Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,225,633 times

Advertisements

What the heck do you think we are doing, scgraham? Stealing from old people and selling drugs to 4th graders?

It's like you make us out to be so bad deserving eternal flames or something...
you must realize if anyone ever thought of coming to the Christian faith these things scare people away, as in, Christians are fanatically negative, scary people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 08:40 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Have you ever had a peaceful life without the thought of condemning other people to Hell?
I get the impression that condemning others to hell is a large part of his religion. I doubt he does this face to face in public though, probably only behind the anonymity of the internet.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So as of today, you are claiming to be sinless??
Yes, he is like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:50 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,025,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
My rants, as you call them, against sin are justified in this perverted generation because whoever continues to commit sin will wake up one day in the flames of hell. The Holy Fire in California with its firenados is a glimpse. And all you enablers have their blood on your hands! It would have been better that you had never been born!

Pay attention boys and girls: The above is what happens to the brain of the religiously-afflicted when overdosing on the bible. Stay in school. Pay attention in class, especially in Science. Learn what critical thinking means and practice it. Do not let what happened to scgraham's brain, happen to yours.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I get the impression that condemning others to hell is a large part of his religion. I doubt he does this face to face in public though, probably only behind the anonymity of the internet.

I have encountered his personality type multiple times in public. I was in a grocery store, standing in line, when a couple men began discussing the Scriptures and that of hell itself. In addition to the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible that was written by men. When I disagreed, they became extremely irritated. And, as I was leaving, they approached me (outside), wanting to continue the discussion. I had no problem with that, until one of them poked me in the chest, telling me that I was going to hell. I have no doubt that his finger hurt for a couple days. And the night before last, there was a woman in a clothing store that was just as hostile and abrasive as these men.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I have encountered his personality type multiple times in public. I was in a grocery store, standing in line, when a couple men began discussing the Scriptures and that of hell itself. In addition to the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible that was written by men. When I disagreed, they became extremely irritated. And, as I was leaving, they approached me (outside), wanting to continue the discussion. I had no problem with that, until one of them poked me in the chest, telling me that I was going to hell. I have no doubt that his finger hurt for a couple days. And the night before last, there was a woman in a clothing store that was just as hostile and abrasive as these men.
That is astonishing, Jerwade. I rarely run into anyone discussing such things while I'm out shopping or going out somewhere. Is your city filled with a lot of such characters? I'm sure we have our share of fundamentalists here, but the closest thing that ever happened to me locally was years ago when I was attending a Baptist church for a while, they did talk about how the Catholics were not saved, and also I once ran into someone from the Church of God that I'd attended in my early 20s and when I told him I was attending a Baptist church he assured me they were all unsaved and didn't have the Holy Spirit. This was at the time when I still went to churches --- before God showed me why they are all confused and before I left all such places and began to walk and talk with God for myself. It was at this time that I learned how to hear God speaking to me, in my inner self.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
That is astonishing, Jerwade. I rarely run into anyone discussing such things while I'm out shopping or going out somewhere. Is your city filled with a lot of such characters? I'm sure we have our share of fundamentalists here, but the closest thing that ever happened to me locally was years ago when I was attending a Baptist church for a while, they did talk about how the Catholics were not saved, and also I once ran into someone from the Church of God that I'd attended in my early 20s and when I told him I was attending a Baptist church he assured me they were all unsaved and didn't have the Holy Spirit. This was at the time when I still went to churches --- before God showed me why they are all confused and before I left all such places and began to walk and talk with God for myself. It was at this time that I learned how to hear God speaking to me, in my inner self.
There are quite a few hardened fundamentalist here. I believe Twin spin lives not far from me? I have run into them in stores, gas-stations, on street corners, even the airport while traveling. But to be fair, there are also those who live, and let live without passing out their judgments. And, those who do not believe at all, which I don't have a problem with. I have also been a mediator on construction sites, when things get heated-up because of a fanatic. Most have said, they didn't have a problem with me. It was those "damn" fundamentalists, using their words.

We also have a lot of college students, for the most part they are peaceful but you will get the radicals who want to preach at other students on campus. I know several of the Pastors from various Churches and have even had discussions with them. They were mostly Calvinist's or Primitive Baptist, others were prodigies from well-known Ministers like Chuck Smith or John MacArthur. Although, it was years ago. And I really have no interest in trying to reason or debate with unreasonable people who are motivated by preconceived ideologies, whether from the far right or left. Personally, I believe we are all in the same boat and shouldn't be condemning one another - especially, to a non-existent hellhole.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-17-2018 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: spelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity