think you must follow the "precepts and doctrines of men" interpreted from the words "written in ink."
You would know nothing about the New Covenant without scripture. Why you think my belief in the inerrancy of scripture affects my understanding of the New Covenant, I do not know.

The same Spirit that moved the writers of scripture lives in all believers. The message has been the same since Gen. 3. Sin bad, grace good. Unlike you, I am not willing to cut Jesus off mid-sentence in John 3:16.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:57 AM

20,454 posts, read 9,864,420 times
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
You would know nothing about the New Covenant without scripture. Why you think my belief in the inerrancy of scripture affects my understanding of the New Covenant, I do not know.

The same Spirit that moved the writers of scripture lives in all believers. The message has been the same since Gen. 3. Sin bad, grace good. Unlike you, I am not willing to cut Jesus off mid-sentence in John 3:16.
Personally, I'm just not seeing this in who you call conservatist-believers?
It sounds more like a political stance from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:09 PM

4,267 posts, read 1,637,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Correct, no man on earth today is our mediator between God and us, no matter what a Pope or any Priest, Minister, etc claims. All those who are used by Jesus to teach others are .................. teachers.They must meet the standards like in Jude and Timothy, not just get a degree from some divinity school. Such schools are called Theological Seminaries but would better be called Theological Cemetery's, as they bury the truth of God's word under tons of man made tradition and pagan teachings..

The Pharisees in Jesus day were teaching--- It was impossible for Jesus and the apostles to be teachers, they didn't attend their schools of men. They taught as well, Jesus received his power from satan. All know both are not reality--Yet they as well taught that Jesus was claiming to be God, but he never said that once. Some believe the 3rd one and not the first 2--ALL 3 are not reality. Twisting it makes it seem so.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The fact that we would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible does NOT mean the Bible MUST be infallible and inerrant or that any of our ancestors were infallible and inerrant interpreters of the inspirations or teachings they received. Where does this irrational belief of yours come from, Jimmie? The Bible can contain inspirations from God without being either infallible or inerrant.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:54 PM

20,454 posts, read 9,864,420 times
Quote:
The fact that we would know nothing about Jesus without the Bible does NOT mean the Bible MUST be infallible and inerrant or that any of our ancestors were infallible and inerrant interpreters of the inspirations or teachings they received. Where does this irrational belief of yours come from, Jimmie? The Bible can contain inspirations from God without being either infallible or inerrant.
Preach it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or