U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 03:27 PM

466 posts, read 102,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, are YOU going to the wrong church!! Either that, or you're making this up; it's hard to believe that kind of petty stuff gets presented in sermons. I've never heard a sermon about that topics. Where do you live? Are you sure you didn't accidentally tune into a Jerry Springer show?
I go to a bible-teaching church and, believe it or not, the bible speaks of relationships - hence why my church preaches on such an (apparently) off-topic topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 04:28 PM

4,697 posts, read 1,218,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
In my church, its like 2-1 women compared to men and most other churches Ive visited is always like that as well, and alot of times its seems like 3/4 women to every 1 man.

What is is about church that seems to keep so many men away?
and jews is the other way around.. one is the ways of the Fathers and one is the God that women love/ and waited and looked diligently for since Eve's promises.

and that it seems is probably proved by attendance I would guess ..

6Then the king will do as he pleases and will exalt and magnify himself above every god, and he will speak monstrous things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been decreed must be accomplished. 37He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers, nor for the one desired by women, nor for any other god, because he will magnify himself above them all. 38And in their place, he will honor a god of fortresses—a god his fathers did not know—with gold, silver, precious stones, and riches.…

there has always been two ways to find some knowledge of the true God .. through the mothers(eve, since eve even) and the fathers( God of Seth and Abraham ) .. one you find the father the other you find the son. one you find the son and the other you find the moon..

the antichrist will not worship the father or the Son. it does not find the God of the fathers or the God of women. one the sun and the other the moon. But men can not look long at the sun without going dumb and blind.

so then entered the Moon ....

Now the Son of God worships the Father and is vowed to bring us all to the Father in the 7thday rest.
.seem was failure to get men to know either the Son or the Father..
because Like Jesus said "If you knew the Father you would know him.. but they knew neither of them..
and I mean Jesus clearly states over and over that he only did and said what he saw the Father doing and saying. and that kind of language is a real trip every outing.. every freeway and every parking lot.. you learn what you did wrong and what you did right in every secret thought .. it is very freaky really.. . Jesus maybe was following a visual language like the one has been teaching me.. Jesus was here revealing the Fathers heart, maybe Not so much about his, except his intent was the same as the Father's intent . it was to bring all willing to his Father at whatever personal cost was required to do that to prove God and the son Loved all men and all women as family and died for each other just like family would do for each others best and well being.
but Think we know least about Jesus and then know little about the spirit.. because all these two teach us about the Father and his words . not about themselves .

but we have 1000 years to find out all about him and the (7)spirit of God or the holy spirit !

yep for those that take him up on their offer to lead us to become the sons and daughters of his/Their Father God.

though this is all my speculations.. it is as good a spring board questioning and investigation as any one else speculations.
but like us all we are alwasy learning and growing and I maybe I wont

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-08-2018 at 04:37 PM..

Old 08-08-2018, 04:48 PM

16,256 posts, read 7,646,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
In my church, its like 2-1 women compared to men and most other churches Ive visited is always like that as well, and alot of times its seems like 3/4 women to every 1 man.

What is is about church that seems to keep so many men away?
Men don't seem to need a good excuse to get away from housework as much.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:05 PM

346 posts, read 160,727 times
Same here. I've belonged to several churches and visited many more in my 61 years and have not once heard such a sermon. Raised Catholic but belonged to mainstream Protestant churches as an adult.

My husband goes to church of his volition; if I'm working or indisposed he goes by himself. In fact, there are just as many men as women in the congregations of the churches we've belonged to.

I'll have to take others' words for it that there are emasculating churches out there. Maybe it's an evangelical or fundamentalist thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, are YOU going to the wrong church!! Either that, or you're making this up; it's hard to believe that kind of petty stuff gets presented in sermons. I've never heard a sermon about that topics. Where do you live? Are you sure you didn't accidentally tune into a Jerry Springer show?

Old 08-08-2018, 05:23 PM

5,931 posts, read 1,697,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
Same here. I've belonged to several churches and visited many more in my 61 years and have not once heard such a sermon. Raised Catholic but belonged to mainstream Protestant churches as an adult.

My husband goes to church of his volition; if I'm working or indisposed he goes by himself. In fact, there are just as many men as women in the congregations of the churches we've belonged to.

I'll have to take others' words for it that there are emasculating churches out there. Maybe it's an evangelical or fundamentalist thing.
1. My pastor talks about it if it's in the text he's covering. He goes verse by verse through a book in the Bible. So, yes--it gets preached on occasionally.

2. It's becoming more and more common among Evangelical churches, not really fundamentalist ones...to talk about relationships. There is a joke that among some squishy ones, the sex and marriage series happens every summer to try to drive attendance. Andy Stanley is known for preaching more about parenting and less about the Bible.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:04 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,895,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Can you link me one such sermon to listen to from a reputable church in DFW or is this just a projection based on living in a country of bigots and haters and being told all conservative evangelical conversation = hate and clinging to resentment and bitterness
seems any church that would use this topic for a sermon would be LESS than reputable...there may be others more knowledgeable about the DFW area than I. Though I do have a niece in the Dallas area and a friend in San Antonio...

Old 08-08-2018, 08:30 PM

346 posts, read 160,727 times
That's interesting! I have never been to a service in which the minister addressed marriage, or relationships in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
1. My pastor talks about it if it's in the text he's covering. He goes verse by verse through a book in the Bible. So, yes--it gets preached on occasionally.

2. It's becoming more and more common among Evangelical churches, not really fundamentalist ones...to talk about relationships. There is a joke that among some squishy ones, the sex and marriage series happens every summer to try to drive attendance. Andy Stanley is known for preaching more about parenting and less about the Bible.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:50 PM

954 posts, read 241,618 times
Simple. More women will be in heaven

Old 08-09-2018, 01:20 AM

4,697 posts, read 1,218,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Simple. More women will be in heaven
actually it says this...this day has never happened.. but it will..

Isa 4:1

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach

Isa 4:2

In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Isa 4:3

And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

Isa 4:4

When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Isa 4:5

And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.

Isa 4:6

And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.
yes a sukkot .. and it is from that "cloud" that he drops out on the last day..

and that is in Jerusalem .. just think what the rest of the world will look like.
because that day hasn't happened yet. any part of it . But it will happen.

another interesting point in this prophecy is that somehow the provision of God changes concerning the incomes and financial care of women and maybe children.
which makes more sense of we take other prophecies into consideration for that.. like how the wives have been dividing the spoils and they are all rich with gold and feathers like a dove.. ...and the whole concepts of clans and inheritances may drastically change in that time when the curse has been removed from both women and men. so something about women and finances changes in that time.. and many who have come from multi-wife households from ancient times they have been resurrected and they may choose to live that way.
or like you said there is just so many more women than men saved..
because it is easier to find the Father through the Son and EVE ( anciently Khepah)7clans and thus through the 7churches than it is by the ways/ traditions of Fathers.And we must find the Father's will somehow .

"OUR Father which is in heaven , THY KINGDOM COME THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN give us this day our daily bread , Please forgiven us our trespasses as we have already forgiven those who have trespassed against us . Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil ( one). For thine is the kingdom and the power the glory forever amen !!!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-09-2018 at 01:30 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 01:25 AM

3,139 posts, read 937,194 times
Could be because women outnumber men. I think there are other reasons as well. Years ago I used to drag my husband to church with me. He never really wanted to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity