U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 10:00 PM

20,342 posts, read 9,813,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If I used some of the language I'd like to use regarding some of the people on this forum I'd be banned permanently. I make no apology. Not very Christian of me? Oh well!!!
A fire and brimstone chat-room, sign me up. I can smell the acrid odor of sulphur dioxide given off by the lightning strikes within the language! Here's to you, and here's to me - if we shall ever disagree to hell with you; here's to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 10:14 PM

32,221 posts, read 21,094,471 times
Quote:
If I used some of the language I'd like to use regarding some of the people on this forum I'd be banned permanently. I make no apology. Not very Christian of me? Oh well!!!
Maybe an infraction might do you good too.I wish you would get it off your chest and tell me what you really thought of me, i'm sure it's worth an infraction. I had a couple years ago when i first started posting, at least one got revoked, and 1 last year i think. So all in all in all i'm a good lad.Maybe a B+

Old 08-18-2018, 10:33 PM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Quote:
Well make up your mind. You just said that I don't equate the Bible with God and then you turn around and agree with pcamps that I do. Recognizing that the Bible is the word of God is not making the Bible out to be God Himself.
The Bible makes no such claim for itself. You and the "precepts and doctrines of men" do. God is inerrant and infallible nothing else. When you make a book inerrant and infallible, you make it a God. That is why you err. Jesus is the Word of God, NOT the Bible. Jesus abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has already "written in our hearts" so we do not need anyone to teach us. You reject the New Covenant and the Comforter in favor of the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. Sad, very sad.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:37 PM

9,265 posts, read 5,486,975 times
Quote:
Obviously you do NOT believe the words of Jesus Himself.

That very fact is strong evidence of your idolatry of the Bible. Your claim that it is inerrant and infallible (which the Bible NEVER claims for itself), while ignoring Jesus' very words recorded in the Bible, puts you firmly in danger of that hell fire Jesus spoke of. Claim it is the word of God and then ignore what Jesus says simply means you don't truly respect God's word at all. You have zero respect for Jesus. You respect your "rightness" that is missing any and all righteousness.

I will remind you of your rejection of Jesus every time you attempt to bring up inerrant and infallible while intentionally--INTENTIONALLY--ignoring the words of Jesus.

And you can call me anything you wish as you dig your way to the hell that "perfect" book promises you.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:44 AM

62,956 posts, read 34,302,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Bible makes no such claim for itself. You and the "precepts and doctrines of men" do. God is inerrant and infallible nothing else. When you make a book inerrant and infallible, you make it a God. That is why you err. Jesus is the Word of God, NOT the Bible. Jesus abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has already "written in our hearts" so we do not need anyone to teach us. You reject the New Covenant and the Comforter in favor of the Old Covenant "written in ink" and stone. Sad, very sad.
If you don't need anyone to teach you, why are you constantly quoting the Bible? Why don't you quote something you heard from your own sources?

PS I have never, ever, met anyone who thinks Bible is God. Making such claims about other people makes you a false witness.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-19-2018 at 06:57 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you don't need anyone to teach you, why are you constantly quoting the Bible? Why don't you quote something you heard from your own source?

PS I have never, ever, met anyone who thinks Bible is God. Making such claims about other people makes you a false witness.
Calling it what only God is, is calling it God. The scriptures testify of the One who is Life, they are not life in themselves. Whom to know is Life. Jesus also said My words are Spirit and Life, he did not say the scriptures are

Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 AM

21,093 posts, read 23,895,889 times
Quote:
If you don't need anyone to teach you, why are you constantly quoting the Bible? Why don't you quote something you heard from your own sources?

then why do evangelicals ONLY quote the bible and not god? also, why are the ONLY written words used to quote god over 3000 years old? Why has god not spoken to evangelicals since the Crucifixion?

Old 08-19-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Why has god not spoken to evangelicals since the Crucifixion?
He is, they are just not listening, they are tuned into the bible instead.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:13 AM

62,956 posts, read 34,302,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
then why do evangelicals ONLY quote the bible and not god? also, why are the ONLY written words used to quote god over 3000 years old?
Jesus own words are records in the Bible, so they are words from God.

Do you have words of God from the sources?

Quote:
Why has god not spoken to evangelicals since the Crucifixion?
If He didn't, not one would come to Him, but He is speaking, and people are coming to Him. However, the message is the same as written in the Bible.

Old 08-19-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Jesus own words are records in the Bible, so they are words from God.

Do you have words of God from the sources?

If He didn't, not one would come to Him, but He is speaking, and people are coming to Him. However, the message is the same as written in the Bible.
So what you are saying is Jesus is limited by his own words in the bible. He rebuked the jews for saying they were words of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity