Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 08:25 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The wages of sin is death:
If sin is missing the mark, jimmie, another way to see this sentence (if even said)...the mark is to be aware that we have never been separated from our Father...we never had to hide ourselves in shame in the proverbial garden.
Separation is a form of death...it is living in a dream of duality...separated from where our Father wants us to be...with Him consciously.

Mystic, hope I didn't take away from something you might have said. I couldn't wait to say something.
So this is 'my' understanding.
~~~~~~~~
The Lord's Will? Jesus made that clear by his life, how he gave and gave love ...he even said he had come for us to have an abundant life...as in, healthy, happy in every way...now

why would he punish anyone for eternity when he forgave those that persecuted him and hammered the nails?
So the truth is really the opposite of what a literal reading says?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 08:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So those passages posted by John are mistakes, misquotes? Did the writers suddenly lose touch with the Spirit? How do you explain Jesus saying things like that?
I don't see him saying things like that, just those who believe he did?

Old 08-09-2018, 08:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So the truth is really the opposite of what a literal reading says?
Well, gee...that is only my take ,jimmie.

But, we just don't know exactly, cuz of all the translations, did Jesus mean sin...as in murdering someone? We always have to look at his audience..same with Paul.
I don't think things said...or the way they were interpreted and written down were literally what was meant...often....sometimes, yes.
Ya gotta look at it from a Divine person's perspective...the one saying it.

Did Jesus mean he was the way...or did he mean, 'the example of my life and my teachings and instructions are the are the way', (to the Father and the Kingdom of Heaven where He dwells)?

Ha, or was one little word left out 70 yrs later or in translations..."I AM is the way."

It's a study of between the lines...

What does the Kingdom of God is at hand, mean? Oh boy that could have many meanings, see?

It's fun when we stop being rigid..and expand our perspective...imo. I find my love for and respect for Jesus and God expand.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:11 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
A narrative story written about real people which contains magic and miracles? You HAVE to assume that it was symbolic.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
A narrative story written about real people which contains magic and miracles? You HAVE to assume that it was symbolic.
Now remember...magic and miracles are only called that by people who just don't understand how they happened....nothing's really
magic or a miracle...
unless you want to look at your own hand...cuz that could easily
be called a miracle...or the tree outside.

I mean HOW from a teeny little seed is there a tree hidden inside of it!? Come on!

Old 08-09-2018, 09:35 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Everyone has doubts. But God wants you to have faith in Him. It is not our job to judge the Lord’s will
But it IS our job to test the spirit of what our ancient ancestors said is the Lord's will against the Holy Sp[irit of agape love (Who IS God) as described and demonstrated by Jesus the Christ. We are not to parrot words "written in ink." We are to use the "mind of Christ" (as reflected in His actions and demonstration of the True Nature of God) to test the spirit of anything attributed to God or Jesus. We are not blind followers of the words "written in ink." We are followers of the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But it IS our job to test the spirit of what our ancient ancestors said is the Lord's will against the Holy Sp[irit of agape love (Who IS God) as described and demonstrated by Jesus the Christ. We are not to parrot words "written in ink." We are to use the "mind of Christ" (as reflected in His actions and demonstration of the True Nature of God) to test the spirit of anything attributed to God or Jesus. We are not blind followers of the words "written in ink." We are followers of the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
Amen.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
It will remain one of the most incomprehensible and evil beliefs about God.
They may be surprised to find out that they are the one's who will here:'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Old 08-10-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, gee...that is only my take ,jimmie.

But, we just don't know exactly, cuz of all the translations, did Jesus mean sin...as in murdering someone? We always have to look at his audience..same with Paul.
I don't think things said...or the way they were interpreted and written down were literally what was meant...often....sometimes, yes.
Ya gotta look at it from a Divine person's perspective...the one saying it.

Did Jesus mean he was the way...or did he mean, 'the example of my life and my teachings and instructions are the are the way', (to the Father and the Kingdom of Heaven where He dwells)?

Ha, or was one little word left out 70 yrs later or in translations..."I AM is the way."

It's a study of between the lines...

What does the Kingdom of God is at hand, mean? Oh boy that could have many meanings, see?

It's fun when we stop being rigid..and expand our perspective...imo. I find my love for and respect for Jesus and God expand.
I fear that tactic leads to many falsehoods. A simple reading, in context, cross-referenced to all other scripture, prayed over, is the path to truth, imo.

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 08-10-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 08-10-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
How can we trust the words of Jesus, who supposedly revealed God, if some of His words don’t pass your test? Plus, the test you use, 1 Cor. 13 and Gal. 5, was written by Paul, who said some wacky things, according to liberal Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity