U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 05:56 PM

15,732 posts, read 12,297,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I've bolded the "tactic", Miss H...

Looking at it from the perspective of the Divine is a tactic that jimmie fears. He wants you to subject God to what the bible says, rather than subjecting what the bible says to God.
Oh. Maybe jimmie could confirm this...I would not have guessed that was what he meant.
Thank you as always, Pleroo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 06:53 PM

32,430 posts, read 21,242,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I-really do understand your position about your faith. But you do know that Universalism and Christianity is in compatible.

I would never be considered a Universalist in your circle. And many Bible born again Christians would have deep concerns about your eternal destiny and your fellow believers. As I stated before think many of you are in extreme danger. You really do see this, donít you?
In your eyes only. O.H.M.S.

I tell you, open Your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. So why are threatening the harvest?.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:53 PM

6,476 posts, read 2,168,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I guess I have a question..if death is thrown into the lake of fire how can there be death? What if it were that our God IS a consuming fire? What if the demons were tortured with love instead of hate? Maybe that would be even harder for them?
I like that train of thought. In my experience nothing was quite as bad as realizing that, at certain times, I was actually the instigator of some cruelty.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:56 PM

6,476 posts, read 2,168,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMadJW View Post
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great question Zero!
But didn't you get it was described as the SECOND Death?

NONE of us would be resurrected without the Ransom!
Those raised and judged BY Jesus as wicked will experience the SECOND one- which lasts FOREVER!
Satan very quickly, after Adam, instituted religions perpetrating that NONE of us ever die!

"Torturing with 'Love'- FOREVER" makes no sense to me at ALL!
Don't you consider this love?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:08 PM

32,430 posts, read 21,242,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I like that train of thought. In my experience nothing was quite as bad as realizing that, at certain times, I was actually the instigator of some cruelty.
Yes, just like the servant who was unmerciful. The lake of fire like this earth is a passing place that many of us will pass through. Only the unmerciful would think there is no passing through it.

And in wrath his master turned him over to the torturers (the jailers), till he should pay all that he owed.

The jailer of self condemnation is mean old piece of work. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that trespass against us.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:11 PM

16,452 posts, read 8,968,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh. Maybe jimmie could confirm this...I would not have guessed that was what he meant.
Thank you as always, Pleroo.
I can speak for myself.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:43 PM

26,072 posts, read 13,557,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I can speak for myself.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 PM

40,412 posts, read 26,927,749 times
Quote:
I-really do understand your position about your faith. But you do know that Universalism and Christianity is in compatible.
I would never be considered a Universalist in your circle. And many Bible born again Christians would have deep concerns about your eternal destiny and your fellow believers. As I stated before I think many of you are in extreme danger. You really do see this, donít you?
No, Having met our God, I know there is nothing to fear from God. I am more concerned about my own failings and their consequences. I believe we will reap whatever we sow here and have not repented of, so that is my concern.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:32 PM

20,564 posts, read 9,920,150 times
Quote:

I would never be considered a Universalist in your circle. And many Bible born again Christians would have deep concerns about your eternal destiny and your fellow believers. As I stated before I think many of you are in extreme danger. You really do see this, donít you?
Actually, it's very compatible, ye of little faith. And what's a BIBLE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN?
Do you honestly believe that you are born again, just because you have and read a BIBLE?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:16 PM

40,412 posts, read 26,927,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I like that train of thought. In my experience, nothing was quite as bad as realizing that, at certain times, I was actually the instigator of some cruelty.
Therein is the kernel of truth that we all should pay attention to regarding our impact on this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity