Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:51 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times

Advertisements

Hey, thanks to the guys who have responded already to this untrue curse and hate accusation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Maybe the only ones "cursing" God are the religious fundamentalists who are SLANDERING him by attributing things that don't exist?
Very astute.
Thank you for saying it, my dear.

It feels like slander to me....an insult to the nth degree to a lover of God, my Dad, as I am, who knows
Him up close and personally, not from hearsay.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 AM

18,845 posts, read 6,863,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Of course we don't hate that. We just don't believe it's remotely true. Who hates what they think is silly?

YOU interpret that as hate because you're into being persecuted. Seeing persecution everywhere is a fundie fetish.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:22 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,330,974 times
Quote:
I heard eternity explained this way. Imagine the tallest mountain in the world. Every one-hundred years (ie once per century) a bird flies over the top of it carrying a feather in its mouth. The feather is used to "scoop" away at the mountain.

You can imagine how long it would take to clear the entire mountain down at that rate, correct?

Well, think about this. After a TRILLION mountains had already been cleared away by this method, then that would only be the beginning of eternity. And imagine being in unbearable, excruciating torment all that time.

That's how it will be for anyone who doesn't accept the speaker's stated "plan of salvation".

What do you think of this evangelical message?
On the Earth the little bird with the feather is called "rain." Rain is the process of water molecules percolating up into the molecules of the air due to the process of quantum mechanics. The sun sending out positively and negatively charged particles and causing evaporation here on Earth. Everytime it "rains" (water molecules clumping together until they become too heavy to remain suspended in the air molecules), the rain erodes the mountain just a little. Since time is an ongoing phenomenon eventually the mountains will be worn completely down.

So why do we still have mountains? The answer is the same as the one that produces rain. Quantum mechanics. Matter interacts with itself. The pressures of the Earth's gravitation causes the matter of the Earth to become superheated. Rising columns of heated magma spread apart the cooler plates of rock that we at the surface consider solid ground, causing wrinkles at the edges of the plates. Mountains. Mountains rise and are continuously eroded away. Because matter interacts with itself in an ongoing process we call quantum mechanics. Our ancient ancestors perceived the change, but didn't understand the mechanism. So they invented religion to explain what they had no other means of explaining. They observed an ongoing cycle of changes, and concluded that an intelligence was responsible for the changes that occur. The gods were responsible. It once seemed to be an obvious conclusion. But it was/is the wrong conclusion.

Many of our ancient ancestors understood that the sun was behind much of what occurs on the Earth. So they imagined that there was an intelligence involved. The sun was a god. Or the sun was controlled by a god. We understand today that the sun itself is simply the result of quantum mechanics in operation, however. Matter interacts with itself. Because matter is energy, and energy can neither be created or destroyed, only changed from form to form. Eternally, apparently. Like a little bird scooping away at a mountain with a feather. Except the "little bird" is simply the ongoing process of energy unrelentingly changing from form to form. And religion is one of the processes humans have employed in attempting to explain things. Another process is called empirical observation. Empirical observation has been providing some excellent results.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Sounds too short. Eternity is unending.

And yes--we can be with God in eternity, serving, praising, enjoying Him, or we can be suffering in hell. He's so good that he died on a cross for you and me and that anyone that believes in him can have eternal life with him. Anyone. The question is why you wouldn't accept that free gift? Why would you instead thumb your nose at him, curse him, and go willingly into eternal hell?
Click your heels together three times and say, 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Click your heels together three times and say, 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there.
Better yet, just trust in Jesus. No heel-clicking even required.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Sounds too short. Eternity is unending.

And yes--we can be with God in eternity, serving, praising, enjoying Him, or we can be suffering in hell. He's so good that he died on a cross for you and me and that anyone that believes in him can have eternal life with him. Anyone. The question is why you wouldn't accept that free gift? Why would you instead thumb your nose at him, curse him, and go willingly into eternal hell?
Quote:
Quote:
Better yet, just trust in Jesus. No heel-clicking even required.
'There's no place like Hell' except that of the grave.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:00 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,352,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What do you mean...I didn't quit get this one.
Do you mean that we die, that's what you mean by, 'ends up killin' us?
You believe God tortures then...
I mean that JW's believe in spiritual death or in other words annihilation of the soul, not eternal torture of the soul. I was calling him out on it.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
'There's no place like Hell' except that of the grave.
You can keep believing that if you want. Why you keep chirping in on every thread to make it into a universalism thread, I have no idea. But for those of us that actually read the Bible, we're quite convinced of what God actually said.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:54 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,886,583 times
Quote:
I don't think that most Christians would agree with you. But I don't think that traditional Christianity is really based on the Bible.

God clearly taught all who he is with and Jesus--1Cor 1:10( a true mark) unity of thought,( one truth) no division

They are not with-A house divided( 33,999 trinity based religions) will not stand. Mark 3:24-26

They wont believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity