U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 03:00 PM

14,867 posts, read 4,982,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Hannibal, false statement:"The law is a marriage contract, you reject it, and you reject the marriage."
I reject THOSE terms for a contract of marriage and respect what Jesus taught is required, not what those who idolize one cultural heritage believe. I DO believe the Bible is a great tool for the authority THAT book names, why do YOU idolize the book instead of the Guide Jesus taught?
But I am speaking of the written covenant, not my opinion, not your opinion, I am speaking about the facts and requirements WRITTEN IN THE COVENANT. This covenant is ONLY for Gentiles who will come as brides to the Jewish people who stand as a male. Jesus didn't offer a betrothal to Jews, he offered a betrothal to Gentiles to become Jews, one with Jews in a marriage under a marriage contract that is Only written for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and all those of the house of Israel MUST come as Gentile virgins willing to marry the Jewish house in order to become one in a marriage.

This isn't my opinion, it is the fact of the written covenant and what Paul teaches in Romans concerning the adoption of Gentiles and how they would receive a betrothal from a Jew, and THEY MUST COME AS VIRGINS, IN A MARRIAGE TO JEWS.

Paul teaches this in Romans and it is the foundation of what we believe and how Gentiles are grafted through the void of the ten lost tribes, ONLY IF they will come as submissive virgins to Judah.

God's Mercy to Israel Hosea 2 ~ What Paul is explaining in Romans.......God's mercy to THE TEN LOST TRIBES., AND HOW THOSE TEN LOST TRIBES ARE FOUND IN GENTILES WHO COME TO MARRY JUDAH TO BECOME ONE AS CO-HEIRS IN AN INHERITANCE IN ISRAEL THROUGH A PROMISED BETROTHAL.

14“Therefore, behold, I will allure her {The Gentiles of the ten lost tribes.}
and lead her to the wilderness,
and speak to her tenderly.
15There I will give back her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achord
into a gateway of hope.
There she will respond as she did
in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.
16In that day,”
declares the LORD,
“you will call Me ‘my husband,’
and no longer call Me ‘my Master.’e
17For I will remove from her lips the names of the Baals;
no longer will their names be invoked.
18On that day I will make a covenant for them
with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air
and the creatures that crawl on the ground.
And I will abolish bow and sword
and weapons of war in the land,
and will make them lie down in safety.
19So I will betroth you to Me forever;
I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,
in loving devotion and compassion.
20And I will betroth you in faithfulness,
and you will know the LORD.”
21“On that day I will respond—”
declares the LORD—
“I will respond to the heavens,
and they will respond to the earth.
22And the earth will respond to the grain,
to the new wine and oil,
and they will respond to Jezreel.
23And I will sow her for Myself in the land,
and I will have compassion on ‘No Compassion. ’
I will say to those called ‘Not My People, ’
‘You are My people,’
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”

What you have Nate, it is a fairy tale covenant that you yourself invented about the religion that you yourself invented, your opinion of your covenant doesn't have the least thing to do with the actual written covenant that says,'' I will bring a New Covenant for Ephraim and Judah.''

In no reality can you call yourself Ephraim or Judah like those first Gentile converts who married a Jew, you have not accepted the marriage, but you think you are in the covenant, and it is a covenant of Marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 03:14 PM

16,289 posts, read 7,664,870 times
Hanni, we could go back and forth all day, but the fact is that I think you are delightfully nuts and have seen nothing to change my opinion.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:21 PM

14,867 posts, read 4,982,617 times
Quote:
Hanni, we could go back and forth all day, but the fact is that I think you are delightfully nuts and have seen nothing to change my opinion.
Facts?

I quote the written covenant in the fact of the matter, you pretend it never happened, we are not two people having a debate, you have no debate.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:51 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Quote:

Old 08-18-2018, 09:53 AM

101 posts, read 100,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Yap yap yap
What side of the bed did this guy wake up on? Is he always like this
If you think my question is BS you can say it, no need for the passive aggressive repeated quoting of words.
Believe it or not it affects me in no personal way what someone’s personal habits are but from an outside perspective (way to be welcoming,I’m sure you’ve got a lot of conversions under your belt) I am interested in whether there is a recommendation or “bonus points” if you will for taking it a step beyond the NT and applying certain OT aspects.

Thanks to all those who responded.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:08 AM

16,289 posts, read 7,664,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walmill View Post
What side of the bed did this guy wake up on? Is he always like this
If you think my question is BS you can say it, no need for the passive aggressive repeated quoting of words.
Believe it or not it affects me in no personal way what someone’s personal habits are but from an outside perspective (way to be welcoming,I’m sure you’ve got a lot of conversions under your belt) I am interested in whether there is a recommendation or “bonus points” if you will for taking it a step beyond the NT and applying certain OT aspects.

Thanks to all those who responded.
Pretty much, yes. "Bonus points," interesting concept. In terms of understanding the context of the ministry and message of Jesus, you CAN see a development of understanding of the nature of God from fairly primitive anthropomorphic (God stopping by to visit Abraham on His way to check out Sodom and Gomorrah) to the projection of a new paradigm (covenant) in Jeremiah and the statement of God's real concern in Micah 6:8. There ARE some amazing expressions of love and devotion in the OT, especially the poetry, and incorporating some of those might be considered a bonus.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:14 AM

9,280 posts, read 3,155,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
But I am speaking of the written covenant, not my opinion, not your opinion, I am speaking about the facts and requirements WRITTEN IN THE COVENANT. This covenant is ONLY for Gentiles who will come as brides to the Jewish people who stand as a male. Jesus didn't offer a betrothal to Jews, he offered a betrothal to Gentiles to become Jews, one with Jews in a marriage under a marriage contract that is Only written for the house of Israel and the house of Judah and all those of the house of Israel MUST come as Gentile virgins willing to marry the Jewish house in order to become one in a marriage.

This isn't my opinion, it is the fact of the written covenant and what Paul teaches in Romans concerning the adoption of Gentiles and how they would receive a betrothal from a Jew, and THEY MUST COME AS VIRGINS, IN A MARRIAGE TO JEWS.

Paul teaches this in Romans and it is the foundation of what we believe and how Gentiles are grafted through the void of the ten lost tribes, ONLY IF they will come as submissive virgins to Judah.

God's Mercy to Israel Hosea 2 ~ What Paul is explaining in Romans.......God's mercy to THE TEN LOST TRIBES., AND HOW THOSE TEN LOST TRIBES ARE FOUND IN GENTILES WHO COME TO MARRY JUDAH TO BECOME ONE AS CO-HEIRS IN AN INHERITANCE IN ISRAEL THROUGH A PROMISED BETROTHAL.

14“Therefore, behold, I will allure her {The Gentiles of the ten lost tribes.}
and lead her to the wilderness,
and speak to her tenderly.
15There I will give back her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achord
into a gateway of hope.
There she will respond as she did
in the days of her youth,
as in the day she came up out of Egypt.
16In that day,”
declares the LORD,
“you will call Me ‘my husband,’
and no longer call Me ‘my Master.’e
17For I will remove from her lips the names of the Baals;
no longer will their names be invoked.
18On that day I will make a covenant for them
with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air
and the creatures that crawl on the ground.
And I will abolish bow and sword
and weapons of war in the land,
and will make them lie down in safety.
19So I will betroth you to Me forever;
I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,
in loving devotion and compassion.
20And I will betroth you in faithfulness,
and you will know the LORD.”
21“On that day I will respond—”
declares the LORD—
“I will respond to the heavens,
and they will respond to the earth.
22And the earth will respond to the grain,
to the new wine and oil,
and they will respond to Jezreel.
23And I will sow her for Myself in the land,
and I will have compassion on ‘No Compassion. ’
I will say to those called ‘Not My People, ’
‘You are My people,’
and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”

What you have Nate, it is a fairy tale covenant that you yourself invented about the religion that you yourself invented, your opinion of your covenant doesn't have the least thing to do with the actual written covenant that says,'' I will bring a New Covenant for Ephraim and Judah.''

In no reality can you call yourself Ephraim or Judah like those first Gentile converts who married a Jew, you have not accepted the marriage, but you think you are in the covenant, and it is a covenant of Marriage.

Amen and this covenant basically can be summed up with laying down your life for your covenant partner, just like you are supposed to do with your marriage partner. No greater love has any man than THIS, that He lay down his life for his friend. Abraham was God's friend because he was willing to lay down all that he had, INCLUDING even the promise. Few are willing.....Blessings...

Old 08-18-2018, 04:52 PM

40,098 posts, read 26,761,498 times
Quote:
Pretty much, yes. "Bonus points," interesting concept. In terms of understanding the context of the ministry and message of Jesus, you CAN see a development of understanding of the nature of God from fairly primitive anthropomorphic (God stopping by to visit Abraham on His way to check out Sodom and Gomorrah) to the projection of a new paradigm (covenant) in Jeremiah and the statement of God's real concern in Micah 6:8. There ARE some amazing expressions of love and devotion in the OT, especially the poetry, and incorporating some of those might be considered a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or